Page 313 of 418 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 8350

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Just need a Kermit post to get BTC to blast thru $10,000. Sonatine??
    Why is it you only post in this thread when bitcoin goes up a few hundred but are always silent when it goes down a few hundred?

I guess you are always one of those people that always buys low and sells high.

Like I said, we only ever see you when it goes up a few hundred. But we never see you when it goes down. I guess you always sell and buy at the exact moment. You must be really rich.
    Why is it you post at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    I would have posted this sooner but my phone running really slow.

If your mobile phone is running slowly or always losing battery, it might have been hacked to mine cryptocurrency – here's how to protect yourself
    https://www.businessinsider.com/cryp...r-phone-2018-8

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: new avatar rep
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Why is it you only post in this thread when bitcoin goes up a few hundred but are always silent when it goes down a few hundred?

I guess you are always one of those people that always buys low and sells high.

Like I said, we only ever see you when it goes up a few hundred. But we never see you when it goes down. I guess you always sell and buy at the exact moment. You must be really rich.
    Why is it you post at all?
    tight life autist

Name:  unnamed.gif
Views: 849
Size:  207.0 KB

Comments

MumblesBadly: At least it’s not off the rails.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Hey Tgull, Bitcoin crashed 20%. Looks like it has cancer, spread to the bones. Maybe China will give the eulogy.

Load Metric
    The DreadPirateRoberts/Silk Road tale provided me with years of top quality entertainment.

A discussion about the possibility of DPR’s Silk Road windfall actively moving while our hero is in prison began days before the huge dump. People were speculating about what’s up and maybe we now know.

Ulbricht and his lawyer always claimed Silk Road and the resulting cash was a collaboration. Drop Craig Wright & Mt Gox into the mix of the address 1933 yarn and we get to re-experience the glory days of 2014 “Bitcoins Are Officially Donkdown”

Once again, bear in mind the following was produced just prior to the recent drilling. Adds to the fun.

$800 Million: Bitcoin Whale Starts Moving Funds Associated With Silk Road's Operator
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cry...tor/%3famp=yes

Maybe you guys can find a better explanation of the game. Enjoy.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The DreadPirateRoberts/Silk Road tale provided me with years of top quality entertainment.

A discussion about the possibility of DPR’s Silk Road windfall actively moving while our hero is in prison began days before the huge dump. People were speculating about what’s up and maybe we now know.

Ulbricht and his lawyer always claimed Silk Road and the resulting cash was a collaboration. Drop Craig Wright & Mt Gox into the mix of the address 1933 yarn and we get to re-experience the glory days of 2014 “Bitcoins Are Officially Donkdown”

Once again, bear in mind the following was produced just prior to the recent drilling. Adds to the fun.

$800 Million: Bitcoin Whale Starts Moving Funds Associated With Silk Road's Operator
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cry...tor/%3famp=yes

Maybe you guys can find a better explanation of the game. Enjoy.
    I always thought DRW Trading bought all those coins. At least that's what the rumor was here in Chicago.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post

I always thought DRW Trading bought all those coins. At least that's what the rumor was here in Chicago.
    I tip my cap on your knowing DRW bought the Silk Road coins auctioned by the government. I sure didn’t.

Bitcoin prop traders. I really never gave the idea any thought but of course there are.

Anyway, DRW bought the coins seized by the government but who the hell knows if that was all she wrote. Certainly not the Feds. Hell, the Fed agents were stealing coins shit was so loose.

It is real easy to see David Wright (self proclaimed Satoshi Nakomoto) gravitating toward Silk Road processing. I leave that door open.

Some clever shit probably went down with the proceeds at Silk Road.

Just for lulz I want a billion dollars doing damage as a result of a call from a prison pay phone. I kid about the pay phone but not the whale.

Remember when the evangelists went on about private and anonymous transactions? Every story you read has government or some other organization unwinding ownership from even years ago. Nothing really turned out as advertised with BTC.

Monsterj, refresh my memory... you quit the game and went to the Valley, right?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-06-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bitcoins
    mr kermit i dont feel so good....
    Name:  203.png
Views: 724
Size:  1.82 MB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Bitcoin Miners Flock to New York’s Remote Corners, but Get Chilly Reception
    A region that once attracted heavy industry is coping with an influx of Bitcoin speculators, lured by an abundance of cheap electricity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/19/n...gtype=Homepage

Coinmint installed four transformers that could draw more than 13 megawatts, or enough power to run about 10,000 homes. It was more than one-tenth of the local utility’s total allocation of low-cost hydropower.
    Mr. Read estimated that Coinmint had made a profit of more than $50 million in Plattsburgh. Leon Christman, who manages the company’s operations there, said the larger installation in Plattsburgh — the one with the leftover image of Spiderman painted on the back wall — earned $600,000 on its best day last year.
    For an investment of $700 million, you can bankrupt an American city and profit a ton of money off Bitcoin.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  DAAA707F-8D3D-41F5-99E9-979475252503.jpeg
Views: 614
Size:  59.2 KB

Comments

Username: What’s good, is good.

Load Metric
    Is that how it works? People delude themselves for months and months, then, in a 12 hour period they all just realize en masse they paid large sums of fiat for long chains of certified unique digits?

Name:  BTC_1_day.png
Views: 645
Size:  68.2 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    Is that how it works? People delude themselves for months and months, then, in a 12 hour period they all just realize en masse they paid large sums of fiat for long chains of certified unique digits?

Name:  BTC_1_day.png
Views: 645
Size:  68.2 KB

there was an industry analysis piece recently that cited something like an 80% drop in references to bitcoin and blockchain in press releases in the last year that dropped about 4 days ago i think.

the party is over.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 10.10.47 PM.png
Views: 529
Size:  688.2 KB

Load Metric
    I bought more Ethereum and Bitcoin earlier for the first time in a year.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  B08FAE77-7562-40F3-A86C-0BCA42A9137F.gif
Views: 420
Size:  1.86 MB

Comments

Username: never gets old.

Load Metric
    Bought even more bitcoin and ethereum.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    That same story has been ran for about a year.

Load Metric
    Bloomberg in June. How convenient that there is a repeat of the same thing as it bottoms out. The "investigation" has been going on since May.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-boost-bitcoin

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The shine is slowly wearing off cryptocurrencies for the moment.

I was actually surprised that it held for so long at 6300ish without really rising or falling. That was the most stability it ever had.

Anyway, I think most people are realizing that these cryptos are very immature at this point, not good for payments to most businesses, and too volatile to be used for store of value.

Oh, and LOL at all the infighting among the prominent members of the cryptocurrency community. Now bitcoin CASH is actually hard-forking.

Or, simply put, "We can't get along with the people in charge of bitcoin anymore, so we're splitting off and making or own version of bitcoin, but now we are having the same issue again so we're splitting that, too, even though our secondary bitcoin was mostly an embarrassing failure."

Then there's all the alt coins, many of which are an outright scam, and most of the others have zero credibility in general.

I don't know what the future of electronic payment and store of funds is going to look like, but it's sure as hell not going to be this.

As 2018 is about 6 weeks from coming to a close, I'm thinking about Micon's tweet in December 2017, "The public gonna get rekt in 2018", referring to cryptocurrency.

I actually agreed with that, and indeed it turned out he was right.

But I have to think that he also got rekt, because I can't come up with a single crypto which did well in 2018, which means that anyone who invested in cryptocurrency (or already had it) in early 2018 has lost substantial money since then.

Thread Information