Page 297 of 419 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 8362

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    it drives neither price nor innovation because the bottleneck is production & resources, and a logical price cap dictated by competitors in the market.

once youve sold out of a shipment, there is no more profit and no more R&D budget than there was when your vendors paid for it.

if they were able to meet market demand, then dusty fucking retard mumbles would be right, but because he cant imagine anything that complicated, now we have to have a conversation about it.

*golf claps*.
    What's stopping these manufacturers from making more?

Look at the GTX 1070 for example, it's been around for like 18 months. I'm sure they've not just made one batch. You can buy them just about everywhere right now, at about double the release price in late 2016.
    About 6 weeks ago they were really rare, now most computer shops have stock here.

Usually if you look far enough up the supply line, you find a shortage of rare elements such as lithium and cobalt iirc.

It's exactly why we are jockeying for influence in places like Afghanistan and Africa, where a) this shit gets mined and b) China beat us to the punch.

On top of which, there is an organic break point where its not financially feasible to tool up production because it costs X dollars to do so which costs more than you can recoup by the time you have to retool for next generation chips.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    There was some Chinese company that posed a threat to NVDA & AMD.

Not sure I ever saw the name but I remember seeing it when I was playing NVDA a couple weeks ago

Not sure how the innovation game is over there but maybe you don’t need to

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    oh boy: https://bitcoiin2gen.pr.co/163919-ze...reheat_cache=1

Steven Segal and a new coin called Bitcoiin .... lololol good lord... gl with that: https://bitcoiin.com

here is info on the bitcoiin coin.

Comments

sonatine: lol nice

JoeD: What could possibly go wrong with this lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    There was some Chinese company that posed a threat to NVDA & AMD.

Not sure I ever saw the name but I remember seeing it when I was playing NVDA a couple weeks ago

Not sure how the innovation game is over there but maybe you don’t need to

Respectfully, you can ignore literally anything said by a Chinese company.

There is a great thread around here someplace that touches on a Chinese Vive-killer who fulfilled exactly zero of their stated goals and the response was 99% furious nerds being furious and 1% of people who have done business with China saying "yeah you never believe anything they say until they have a prototype you can personally benchmark".

Comments

Sanlmar: Coge - not worth remembering

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

What's stopping these manufacturers from making more?

Look at the GTX 1070 for example, it's been around for like 18 months. I'm sure they've not just made one batch. You can buy them just about everywhere right now, at about double the release price in late 2016.
    About 6 weeks ago they were really rare, now most computer shops have stock here.

Usually if you look far enough up the supply line, you find a shortage of rare elements such as lithium and cobalt iirc.

It's exactly why we are jockeying for influence in places like Afghanistan and Africa, where a) this shit gets mined and b) China beat us to the punch.

On top of which, there is an organic break point where its not financially feasible to tool up production because it costs X dollars to do so which costs more than you can recoup by the time you have to retool for next generation chips.
    I reckon they've made more.

1070's are available everywhere, and the Vega 64 is now switched from out of stock to pre-order at most places.

Gotta be viable at twice the release price, and the numbers they can sell must be huge. Gamers buy one or two, GPU farms buy tens if not hundreds.

Load Metric

1070's are available everywhere, and the Vega 64 is now switched from out of stock to pre-order at most places.

Gotta be viable at twice the release price, and the numbers they can sell must be huge. Gamers buy one or two, GPU farms buy tens if not hundreds.

Its a pretty perfect example of circumstances dictating the market. If they could they would.

The only geniuses who can disrupt that market are apparently pathologically lonely long haul truckers earning 40k a year.

Comments

MumblesBadly: 42k per year. And here's a sympathy green given your projection re being pathologically lonely.

Load Metric

Its a pretty perfect example of circumstances dictating the market. If they could they would.

The only geniuses who can disrupt that market are apparently pathologically lonely long haul truckers earning 40k a year.
    Tyson Chicken CEO was talking about inflationary costs today. $200M in increased delivery labor costs.

Mumbles is in line for a raise.

I promise I’ll stop here though. Too much adrenaline today. Need to medicate

Comments

sonatine: gecmis olsun

MumblesBadly: Already got two raises within the past 12 months, aggregate of about 5% separate from higher CPM for more experience.

Load Metric
    This nitwit was due to get tagged.

Overstock.com Inc. (OSTK - Get Report) dropped 3.7% after it disclosed the Securities and Exchange Commission was investigating the company over its cryptocurrency operations.

Load Metric
    https://www.cnet.com/news/iceland-bi...ing-computers/

professional thieves in iceland just stole 600 gpus + sundry support hardware worth $2m.

if only a long haul trucker making 40k a year could explain to us how that fits with his theory that GPU production will scale both in performance and availability because.. so many people buy them or something.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Your economic thinking on this matter is woefully short term.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

One of the better TRs on this site honestly.

Comments

OSA: ignoring my epic ones

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  ZOB9YMN.png
Views: 277
Size:  303.3 KB

Buckle up

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post

Buckle up

There is nothing to buckle up on. Volume has absolutely collapsed. Any move up or down is likely dependent on manipulation of washing where the same group is buying and selling the same coins. There is no organic volume from retail investors. The only value to this POS is the manufactured hype of going to a million a coin.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

There is nothing to buckle up on. Volume has absolutely collapsed. Any move up or down is likely dependent on manipulation of washing where the same group is buying and selling the same coins. There is no organic volume from retail investors. The only value to this POS is the manufactured hype of going to a million a coin.

Will you please start posting on the Draymond account, Tgull is kinda a downer. TIA

Load Metric

Will you please start posting on the Draymond account, Tgull is kinda a downer. TIA
    Seriously, you have become the most unfunny, uninteresting poster on this forum. You have always sucked, but you really have become terrible. I can speak for just about everyone in that your best days were the 10 years when you lurked and did not post. Easily the worst story in years, fake or not, was that ridiculous love story where you met your high school sweetheart in an antique shop and began going on countryside picnics.

You are simply awful.

Comments

Tellafriend: Lurker's whole shtick is a fraud

Banned
    Load Metric

Seriously, you have become the most unfunny, uninteresting poster on this forum. You have always sucked, but you really have become terrible. I can speak for just about everyone in that your best days were the 10 years when you lurked and did not post. Easily the worst story in years, fake or not, was that ridiculous love story where you met your high school sweetheart in an antique shop and began going on countryside picnics.

You are simply awful.

This is exactly what i was talking about when I said Tgull is a downer

FREE DRAYMOND!!!!
    Last edited by The_Lurker; 03-05-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric

Buckle up

Another bitter person who missed an easy million dollars. Free million bucks and didn't have the stones to jump on it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Another bitter person who missed an easy million dollars. Free million bucks and didn't have the stones to jump on it.
    Not getting your point. I already have a million bucks and counting. I was watching Micon pimp Bitcoins at $9. Guess what, I would have sold them all at $100 if I had actually bought.

I am not going to get into a trolling match with someone who made a few million in bitcoins like you (correct?), buying at the low and selling at the high.

I know nothing about bitcoin, nothing about e-wallets, nothing about coinbase or anything about that shit. So I am not bitter. But nice try in saying yet again everyone hates life because they did not buy @ $9 or something.

Comments

hongkonger: Can't have it both ways dickweed

Banned
    Load Metric

I know nothing about bitcoin, nothing about e-wallets, nothing about coinbase or anything about that shit. So I am not bitter. But nice try in saying yet again everyone hates life because they did not buy @ $9 or something.

Yet you come in here, and act like you do, and piss on everyone's parade.

Comments

hongkonger: Exactly

Load Metric

Yet you come in here, and act like you do, and piss on everyone's parade.

What parade?

I didnt see anyone drinking champagne outside the Bernie Madoff trials, the only difference is that a bunch of collar popping anonymous subtards feel safe doing so here because being a dime store knockoff Gordon Gecko is the only thing on their life-resume.

Thread Information