Page 364 of 419 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,280 of 8362

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    I just realized I'm pretty sure I bought some ecstasy way back in with the day with bitcoin that would now be worth about 900k.

Also, I woke up to being up 1k.

This is dumb as hell

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

What you’re omitting is the leverage issue. Some people are simply dead now.
    Well no offense to anyone on the forum who may be in that situation, I am not going to laugh at their misfortune, but to borrow money you can't afford to pay back and putting it into an extremely speculative asset is just fucking stupid beyond stupid.

thats not what hes talking about really. leverage is the principle driving force behind the price of btc. there are a literal handful of retail traders who arent trading on margin. the overwhelming majority of btc positions are levered more than you could possibly suspect. the crypto millionaires (many times over) got there because sites like bitfinex (iirc?) were letting them lever up 100x with zero paperwork pretty much.

seriously.

subtract all that leverage and btc would probably be trading at about $1k top range, providing cryptards wouldnt have gotten bored with their $17 a day profit and chunked it off on flash blackjack games while it traded sideways.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    one of the common themes ive seen pop up in the last 72 hours is 'thank god i had 4 accounts... 3 of them got liquidated but the 4th is doing great. if i had just one account id have no dry powder for the dip etc etc'.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    according to latest figures... 800,000 accounts were liquidated in yesterdays flush.

#leverage

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    according to latest figures... 800,000 accounts were liquidated in yesterdays flush.

#leverage
    Is there some Bitcoin or dogecoin message board where I can read posts from all these millennials who are learning about what margin accounts actually are? I’d love to see the real time posts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

#leverage
    Is there some Bitcoin or dogecoin message board where I can read posts from all these millennials who are learning about what margin accounts actually are? I’d love to see the real time posts.

yeah its this wild new site called twitter innit

Load Metric
    watched all my coinbcase videos for $3 and up 30% so far.

Load Metric
    Yeah, leverage is just leverage. It does not imply whether you can afford the loss or not.

What it does imply is that gains are magnified - which is the point .... and so too losses are magnified. Big losses in asset price can mean you get tapped out. You don’t “ride it out” cause you are dead.

Leverage is a signature of our times. Everyone is levered. Sonatine can prolly insert a fun fact or figure here.

Old degen takes the microphone now. After the dot com crash in 2000 people took their remaining stake and moved from stonks to another asset class - real estate. 6 years later that wild speculation got corrected too.

The feel now and dot com is precisely the same. I can relate a myriad of stories from people I watched first hand. Dot com was similarly reckless, spectacularly rewarding and devastating.

This pattern has not occurred to me until recently. It’s personally amusing because I took what I felt was the best leverage option of our times - free 30 year mortgage money and am gambling real estate. Of course it too is a speculative market. We will see how nimble we are.

Comments

sonatine:

Load Metric
    Anyone who uses margin to buy crypto or stocks is a fucking fool. Don't be Artie Bucco (from the Sopranos). Don't gamble with money you don't have.

Comments

garrett: flawless

Walter Sobchak: What I've been trying to say

Load Metric
    Ask yourself this remedial question. What is more significant - Bitcoin or the blockchain?

I highly encourage you to wet your beak with DeFi. Even if you are only looking to run it up you wil be able to tell the kids you remember when.

It’s like being able to say you used that old Pedo’s DOS 3.1 back in the day.

Not all Dot com companies went away after 2000. Amazon and it’s kin worked out. CMGI did not. So too will the blockchain and smart contracts survive like online commerce did.

Bitcoin is Netscape

Comments

garrett: Ethereum Blockchain is the 100k Blockchain sir

Gordman:

Load Metric
    Savage move.

I admit I bought some yesterday. Insert money on fire gif here

Load Metric
    I need to time travel back to 2012 so I can buy Bitcoin for $4 each.

Load Metric
    Permissionless money lulz

I was sharing how in the past week I recently got my account cancelled on an exchange. I was given privileged info - instead I just said fuck off

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Anyone who uses margin to buy crypto or stocks is a fucking fool. Don't be Artie Bucco (from the Sopranos). Don't gamble with money you don't have.

Or, you could, you know.... trade well. Margin is a bloody god send, so long as your not a new school redditard “trader”.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    seriously its just a decision like any other.

if youre comfortable with being liquidated and possibly taking a 7 year nap while the bankruptcy falls off your credit report in exchange for making millions of fucking dollars, you know, do that dance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post

Or, you could, you know.... trade well. Margin is a bloody god send, so long as your not a new school redditard “trader”.
    It’s why god invented prop trading, if I recall.

Load Metric
    DISCO CHAPS IS A PRO PLAY MONEY TRADER SO WHAT HE SAYS GOES IM ON TEAM #DISCOCHAPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Gold
    Load Metric

Chaps is a broke guy, barely makes minimum wage living in a studio apartment spending his meager income on drugs!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    DISCO CHAPS IS A PRO PLAY MONEY TRADER SO WHAT HE SAYS GOES IM ON TEAM #DISCOCHAPS

I mean, I WAS an actual trader at one time... and managed a solid size acct.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

Chaps is a broke guy, barely makes minimum wage living in a studio apartment spending his meager income on drugs!

Blah blah blah lol. You’re talking to yourself kid.

Thread Information