Page 296 of 419 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,920 of 8362

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

like as fucked up as this is, things are much, much worse for the scientific community, who rely on GPUs heavily for everything from imaging to neural networks.

like honestly we might be years behind on a cure for cancer because bitcoins usurped all the hardware the gene sequencing labs would otherwise have been using.
    On the other hand, the bitcoin-driven demand for faster graphics processing likely drives innovation at a faster pace than otherwise would occur, which should result in better tech availability for scientists and gamers once bitcoin "eventually" goes donkdown.

Comments

big dick: Only -200 now!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

like as fucked up as this is, things are much, much worse for the scientific community, who rely on GPUs heavily for everything from imaging to neural networks.

like honestly we might be years behind on a cure for cancer because bitcoins usurped all the hardware the gene sequencing labs would otherwise have been using.
    On the other hand, the bitcoin-driven demand for faster graphics processing likely drives innovation at a faster pace than otherwise would occur, which should result in better tech availability for scientists and gamers once bitcoin "eventually" goes donkdown.
    It also drives up the price, probably moreso than the innovation.

Load Metric

On the other hand, you've managed to stumble dick first into yet another topic which you know absolutely nothing about.

Go fuck your dusty retarded self into oncoming traffic, you old, and take your dad jokes and desperate need to belong with you.

Comments

Tellafriend: so, so dusty

big dick: gonna have to offset this one

SysOp: go fuck yourself into oncoming traffic rep

MumblesBadly: Can't respond to a logival counter argument, so he shitposts... classic Tinemind.

Mintjewlips: Let's keep this party going
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric

On the other hand, you've managed to stumble dick first into yet another topic which you know absolutely nothing about.

Go fuck your dusty retarded self into oncoming traffic, you old, and take your dad jokes and desperate need to belong with you.
    Why so angry? Did you miss the greatest bull market in the history of the world?

Comments

MumblesBadly: He repeatedly tried to bring to his attention his overconfidence

Load Metric
    Seriously, the desperate need for mumbles' on going love for sonatine's admiration for your acceptment in this community is just getting gross to watch. I mean he even went full force Hillary lover just for you, just to feel included

Comments

MumblesBadly: I don't need to be "included", SysNope. I never have. Never will.
    Last edited by SysOp; 02-25-2018 at 11:05 PM. Reason: edited sonatine from sobatine

Load Metric
    #MeToo

Comments

SysOp:

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    https://www.ccn.com/coinbase-to-turn...er-to-the-irs/

Coinbase has more users than Schwab lol.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    https://www.ccn.com/coinbase-to-turn...er-to-the-irs/

Coinbase has more users than Schwab lol.
    100's of brokers in the USA. Less than a dozen crypto brokers in the USA. Not surprising.

Load Metric
    Ethos is going to take a lot of coinbase business in the near future.

Load Metric

It also drives up the price, probably moreso than the innovation.
    And in turn creates a market that business will try and fill the void.

More aggregate production of processing power isn't a bad thing.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Understands business response to market pressures

Load Metric
    it drives neither price nor innovation because the bottleneck is production & resources, and a logical price cap dictated by competitors in the market.

once youve sold out of a shipment, there is no more profit and no more R&D budget than there was when your vendors paid for it.

if they were able to meet market demand, then dusty fucking retard mumbles would be right, but because he cant imagine anything that complicated, now we have to have a conversation about it.

*golf claps*.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Doesn't understand business response to market pressures.

SysOp: awesome post offset rep

Load Metric
    Bittrex finally announced support of the zclassic fork to BTCP. Easiest money ever if you get in now. The price is rocketing off and almost surely will continue to do so until probably 10am central. Some will take profits around then, but the correct play is to hold the coins until after 11am central when Bittrex completes the snapshot, dump coins, then later receive free BitcoinPrivate which will likely end up being worth a hundo or so almost immediately once it launches and has the potential to be worth much more.

Load Metric
    thats awesome tho that an emotionally broken truck driver making 40k a year thinks some shit he read in a textbook in the 70s is more applicable to GPU performance than moore's law.

Comments

SysOp: headshot, he's frantically googling something about your post

MumblesBadly: FTR, Moore's Law is kind of failing now because of quantum mechanical limitations to hardware tech.

Gold
    Load Metric
    thats awesome tho that an emotionally broken truck driver making 40k a year thinks some shit he read in a textbook in the 70s is more applicable to GPU performance than moore's law.
    How much do you make? 40k/year for a black man is like 250k/yr for a white man. I think he earns more than you.

Comments

OSA: Racist

SysOp: racist? rofl

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    50k by years / thread

Load Metric
    Speaking of black bitcoin guys....

I was at Boston College today throwing rocks at the students. I worked up a thirst and stopped by a convenience store to get a coffee.

There was a Bitcoin ATM next to the coffee area. I move closer to inspect it and a black guy in his 20’s asks me if I was going to use it.

I said, “I might buy some, why do you ask?”

Black guy, “I’ll sell some to you”

The red fraudalert beacon is spinning in my head. Gonna hustle the white guy? I’ve got nothing to do. I’m thinking this could be fun.

Kid says, “there’s a Whole Foods around the corner. My phone cell provider doesn’t work but they have wifi.”

This is setting up real nice. I walk over to Whole Foods and we sit down in a cafe area. How is this hustle gonna play out?

I offer to buy $100. He wants to see the money. Shit is getting real and I’m ready.

Long story short the kid did ship me the money and actually gave me $105 to my BreadWallet.

We ended up talking for an hour. He was brilliant and informed. He knew more than me and I’ve been following for years. I was so stunned that the kid was legit I didn’t have the presence of mind to ask if he had ever heard of Micon. He knew Karpeles and the old time scammers. Kid was encyclopedic.

If he knew of Micon I would have given him the $100 back (kept the $5).

Actually was a enjoyable turn of events

Comments

SysOp:

Silver
    Load Metric
    I heard a commercial/solicitation on Sirius XM this morning for something called BITCOIIN

:

Load Metric
    Not nearly as emotional broken as someone whose blindness to his over overconfidenc lead him to, in the words of another poster to this forum, "miss the greatest bull market in history".

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    it drives neither price nor innovation because the bottleneck is production & resources, and a logical price cap dictated by competitors in the market.

once youve sold out of a shipment, there is no more profit and no more R&D budget than there was when your vendors paid for it.

if they were able to meet market demand, then dusty fucking retard mumbles would be right, but because he cant imagine anything that complicated, now we have to have a conversation about it.

*golf claps*.
    What's stopping these manufacturers from making more?

Look at the GTX 1070 for example, it's been around for like 18 months. I'm sure they've not just made one batch. You can buy them just about everywhere right now, at about double the release price in late 2016.
    About 6 weeks ago they were really rare, now most computer shops have stock here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    I heard a commercial/solicitation on Sirius XM this morning for something called BITCOIIN

:

I believe this is attached to Steven Seagal and I'm not kidding.

Thread Information