Page 239 of 418 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 8360

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Just admit for now that you were wrong and if you turn out to be correct I and im sure others will give you the props that you deserve but for now you're dead wrong

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Just admit for now that you were wrong and if you turn out to be correct I and im sure others will give you the props that you deserve but for now you're dead wrong

I was wrong, bitcoins have always been donkdown, even before I took the time to explain it to you.

It was arrogant for me to assume otherwise, and I appreciate you forcing me to acknowledge it.

I'm going to grow from this.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Anything for a friend

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    BTC is likely not the future, unless changes are made. Cryptocurrencies are the future, in one way or another. It might be a few years away or it may be after our lifetimes. But it will happen. Governments not wanting cryptos to be used as currency is a great reason why we need them. I don't know which are going to take over and which will fade out, but if you're well diversified and are invested in the ones with legitimate use cases, a legitimate and motivated team of devs, and the technology backing it up, you should do quite well.

Whether cryptos skyrocket or fail miserably in the next few years is anyone's guess. I certainly don't think they're going to fail and that there is still plenty of time and money to be made before such a crash (if it occurs). Being an AP, I invest my money in things I believe are +EV. Given it has a legitimate potential to being the absolute greatest investment opportunities in any of our lifetimes, I'm likely going to HODL until I'm up at least 6 figures, then start taking out some profits, but continue holding most of my coins.

Comments

Dan Druff: welcome over to this part of the PFA empire

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    BTC is likely not the future, unless changes are made. Cryptocurrencies are the future, in one way or another. It might be a few years away or it may be after our lifetimes. But it will happen. Governments not wanting cryptos to be used as currency is a great reason why we need them. I don't know which are going to take over and which will fade out, but if you're well diversified and are invested in the ones with legitimate use cases, a legitimate and motivated team of devs, and the technology backing it up, you should do quite well.

Whether cryptos skyrocket or fail miserably in the next few years is anyone's guess. I certainly don't think they're going to fail and that there is still plenty of time and money to be made before such a crash (if it occurs). Being an AP, I invest my money in things I believe are +EV. Given it has a legitimate potential to being the absolute greatest investment opportunities in any of our lifetimes, I'm likely going to HODL until I'm up at least 6 figures, then start taking out some profits, but continue holding most of my coins.

simmer down nerd.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    you know my illiterate ass didn't type that up

Comments

Tellafriend: You'd of at least insulted OSA

Load Metric

Please explain to me why we need a crypto currency?

I find the whole argument that this is something we need, to be quite absurd.

I agree with you in the sense that BTC is not the best option in the crypto world and in my opinion LTC & ETH are superior... much superior as an actual currency.

Other then a half-baked idealistic argument to free us from banks and other evils I see no benefit. In fact the opposite, it's complicated and nearly impossible to actually keep hold of your coins less they are locked away in cold storage.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    People can keep saying Bitcoin is not the future ( I'm not saying it is) but fact of the matter is most of the predictions of demise in this thread have not been close

So if and when they do go donkdown only Sonatine is allowed to claim victory IMO.

Fact remains bitcoins are trading $14,000 ish right now/thread

Comments

sonatine: :SFO

jacosta24: Word

RS_:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

I agree with you in the sense that BTC is not the best option in the crypto world and in my opinion LTC & ETH are superior... much superior as an actual currency.

Other then a half-baked idealistic argument to free us from banks and other evils I see no benefit. In fact the opposite, it's complicated and nearly impossible to actually keep hold of your coins less they are locked away in cold storage.
    Perhaps "need" wasn't the best word. More like "good benefits" or something like that.

They make the transfer of money much easier, quicker, and cheaper. Your money doesn't sit in a bank where you're at their mercy if you do stuff that's legal that they don't like (ie: lots of cash transactions even though you're in a cash business). Fraud and stealing someone's money is much harder with cryptos due to the way transfers are done. With credit cards, you give the receiver your CC information and they charge you whatever they want, they can overcharge you if they want, or a rogue employee can copy the information and use it later. With cryptos, they give you their information, and you send the amount to them...but knowing their information (public key) doesn't allow you to steal their money.

Cryptos are using blockchain technology and you see all the time companies are moving towards blockchain technology. The database is no longer centralized, where everything is in one location (although it'd usually be backed up and held in more than one location). With a decentralized database, the data is stored over hundreds or thousands of machines, making it practically impossible to hack (in this case, modify) data, since you'd have to hack a majority of those nodes, not just a few.

I'd rather have my money directly accessible 24/7 and not have to worry about the bank being closed, my account getting shut down or suspended, or get charged up the ass for transferring money.

Inflation of a government's currency is another good reason for a cryptocurrency. That USD you have in your bank account is worth less and less as time goes on. In some countries, inflation can really fuck you over, like I believe in Venezuela. When a government can just print more money and make your money worth less, well, that's not particularly a good thing.

Right now, yes, it's complicated, but it's still relatively new. In the future, you'll see it gets easier and easier to use. I'm not super familiar with the early days of the Internet, but I believe many people were wondering why they'd ever use it, what is it, and why is it so hard to do. Then came along AOL which connected millions to the Internet and made it easy to get an e-mail address.

I don't know if this is all going to happen relatively soon, within the next several years, or if it's going to be well into my lifetime or afterwards. I think a catalyst is going to be that basically the economy goes down the drain, shit hits the fan, and all that, before we see a mass migration to cryptos (if it happens).....an "uprising", if you will. But for now, I'm just fine treating it like an investment, although I think it'll become much more than that down the road.

Comments

big dick: Well said.

Load Metric
    great story, nerd.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    People can keep saying Bitcoin is not the future ( I'm not saying it is) but fact of the matter is most of the predictions of demise in this thread have not been close

So if and when they do go donkdown only Sonatine is allowed to claim victory IMO.

I disagree. You can't cry wolf 1000 times and then take credit for it once the wolf shows up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

I disagree. You can't cry wolf 1000 times and then take credit for it once the wolf shows up.
    Ah, but there is a wolf. The wolf has graciously elected to allow everyone to graze in the meadow and get fat. But the wolf is there.

There was no true price discovery. You couldn’t short. The market was thin and controlled by a few. Some crooked exchanges trading their own account and printing fake tape. This provided the early ingredients for a bubble fueled by a swell libertarian narrative and some fun maths.

Meanwhile, no one ever used it as a currency.

There are 1000’s of coins and they are all gonna do just fine, right?

Crypto prices being wronger longer doesn’t make Sonatine’s core argument incorrect. It just changes the date of the last post in this thread.

Favorite thread here. We should all thank him.

Comments

Sheesfaced:

gimmick:

Load Metric
    Remember the Aspegers guy in The Big Short?

Kid was retarded enough to read endless prospectuses and market data when no one else would or had the facility to understand.

His hedge fund investors hated him too.

Someday we are going to witness one of the largest transfers of wealth in history. Koreans will be back on the rice diet 3x a day.

The Asbergers guy felt bad about the way he became wealthy. He warned and he warned and no one listened.

Sonatine won’t be similarly troubled.

Comments

The_Lurker: over their heads rep

Load Metric
    It's just fools gold people, it's digital alchemy, but if there is a market for it why not try and profit, after all most of this shit is just laundered drug money.

As far as wealth transfers go, thanks to President Trump, that's donkdown for now.........
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Gold
    Load Metric

Even if BTC goes donkdown, it went from 200->20k during this thread? (Actually I haven't checked the date, just recalling BTC convos on here) .. even now, you can cash out at 70x returns.

No way any sort of sane person with a normal amount of pride would sincerely claim victory in such a situation.

Everything fails at some point. Everything.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Kid was retarded enough to read endless prospectuses and market data when no one else would or had the facility to understand.

Someday we are going to witness one of the largest transfers of wealth in history. Koreans will be back on the rice diet 3x a day.

The Asbergers guy felt bad about the way he became wealthy. He warned and he warned and no one listened.

Which wealth transfer are you referencing

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Why am I not surprised that the "tardtwins" didn't get this.
    Last edited by The_Lurker; 01-13-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Perhaps "need" wasn't the best word. More like "good benefits" or something like that.

They make the transfer of money much easier, quicker, and cheaper. Your money doesn't sit in a bank where you're at their mercy if you do stuff that's legal that they don't like (ie: lots of cash transactions even though you're in a cash business). Fraud and stealing someone's money is much harder with cryptos due to the way transfers are done. With credit cards, you give the receiver your CC information and they charge you whatever they want, they can overcharge you if they want, or a rogue employee can copy the information and use it later. With cryptos, they give you their information, and you send the amount to them...but knowing their information (public key) doesn't allow you to steal their money.

Cryptos are using blockchain technology and you see all the time companies are moving towards blockchain technology. The database is no longer centralized, where everything is in one location (although it'd usually be backed up and held in more than one location). With a decentralized database, the data is stored over hundreds or thousands of machines, making it practically impossible to hack (in this case, modify) data, since you'd have to hack a majority of those nodes, not just a few.

I'd rather have my money directly accessible 24/7 and not have to worry about the bank being closed, my account getting shut down or suspended, or get charged up the ass for transferring money.

Inflation of a government's currency is another good reason for a cryptocurrency. That USD you have in your bank account is worth less and less as time goes on. In some countries, inflation can really fuck you over, like I believe in Venezuela. When a government can just print more money and make your money worth less, well, that's not particularly a good thing.

Right now, yes, it's complicated, but it's still relatively new. In the future, you'll see it gets easier and easier to use. I'm not super familiar with the early days of the Internet, but I believe many people were wondering why they'd ever use it, what is it, and why is it so hard to do. Then came along AOL which connected millions to the Internet and made it easy to get an e-mail address.

I don't know if this is all going to happen relatively soon, within the next several years, or if it's going to be well into my lifetime or afterwards. I think a catalyst is going to be that basically the economy goes down the drain, shit hits the fan, and all that, before we see a mass migration to cryptos (if it happens).....an "uprising", if you will. But for now, I'm just fine treating it like an investment, although I think it'll become much more than that down the road.
    I have never had a problem paying for something. Sometimes I've had trouble having enough money to buy what I want, but never have I had issues deciding on the many choices I already have. If I forget to grab enough cash I can always hit a free ATM machine, or pay with my Visa debit card and incur zero fees, I can also do an EFTPOS (electronic funds transfer at point of sale) or swipe my phone even, and if I'm really stuck for choices I can write a cheque. Or the dreaded CC and absorb some fees, which I never do being a cheapskate.
    I'd be MUCH more concerned with someone hacking my crypto coins then the bank having to eat any fraudulent charges. And if I have to lock them away in cold storage it kinda defeats your argument that the funds are always accessible.

Yeah that blockchain technology very well could be incorporated into our lives, but not in the current manner it's being used.

Banks are never closed, I turn on my phone and I can transfer up to $100,000 per day 24/7... furthermore many of these transactions are instantaneous if it's to the same institution, and usually free. To another bank it might take 24hrs, but usually free. Then of course we have ATM's if you really need cash.
    I've never had a bank account closed or shutdown. The closest I've come to having a bank account closed is from receiving money from Coinjar when I sold some BTC recently.

Well I sincerely hope you are wrong, an uprising and mass migration to cryptos will suck. Too many coins in the hands of just a few, and this wealth was not really earned or deserved.
    But on the other hand, I wouldn't mind if people stood up to the governments and the 1% that rule us.

Good luck with your six figures, greed is good.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

Even if BTC goes donkdown, it went from 200->20k during this thread? (Actually I haven't checked the date, just recalling BTC convos on here) .. even now, you can cash out at 70x returns.

No way any sort of sane person with a normal amount of pride would sincerely claim victory in such a situation.

Everything fails at some point. Everything.
    You make a very good point

Thread Information