Page 217 of 419 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 8375

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoStar View Post
    Sell half so you don't get fucked on the short term and take advantage of the recent surge for some short term gains.

Sit that money out and monitor the performance through the rest of the month. Sell half of the remaining half if it dips below where you bought it. Put the money you took out and hold it for a reinvestment (probably in another up-and-comer like Etherum, or disperse amongst various alts to lessen your risk).
    Bitcoin is a religion, nobody sells. LTC is going to $1000 and Ethereum to $2500.
    Funny. I read that its gonna top at like 410 and then crash

Load Metric
    https://www.tripwire.com/state-of-se...ond-hack-year/

another bitcoin exchange just folded because it got 'hacked'.

im sure its just a big misunderstanding tho and all the customers got their bitcoins refunded.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    These fees the past few weeks are robbery.

Name:  wtfbtc.PNG
Views: 380
Size:  15.1 KB

Load Metric
    cofounder of bitcoin.com just dumped his holdings.

all of them.

Oldenburg says that people don’t understand the risk associated with the coins as they only own them and have not sold or traded with them. “As soon as people realize that this is how it works, they will start to sell. The old bitcoin network is as good as unusable.”

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

all of them.

Oldenburg says that people don’t understand the risk associated with the coins as they only own them and have not sold or traded with them. “As soon as people realize that this is how it works, they will start to sell. The old bitcoin network is as good as unusable.”
    Article says he dumped all of his BTC for BCH. Part of the pump n dump with coinbase, not a coincidence.

Banned
    Load Metric

all of them.

I don't know anything about Oldenburg, but his co-founder is Roger Ver, a BCH evangelist who hates Bitcoin as much as you do. Last week on a podcast I saw him get deeply offended at the term "BCash", likening it to a racial slur. lol

So I'd take anything he says with the caveat that he's probably suuuuper biased. Apparently tribalism runs deep among the fanatics of various shitcoins, BTC included.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    For those of you tired of getting raped by bitcoin transaction fees, here are some tips:

1) On Blockchain.info, click "Customize Fee" and cut the number to about half. The transaction might be slower, but it will cost you substantially less. In addition, sending the BTC to a place like Bovada, it will still typically be approved quickly, as Bovada usually gives trusted users "credit" for the bitcoin deposit long before the transaction fully completes.

2) Try sending late at night or very early morning, as I've noticed there are far fewer transactions at that time, leading to lower fees

Load Metric
    insider trading alert. Thoughts something funny was going on yesterday when I was the BCH rise and looks like I was right. Listed on Coinbase

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoStar View Post
    Sell half so you don't get fucked on the short term and take advantage of the recent surge for some short term gains.

Sit that money out and monitor the performance through the rest of the month. Sell half of the remaining half if it dips below where you bought it. Put the money you took out and hold it for a reinvestment (probably in another up-and-comer like Etherum, or disperse amongst various alts to lessen your risk).
    Bitcoin is a religion, nobody sells. LTC is going to $1000 and Ethereum to $2500.
    I sold some at 5k years ago. I sold some at the beginning of 2017. I just sold some last week.

I have some in cold storage that I won't touch. I guess you could call that the religion section.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    My friend would like to know if you could send him the contact info of the guy you sold bitcoin to at 5K years ago. If you could just send it to me I will get it over to him. He says if things pan out he will throw you something.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I refuse to believe they are just going to let every Tard Dick and Harry become a zillionaire. Bitcoin almost has to just free fall to like 100 after Christmas. The only other option would be the dollar free-falling and bitcoin basically becoming the Amero. lulz Amero. Doesn't something have to give? My guess would be it crashes right after I hit a 10 team parlay and I'm left holding the bag.

Gold
    Load Metric

all of them.

Litecoin founder unloaded his coins.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    insider trading alert. Thoughts something funny was going on yesterday when I was the BCH rise and looks like I was right. Listed on Coinbase

holy shit.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42425857

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

all of them.

I don't know anything about Oldenburg, but his co-founder is Roger Ver, a BCH evangelist who hates Bitcoin as much as you do. Last week on a podcast I saw him get deeply offended at the term "BCash", likening it to a racial slur. lol

So I'd take anything he says with the caveat that he's probably suuuuper biased. Apparently tribalism runs deep among the fanatics of various shitcoins, BTC included.
    Ya he is smart but he is certifiably crazy and he scares me a bit with the bitcoin cash thing. He has been promoting the shit out of it and he will be all over tv promoting it again today.

He predicts within 6 months Bitcoin Cash will be the top coin

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I refuse to believe they are just going to let every Tard Dick and Harry become a zillionaire. Bitcoin almost has to just free fall to like 100 after Christmas. The only other option would be the dollar free-falling and bitcoin basically becoming the Amero. lulz Amero. Doesn't something have to give? My guess would be it crashes right after I hit a 10 team parlay and I'm left holding the bag.
    Do you play on nitrogen?

Load Metric
    I refuse to believe they are just going to let every Tard Dick and Harry become a zillionaire.

I dont understand how you can spend this much time in this thread and still not understand that this isnt some illuminati conspiracy, its just math.

In order to become rich, you need to cash out your BTC.

Unless the 'downstream' adopters continue to buy, which clearly they wont because there are a finite number of morans with a finite amount of money to be separated from, there is a guaranteed deflation of price in proportion to the volume sold.

Simply put; if there is a 'run' on btc exchanges, the first thing that will happen is they will run out of cash reserves within hours. The 2nd thing that will happen is people start undercutting each other for sell prices in a desperate attempt to jump off a sinking ship, which will only finish what the molten, smoldering exchanges started.

Load Metric
    I refuse to believe they are just going to let every Tard Dick and Harry become a zillionaire.

I dont understand how you can spend this much time in this thread and still not understand that this isnt some illuminati conspiracy, its just math.

Unless the 'downstream' adopters continue to buy, which clearly they wont because there are a finite number of morans with a finite amount of money to be separated from, there is a guaranteed deflation of price in proportion to the volume sold.

Simply put; if there is a 'run' on btc exchanges, the first thing that will happen is they will run out of cash reserves within hours. The 2nd thing that will happen is people start undercutting each other for sell prices in a desperate attempt to jump off a sinking ship, which will only finish what the molten, smoldering exchanges started.
    I agree this is what could happen.

But remember bitcoins are limited in supply. There is a finite number of bitcoins and a large number of people hoarding, plus throw in lost bitcoins, etc.

I feel like the nail in the coffin will be government interference or an alternative coin that is government backed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

But remember bitcoins are limited in supply. There is a finite number of bitcoins and a large number of people hoarding, plus throw in lost bitcoins, etc.

I feel like the nail in the coffin will be government interference or an alternative coin that is government backed.
    nobody will want that coin

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

They will if you can pay taxes with it.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

They will if you can pay taxes with it.
    And if it is accepted at banks.

Thread Information