Page 205 of 418 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 8349

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Sonatine, do you own any bitcoin? Just wondering..
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Gonna shoot a PM to Monsterj for his take. Basically, he trades volatility

I can’t think of the proper words. Kind of historic madness

Load Metric
    @Sanlmar

One thing that baffles me with this futures offering is this... either they don't care or don't know better, haven't decided.

It is known that probably several hundred at most BTC whales have the ability to manipulate up's and down's, accept it, it has been seen many many times, when they dump they dump, when they buy they buy and the entire board is affected. It has also been mentioned and admitted by some of them that they talk, a lot and have for years. This includes not just early adapters/bitcoiners but miners, big one's.

Now maybe I am crazy but as long as the bet in futures is manageable they can 100% manipulate a drop or rise to the tune of at this time say $2k-$4k, now I wonder what type of regulation or watchdog is in place and if the exchanges they chose like kraken Gdax Gemini are what they found to be the least "suspect" and it is why they used them?

At any rate these whales must be lovin futures and I have no doubt we will see laws if even in place, broke.

Comments

Sanlmar: No words needed. You nailed it.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    @Sanlmar

One thing that baffles me with this futures offering is this... either they don't care or don't know better, haven't decided.

It is known that probably several hundred at most BTC whales have the ability to manipulate up's and down's, accept it, it has been seen many many times, when they dump they dump, when they buy they buy and the entire board is affected. It has also been mentioned and admitted by some of them that they talk, a lot and have for years. This includes not just early adapters/bitcoiners but miners, big one's.

Now maybe I am crazy but as long as the bet in futures is manageable they can 100% manipulate a drop or rise to the tune of at this time say $2k-$4k, now I wonder what type of regulation or watchdog is in place and if the exchanges they chose like kraken Gdax Gemini are what they found to be the least "suspect" and it is why they used them?

At any rate these whales must be lovin futures and I have no doubt we will see laws if even in place, broke.
    Why would the futures exchange care? They're just matching buyers with sellers and taking a fee. They won't care if its bitcoins, shitcoins, pork bellies or frozen concentrated orange juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    @Sanlmar

Why would the futures exchange care? They're just matching buyers with sellers and taking a fee. They won't care if its bitcoins, shitcoins, pork bellies or frozen concentrated orange juice.
    No one has to do any due diligence anymore? I thought ignorance was no excuse for breaking or aiding in the breaking of a securities law.

Load Metric
    LiteCoin is on the move today as it’s up 55% for the day as of right now. Last week it was at less than $100/coin, it then booked to $170....I unfortunately bought it at its peak and it fell back to $150ish and stayed there over the weekend. Now it’s around $225/coin. I’m in for the long haul. Currently have 3 coins and may buy more st the beginning of the year.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    just to mess around, i bought 10 litecoins in september for around $60 each and they're now at over $150 on coinbase. went up $28 a coin yesterday

hoping they take off bitcoin style
    Quote Originally Posted by AhoosierA View Post
    LiteCoin is on the move today as it’s up 55% for the day as of right now. Last week it was at less than $100/coin, it then booked to $170....I unfortunately bought it at its peak and it fell back to $150ish and stayed there over the weekend. Now it’s around $225/coin. I’m in for the long haul. Currently have 3 coins and may buy more st the beginning of the year.
    ONE TIME

Comments

AhoosierA: One time!

Load Metric
    We all know a coin just doubling up + in a week is very natural and sustainable I bet it will go much higher and never lose half its value either over the coming week lol

Sell at the top, buy at the dip, live and learn.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

No one has to do any due diligence anymore? I thought ignorance was no excuse for breaking or aiding in the breaking of a securities law.
    Except for the fact that so few individuals account for such a disproportionately large share of the float .....

this is exactly what Trading is all about. You are wagering against an opponent. If the other side has more information or control over the market you walk away or you try to follow him

We don’t need big daddy to watch over the futures. Gamble at your own risk.

Load Metric
    Can anyone explain the crazy rally on litecoin?
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

Let me see they just announced they..... no wait.....uuummm......no. I suspect a huge pump and dump, big one.

Comments

handicapme: thanks for the insight btw

Load Metric

Let me see they just announced they..... no wait.....uuummm......no. I suspect a huge pump and dump, big one.
    Why don't you seeing rallying, cheaper to transact than BTC....
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric

Why don't you seeing rallying, cheaper to transact than BTC....

That was one theory going around, transactions stuck so people switching to LTC to get out of Chinese/Koreans exchanges resulted in buying.
    Last edited by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece; 12-11-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Load Metric

"Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    The rally is driven by retail investors trying to cash in. Reports are people are taking out credit card advances and cashing out on sound investments to get on the crypto train to get rich quick.

The end is near, it might be a month or a year, but when people with no money start borrowing and selling, it's close to the end. A handful of people are going to get very rich, most will lose everything. What was it, 98% of the 1990s dot.coms went out of business?

I am not sounding like a whiner, but like all of us on this site, we had an opportunity to buy bitcoin at like $10. What we fail to accept is just about everyone would have sold like at $100, maybe $200. I get it, there is always an exception that a few held all the way up, but that is not the norm.

The reason I never bought bitcoin is its not a currency. It can't be one because it has no liquidity and is not stable. It's just too small to be a currency with 21M units and its not backed by anything. So now its being touted as an asset, like gold. But gold had tremendous value, its the basis for jewelry worldwide. Like 1B wedding rings. Bitcoin, it just is not a value producing asset, its going the way of the tulip. But it's not to say you can't get lucky and make money while its hot. You can also go broke.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Gold
    Load Metric
    Coinbase users buying the lowest priced coin out of the 3 coins available for purchase.

Comments

DonaldTrumpsHairPiece:

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian Bob View Post
    The rally is driven by retail investors trying to cash in. Reports are people are taking out credit card advances and cashing out on sound investments to get on the crypto train to get rich quick.

The end is near, it might be a month or a year, but when people with no money start borrowing and selling, it's close to the end. A handful of people are going to get very rich, most will lose everything. What was it, 98% of the 1990s dot.coms went out of business?

I am not sounding like a whiner, but like all of us on this site, we had an opportunity to buy bitcoin at like $10. What we fail to accept is just about everyone would have sold like at $100, maybe $200. I get it, there is always an exception that a few held all the way up, but that is not the norm.

The reason I never bought bitcoin is its not a currency. It can't be one because it has no liquidity and is not stable. It's just too small to be a currency with 21M units and its not backed by anything. So now its being touted as an asset, like gold. But gold had tremendous value, its the basis for jewelry worldwide. Like 1B wedding rings. Bitcoin, it just is not a value producing asset, its going the way of the tulip. But it's not to say you can't get lucky and make money while its hot. You can also go broke.
    The folks who got burned by the dot com boom are not participating in this boom. The people who are long crypto are a lot younger. They have never experienced the pain of a huge mania going sour. A ton of money is still left to be made. Most of the money is made in the last 6 months of any mania.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Gonna shoot a PM to Monsterj for his take. Basically, he trades volatility

I can’t think of the proper words. Kind of historic madness
    Ironically, because the volatility is >50%, no market maker will quote options without being tied to vol levels. In other words, I would quote options tied to a specific future price, this means that the delta is tied together to a volatitly level. However, these are volatility levels not seen in any other commodity or equity besides right before "numbers" like employment, crop report, or earnings releases.

Things will probably stabilize significantly when the CME starts clearing futures and options. My firm doesn't trade them, but a lot of the big chicago props do, DRW, for example, has the biggest desk in the world. They are probably the largest bit coin holders in the world. Through the grapevine I heard they have 50K coins on reserve, if not more. The firm owner, Donald Wilson has a 20 million dollar house a few blocks from me. Asshole. Lol.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Coinbase users buying the lowest priced coin out of the 3 coins available for purchase.

Ironic considering they as well are donkdown.

Comments

SysOp: rofl
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Ironic considering they as well are donkdown.

Wait a minute...

So what you're saying is Bitcoin AND Litecoin are donkdown?

Holy shit

Time to bet the farm on Litecoin

Comments

sonatine: Tip your dealer.

Thread Information