Page 213 of 420 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 8381

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian Bob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

youre talking about being able to liquidate 10K BTC...you can, but the market isn't deep enough to do it at current prices so you're gonna have to go way down the bids to find enough volume to fill...there is definitely a way to fill a 10K BTC order if you want actual cash, but just don't expect to do it at quote or anywhere near it...

and I get your point...no you cant liquidate an order that big at current market prices...
    Right, so we agree its NOT a currency. It's a loss producing asset. In that you cannot buy anything with it (say a BMW), and when you try to sell it at current prices there is a chance it diminishes its value before you can close on it.

I hate to say it, but this is online poker. You deposit, and hope you win, and more than hope you get your money off the site into your bank account if you do win. How crazy. This is probably why Micon was so drawn to it, he understands the massive risk and downside.

When you think about it, Druff could probably start an exchange on this site. Not poker related, just exchanges, which to my knowledge are legal.

Any chance Micon owns more money in bitcoin that anyone on this site owns in a bank?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian Bob View Post

youre talking about being able to liquidate 10K BTC...you can, but the market isn't deep enough to do it at current prices so you're gonna have to go way down the bids to find enough volume to fill...there is definitely a way to fill a 10K BTC order if you want actual cash, but just don't expect to do it at quote or anywhere near it...

and I get your point...no you cant liquidate an order that big at current market prices...
    Right, so we agree its NOT a currency. It's a loss producing asset. In that you cannot buy anything with it (say a BMW), and when you try to sell it at current prices there is a chance it diminishes its value before you can close on it.

I hate to say it, but this is online poker. You deposit, and hope you win, and more than hope you get your money off the site into your bank account if you do win. How crazy. This is probably why Micon was so drawn to it, he understands the massive risk and downside.

When you think about it, Druff could probably start an exchange on this site. Not poker related, just exchanges, which to my knowledge are legal.
    I wouldn't characterize it as a loss producing asset...sure there are people who have cashed out actual USD for these...BTC isn't any more of a loss producing asset than shares of pets.com, theglobe.com were back in the day...

this is definitely a currency...not a widely accepted one, but you can actually transact goods/services with BTC which I believe would fit the definition of a currency...but again it's splitting hairs...

the vast majority of people on PFA who have BTC/LTC/ETH etc are going to be able to transact their stash at prices relatively close to market prices...as long as you keep your holdings at a small % of the float you can make a pretty good buck with this shit because you wont be subject to slippage when liquidating...just like any market, you run the risk of getting it shoved up your ass if you get to be the market...

Load Metric
    nicehash hackers just moved 20m out of their wallet

https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/ad...h6H4t6jh1mB4rq
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    It's not a currency. Nobody is using it as such, outside a couple retailers wanting publicity. The float is way too small to be a currency. The mathematics deny that fact. A reputable currency cannot fluctuate by 20% in a given day, nor can its float be 11M units held by 40% in Asia.

You are just wrong on this. But I am tired and can't argue on this any longer.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

you know if that's a lump sum transaction at that price or the average price of transaction?

Comments

sonatine: honestly no idea

Load Metric
    It will certainly be interesting to see whether these cryptoassets are truly uncorrelated to the broader equity market. I think the best that BTC/Ether etc. could hope for would be carving out a niche as an uncorrelated hedging instrument.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    It will certainly be interesting to see whether these cryptoassets are truly uncorrelated to the broader equity market. I think the best that BTC/Ether etc. could hope for would be carving out a niche as an uncorrelated hedging instrument.
    Janet Yellen (FED CHAIR) today said without hesitation, called Bitcoin a risky asset and dismissed it. There were a few questions on it today for her and she did not seem remotely interested, other than saying it was a risky asset with no impact on the broad economy. By questions #4 in the press conference she seem annoyed and wanted to get back to interest rates, but you know reporters.

Gold
    Load Metric
    When Crypto's go donkdown, so will the stock market.

Gold
    Load Metric

you know if that's a lump sum transaction at that price or the average price of transaction?
    Punch in the bitcoin address into blockchain and you can see some of the transfers. $80 mining fee to move 614 BTC. Pretty cheap.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Thanks For The Info Rep

Load Metric
    Forgive me for I am a bit zooted here sucking my pen, but just came across this quote as I was reading the ol WSJ and it's sort of tripping me out

“In light of elevated asset valuations and low financial market volatility, several participants expressed concerns about a potential buildup of financial imbalances,” further “They worried that a sharp reversal in asset prices could have damaging effects on the economy.” Jerome Powell, in prepared remarks to Congress stated: “(the Fed) will respond with force to threats to the nation’s stability.”

Load Metric
    “(the Fed) will respond with force to threats to the nation’s stability.”

GANG SHIT

Comments

Krypt:

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    XRP has almost doubled since I bought it.

Get on that ripple nipple, son.

Comments

OSA: lol .68 cents

Load Metric
    But what is the real reason for the XRP explosion? Didn't an identical pump and dump happen with Ripple just a few months ago? I want to believe in Ripple, but I don't know.

Can anyone here give an educated guess on which coin is most likely to be added to Coinbase? Apparently there are a few coming soon, and obviously it's a gold mine for whichever does. Bitcoin Cash being added probably shoots it to the fucking moon.

What are the must holds besides the three on coinbase that are unlikely to be listed there? Vertcoin, Ripple, Stellar, what else?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    But what is the real reason for the XRP explosion? Didn't an identical pump and dump happen with Ripple just a few months ago? I want to believe in Ripple, but I don't know.

Can anyone here give an educated guess on which coin is most likely to be added to Coinbase? Apparently there are a few coming soon, and obviously it's a gold mine for whichever does. Bitcoin Cash being added probably shoots it to the fucking moon.

What are the must holds besides the three on coinbase that are unlikely to be listed there? Vertcoin, Ripple, Stellar, what else?
    I don't understand any of this.

I just bought ripple cause I like the name.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

Load Metric
    Name:  rich_banker_cigar.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  52.4 KB

Load Metric

I'm still patiently waiting for that LobsterMac&CheeseCoin to come out.

Stop teasing us & get with it.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

Fair.

Likewise my Tittiecoin is through the roof.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tittiecoin/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    PLOL when are you coming out with twinkcoin?

Load Metric
    taintcoin gonna spread like wild fire.

Thread Information