Page 222 of 418 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 8358

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

The Jews on Wall Street didn't make their money yet. They tanked Bitcoin and now are loading up on the futures and making their bets. And yes the guy who placed the bet is a Jew. There is still one more monster surge left in this sector. You need everyone and their mother long before it finally pops.
    not arguing with any of your points...having been on an options desk before that's just an assload of fucking premium to be outlaying on a severely deep OOM call option...

EDIT: you see that article OSA posted about goldman getting into shit...you know they're pissed about not getting into this shit from the get go...
    Here is the guy's twitter feed, the dude that placed the bet:
    https://twitter.com/AriDavidPaul

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

not arguing with any of your points...having been on an options desk before that's just an assload of fucking premium to be outlaying on a severely deep OOM call option...

EDIT: you see that article OSA posted about goldman getting into shit...you know they're pissed about not getting into this shit from the get go...
    Here is the guy's twitter feed, the dude that placed the bet:
    https://twitter.com/AriDavidPaul
    any idea how big of a fund this guy is running? that obviously makes a huge difference in analyzing this trade...if this guy is only running with $25-50M he's pretty fucking confident in this trade to put $1M naked on this...don't know how much BTC would have to go over $50K for him to be breakeven on this trade, but would figure it's a pretty decent amount...

this actually seems to be more of a marketing ploy than anything...million bucks for this to be spread on ZH/Bloomberg/etc, whetting the appetites of investors that want to get in on this madness...the guy I worked for was a terrible fucking trader, he'd buy options out the ass and buy a decent number of deep out of the moneys (OOM)...any options trader that does shit like this a lot ends up getting eaten the fuck up because the decay just kills them...and we're talking about a bet on BTC going up 200+% in a year...

and another thing that's obviously strange about this trade is that he is the market for these call options...so let's say that BTC rallies to $40K in the next 6 months...those options may actually gain in value to be worth like $1.2-1.3M, which would be a good return on that trade...but he can't really offload these options to anybody because this seems like the two parties went to an exchange to facilitate this trade and there isn't actually a market on them where people can buy/sell these options...so this guy is basically stuck with DEC '18 BTC $50K call options...
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 12-22-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Load Metric
    is anyone actually taking any of these "crypto" hedge funds seriously? These guys are small time dorks that will be crushed by ren tech

Load Metric
    the thing that i find most telling is that the only explanation anyone can put together for what happened is 'oh tax time etc' like everyone at The Big Bitcoin Owners Meeting agreed that starting on the evening of the 21st they would all cash out whatever they needed to cover gifts and tax and shit.

no; someone cashed out their holdings or at least a good size chunk and it straight wrecked the crypto market.

thats all it took.

Comments

Krypt: :this
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    is anyone actually taking any of these "crypto" hedge funds seriously? These guys are small time dorks that will be crushed by ren tech
    I mean I'm sure there are a lot of rich guys who are pissed off they missed the boat and are trying to make up for lost time on this stuff...just look at goldman getting into this shit now..

Bronze
    Load Metric
    The scary part about big hedge funds getting into the space is that they could crush it within a week if that's their goal.

i don't think that is the goal in the short term though. There are so many novice players in the space they can play this like a fiddle and make tons of money both ways.

Why would they completely crush it asap? It would make no sense. Their goal is to make the most money possible and keeping it alive is in their best interest.

They aren't gonna turn down easy money. BTC (and crypto in general) will be a piggy bank for them as they will have complete control over the price.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BITCOINS are GOD

see you bitches @ 50k

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    BITCOINS are GOD

see you bitches @ 5k

Fyp
    :freelewfather

Load Metric

Hands-on: MobileMiner – how to mine cryptocurrency on an iPhone [Video]
    https://9to5mac.com/2017/12/21/hands...-iphone-video/

WOW...you could make up to $12 a month (not including electricity costs)

Comments

MumblesBadly: Cha-ching!!! 'Cause while over the road, I never have to pay for electricity to charge my iPhone!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here comes another crash... the third of its kind in the past week.

Hit a high of mid-15000s on yesterday's recovery.

Now it's crashing again, and currently sits at 128xx.

Load Metric
    you know the only currency that doesnt go out of style todge

CUSTOM VIDEOS

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    you know the only currency that doesnt go out of style todge

CUSTOM VIDEOS

The kid is sitting on a gold mine, and he can't even see it.

Load Metric
    todge even ur shittiest posters know LETS GET TO WORK

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    todge even ur shittiest posters know LETS GET TO WORK

WOW, the simple fact that you are finally able to admit this to yourself makes me feel all warm, fuzzy and Christmasy inside.

Load Metric
    todge please ignore this woman who just posted that

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Don't ignore it Todd. "Christmassy" is blatant antisemitic hate speech.

Load Metric
    lol todge enjoy this

Load Metric
    Who else has heard how the Winklevoss twins are protecting their bitcoin holdings from being hacked?

The Winklevoss twins cut up the key to their $1.3 billion bitcoin fortune and keep each piece in different bank vaults
    http://www.businessinsider.com/winkl...ortune-2017-12

Here's how The Times explains it:

"The Winklevosses came up with an elaborate system to store and secure their own private keys. They cut up printouts of their private keys into pieces and then distributed them in envelopes to safe deposit boxes around the country, so if one envelope were stolen the thief would not have the entire key."
    And if so, what risks do you see in this security measure?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Who else has heard how the Winklevoss twins are protecting their bitcoin holdings from being hacked?

The Winklevoss twins cut up the key to their $1.3 billion bitcoin fortune and keep each piece in different bank vaults
    http://www.businessinsider.com/winkl...ortune-2017-12

Here's how The Times explains it:

"The Winklevosses came up with an elaborate system to store and secure their own private keys. They cut up printouts of their private keys into pieces and then distributed them in envelopes to safe deposit boxes around the country, so if one envelope were stolen the thief would not have the entire key."
    And if so, what risks do you see in this security measure?
    What they did is take 3 copies of each half of the private key, and then put them in 6 different locations.

It is fairly safe because if any one of the 6 is compromised, then it is worthless without the other half. Kinda like McDonalds monopoly.

Because there are multiple copies of each half, if one is lost or stolen then the key can be constructed from the remaining copies.

If you're not planning on touching your coin for years, it isn't a bad approach, although they would be better served using offline hardware wallets.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Thanks for the details. That does sound pretty safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Israel's markets regulator said on Monday he will propose regulation to ban companies based on bitcoin and other digital currencies from trading on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE).

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information