Page 237 of 419 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 8362

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Like, pretty much every significant mind and soul from the 60s and 70s sat across from him and just fuckin riffed.

Fucking love me some Cavette.

Comments

Sanlmar: We will discuss camping and mosquitoes tomorrow.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-u...-idUSKBN1F001Q

US senate scheduled to go utterly ham on btc next month.

Enjoy those capital gains taxes.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    I don't think the Koreans are going to ban Bitcoin trading. They want to ban anonymous trading accounts which are available on a lot of exchanges.

Comments

sonatine: yeah this seems more accurate

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Sadly, you have 0 capital gains when it comes to crypto. Might explain why you are so bitter.

Load Metric
    also not sure you understand what 'bitter' means, but im sure youre totally not emotionally wrecked by your beanie babies deflating so i cant imagine what your excuse is.

oh and WORLDSTAR

Comments

Krypt: WORLDSTAR

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bitcoin seems to bounce back every time it dips in to the 11-13k range. Then it moves back up to over 17k, then it falls again, and this pattern keeps continuing.

At some point it is going to break out and either breach 20k (with something over 20k becoming the new normal), or we will see a spectacular crash and a lot of people are going to be very upset.

Bitcoin itself does not have a long term future. It is no longer practical for making purchases (except for large ones, but those are uncommon online), so right now it's just something you collect and hope appreciates.

Cryptocurrency may have a real future, but it won't be bitcoin. As I've said before, if you don't have an exit strategy, you will get crushed.

With that said, there may be some money to be made by buying it when it appears to be rising again from one of these 11-13k lows, and then selling when it breaks 16.

But one of these times, that trick isn't going to work.

Load Metric
    great analysis druff

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    great analysis druff
    lol

Load Metric
    oh, you know, just the oracle of omaha

But I know this: If I could buy a five year put on every one of the cryptocurrencies, I’d be glad to do it but I would never short a dime’s worth.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Bitcoin seems to bounce back every time it dips in to the 11-13k range. Then it moves back up to over 17k, then it falls again, and this pattern keeps continuing.

At some point it is going to break out and either breach 20k (with something over 20k becoming the new normal), or we will see a spectacular crash and a lot of people are going to be very upset.

Bitcoin itself does not have a long term future. It is no longer practical for making purchases (except for large ones, but those are uncommon online), so right now it's just something you collect and hope appreciates.

Cryptocurrency may have a real future, but it won't be bitcoin. As I've said before, if you don't have an exit strategy, you will get crushed.

With that said, there may be some money to be made by buying it when it appears to be rising again from one of these 11-13k lows, and then selling when it breaks 16.

We are taught that if a stock or commodity consolidates in an uptrend (of course we are on the daily and weekly) then the odds are it will continue the trend.

You describe a channel (trading range) too. Often, that range continues to get narrower and narrower (forms a flag or pennant - like your worthless Dodger division pennants) and it breaks out one way or another.

Again, if the overall trend is up then odds are it will break to the upside.

Of course, this market ain’t real but reading tea leaves is fun.

Load Metric
    The market is so fake that I can sell and have the money in my back account in 2 days.
    Easy with the passive aggressive insults please if you have a problem with me or what I say then say it don't pussy foot around like a pussy

Gold
    Load Metric
    also not sure you understand what 'bitter' means, but im sure youre totally not emotionally wrecked by your beanie babies deflating so i cant imagine what your excuse is.

oh and WORLDSTAR

You actually saved me a ton with your $60,000 BTC call. Don't care if the digital beanie babies go to $0. I pocketed enough to make rich Jew Druff jealous.

Comments

sonatine: honestly, mazeltov.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    The market is so fake that I can sell and have the money in my back account in 2 days.
    Easy with the passive aggressive insults please if you have a problem with me or what I say then say it don't pussy foot around like a pussy
    If you mean me, it’s all love and a random green rep to counter OSA. Too much history bd.

If I tweaked you I didn’t intend to. I got a bad attitude but I’m not a particularly funny guy though I try

Load Metric
    Np I just took a few things you said the wrong way I guess I apologize

Load Metric

Rather pay Capital Gains taxes then ordinary income tax on gains as regular income.. Difference is huge between the two..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

We are taught that if a stock or commodity consolidates in an uptrend (of course we are on the daily and weekly) then the odds are it will continue the trend.

You describe a channel (trading range) too. Often, that range continues to get narrower and narrower (forms a flag or pennant - like your worthless Dodger division pennants) and it breaks out one way or another.

This last big run-up displays classic head and shoulders.
    Many folks that know a lot more then me say this is perhaps the strongest indicator of predicting the future. So according to the charts we should see downward pressure.

Of course being BTC it's hard to look at this with any confidence.
    I think the danger signs right now are if we see another big run-up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Bitcoin itself does not have a long term future.

It is no longer practical for making purchases (except for large ones, but those are uncommon online), so right now it's just something you collect and hope appreciates.

How would you define long term?

As far as it being something you collect and hope appreciates could that not be considered digital gold?

Lightning network could help alleviate a lot of the issues that are currently giving bitcoin a black eye.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Bitcoin itself does not have a long term future.

It is no longer practical for making purchases (except for large ones, but those are uncommon online), so right now it's just something you collect and hope appreciates.

How would you define long term?

As far as it being something you collect and hope appreciates could that not be considered digital gold?

Lightning network could help alleviate a lot of the issues that are currently giving bitcoin a black eye.
    Not sure is so practical for large purchases given the huge price swings. Buy enough bitcoin or the purchase, goes down 10-20% in a few days, can't complete purchase.

Load Metric
    not to mention its donkdown, lets keep that on the radar.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

If people don't have an exit strategy, they will always think the next huge gain is around the corner, and they should never sell.

After a crash, they will think a recovery is around the corner, and never sell.

This would be fine if bitcoin had a decent chance of always holding value, such as real estate. Even when real estate values crash, there's always a stopping point, and a recovery always occurs. For example, even after the devastating 2008 crashes, many areas are almost back up to the pre-2008 property values.

Bitcoin will eventually be worth very little. May take awhile for this to happen, but it will.

I don't fault the bitcoin investor who feels he can make money from it at the moment, but anyone planning a long-term or indefinite hold is going to be in for a shock.

I personally know some bitcoin millionaires -- poker players who were busto, ran up some bitcoin gambling, held it, and now are worth $2-7 million. Those are nice stories, but unfortunately these people are also diehard bitcoin believers, and thus will never sell. Their blind allegiance will result in only one ending.

Thread Information