Page 207 of 419 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 8362

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

its the people's stockmarket; its a make believe commodity for all the wanna be gordon gecko's.

and if we've learned anything from anything, its that people are real stupid for the most part.
    Lot of poor people, especially the blacks, are big time into Bitcoin. They are treating it like a 401k or retirement fund.
    They are also getting sucked into those ponzi sites that promise 10% returns monthly. Sadly, the poor folks are going to get fucked again.

Load Metric
    if it helps my gf has a best friend named monzi and i look her in the eye and im like really
    MONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNZI REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAALLLY THOUGH and she gets it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    So I'm still kind of blown away from learning yesterday that every BTC transaction costs around $20 and bidding $5 will get you lost in limbo forever. Is that correct? If so, that's insane. For some reason I thought transactions cost like 6 cents. Did they ever cost 6 cents? Is there any serious prospects or plan to drop that by like 95%? Because if transactions cost more than a dollar, it's pretty much useless for the vast majority of white market businesses. Has this been a major point of discussion in the bitcoin community? I thought that half of the point of BTC was to not give Jew Bankers 30 cents per credit card transaction. How is giving many times that much to the Chinese mafia better?

Assuming that bitcoin's transaction fees stay above $1, it's just not a real currency. And if it's not a real currency, then it has to be digital beanie babies. Where the hell is all of this new demand coming from that's pushing the price up?
    It's being viewed more as a store of value now ( think digital gold) than a "currency"

The money is coming from everyone on the planet and institutions. Bitcoin is the hottest thing right now

THis is supposed to be a helper in order to make transactions cheaper and faster

https://www.investopedia.com/news/bi...-game-changer/
    The Lightning Network’s innovation lies in postponing transaction validation, which typically occurs in real-time, by taking it offline. “If only two parties care about a transaction, it is not necessary for all other nodes in the bitcoin network to know about the transaction,” wrote the authors of a whitepaper introducing the Lightning Network concept.
    That feels sketchy as fuck. It mentions a pre-determined time out which would nullify the transaction. Are they talking 10 seconds or 2 days? If they want to compete with Visa in the retail space, I would think that it needs to be like 10 seconds. A store owner isn't going to let you walk out with, or eat, something that you haven't finalized payment on. And I just don't grasp how they could offer 10 second transactions at a tiny fraction of the current price if the space available is still the same.

Load Metric
    dwayne two fingers to joey mac, semi finger to ryan and san francisco bridge circa 87

Load Metric

Lot of poor people, especially the blacks, are big time into Bitcoin. They are treating it like a 401k or retirement fund.
    They are also getting sucked into those ponzi sites that promise 10% returns monthly. Sadly, the poor folks are going to get fucked again.

we are all going to get fucked, because once this goes nuclear and these people start writing their congressmen from homeless shelters, the regulatory response will be asymmetrical and highly aggressive.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    literally disregard everything this fat nerd just said

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's being viewed more as a store of value now ( think digital gold) than a "currency"

The money is coming from everyone on the planet and institutions. Bitcoin is the hottest thing right now

THis is supposed to be a helper in order to make transactions cheaper and faster

Do you have an exit strategy? A price in mind?
    No exit strategy yet. But tbh I don't think we have scratched the surface yet. I'm not getting out for a while I don't think unless I have to for some reason.

If that means I get stuck and they go to 0 then so be it. But I am confident even if they "crash" they wont go to 0 and will still have value

However if I was holding a shitload of coins I would be cashing a small % of those out right now

Load Metric

No exit strategy yet. But tbh I don't think we have scratched the surface yet. I'm not getting out for a while I don't think unless I have to for some reason.

If that means I get stuck and they go to 0 then so be it. But I am confident even if they "crash" they wont go to 0 and will still have value

However if I was holding a shitload of coins I would be cashing a small % of those out right now

this is literally the only way to make money in this shit and i have nothing but respect for people who can hang ten on this wave.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    People are buying BTC on coinbase & kraken and then sending it to sites like binance.com so they can buy swap their BTC for the altcoins. So they are willing to pay any amount to get in front of the line.
    That's super interesting. If someone does that whole process from fiat to altcoin, how many of these transaction fees are paid? 3? 4?

What are the smallest transactions that people have paid $20 to process?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    People are buying BTC on coinbase & kraken and then sending it to sites like binance.com so they can buy swap their BTC for the altcoins. So they are willing to pay any amount to get in front of the line.
    That's super interesting. If someone does that whole process from fiat to altcoin, how many of these transaction fees are paid? 3? 4?

This does not answer your questions but here is a link to the entire crypto market right now https://coinmarketcap.com/

Gold
    Load Metric

The $20 fees are meaningless if you are doing big money. The biggest fee I have ever seen is $30 and it was to send less than $100 worth of BTC. In the old days, I used to pay $135 to buy 100 shares of stock. So the $20 fees are not as crazy if you think about it that way.

Load Metric
    Why is LTC skyrocketing?

Gold
    Load Metric

The time to get out is when you see panic buying like never before. Maybe BTC doubling in a week. Just my guess.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Why is LTC skyrocketing?
    Few reasons

#1 Coinbase offers it. Any coin on coinbase is going to moon. They could put a Druffcoin on there tomorrow and if it is cheap people will buy it

#2. Some people still think you can't buy BTC fractions so they just buy what they can afford (ltc)

#3. Litecoin is a very undervalued underrated coin. I am pretty sure it does everything BTC can do only better, cheaper and faster ( their creator was on cnbc today stating this )

#4. With BTC network clogged right now with fees and slow transaction speeds I guess it makes sense that more people are using LTC

#5. Lot of people are dumping their BTC profits into LTc etc...
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 12-12-2017 at 01:38 AM.

Load Metric
    THE POLISH ASSASSIN JUST BREAKING IT DOWN FOR YALL

Load Metric

The $20 fees are meaningless if you are doing big money. The biggest fee I have ever seen is $30 and it was to send less than $100 worth of BTC. In the old days, I used to pay $135 to buy 100 shares of stock. So the $20 fees are not as crazy if you think about it that way.
    I get that part. I was thinking about the other end of the market. Bitcoin was pitched as this big democratizing thing that would lift up the little guy. But an $80 fee to walk in the door is a major barrier.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

I get that part. I was thinking about the other end of the market. Bitcoin was pitched as this big democratizing thing that would lift up the little guy. But an $80 fee to walk in the door is a major barrier.
    You decide the fee you want to attach. $80 is one extreme, you could send it for $3 - it will just take longer. The good thing is the fee isn't tied to the amount of coin so $80 isn't so terrible when shipping $50k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Gold
    Load Metric

The Lightning Network’s innovation lies in postponing transaction validation, which typically occurs in real-time, by taking it offline. “If only two parties care about a transaction, it is not necessary for all other nodes in the bitcoin network to know about the transaction,” wrote the authors of a whitepaper introducing the Lightning Network concept.
    That feels sketchy as fuck. It mentions a pre-determined time out which would nullify the transaction. Are they talking 10 seconds or 2 days? If they want to compete with Visa in the retail space, I would think that it needs to be like 10 seconds. A store owner isn't going to let you walk out with, or eat, something that you haven't finalized payment on. And I just don't grasp how they could offer 10 second transactions at a tiny fraction of the current price if the space available is still the same.
    My understanding is it brings back trust into the trustless system. Basically things are settled up on sub-networks and people can be stiffed. All those transactions aren't actually put on a blockchain. I really wish I knew more than this, but I've had it personally explained to me by uhh very authoritative people.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Why is LTC skyrocketing?
    Few reasons

#1 Coinbase offers it. Any coin on coinbase is going to moon. They could put a Druffcoin on there tomorrow and if it is cheap people will buy it

#2. Some people still think you can't buy BTC fractions so they just buy what they can afford (ltc)

#3. Litecoin is a very undervalued underrated coin. I am pretty sure it does everything BTC can do only better, cheaper and faster ( their creator was on cnbc today stating this )

#4. With BTC network clogged right now with fees and slow transaction speeds I guess it makes sense that more people are using LTC

#5. Lot of people are dumping their BTC profits into LTc etc...
    3 is bullshit. LTC has no reason to be adopted over BTC. It really just doesn't do enough better than BTC. People hold on to it, lots of vested interest. There is no reason for it to be adopted over BTC outside of speculation. ETH has better chance, as at least you can make all sorts of insane financial instruments on top of it in a trustless manner. (theoretically)

Gold
    Load Metric

It is only pitched as being a democratizing thing because the government has no power over your money. (well, IN THEORY)

This power can be either through seizure/taxationn OR uncontrolled/undetermined inflation.

It was never pitched as a thing to keep fees down. THats why I went with IOTA, as that is what it is actually targeted for .. (and the author had my last job previous to me LOL )

edit - I had same misconception as you did at some point. Seems like great idea for small payments and stuff, but no, the creator of BTC did not have that in mind. It was to take down corruption in government, not help businesses monetize shit. Also, I am talking about Satoshi and those types. All sorts of people have pitched BTC at this point.. I'm sure they've covered a lot of ground, but originally it wasn't about small fees etc.

Thread Information