Page 202 of 419 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 8362

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This also makes the exchanges a crappy place to buy BTC to gamble with, because you're getting dicked with a pretty steep fee.

I see right now BTC has fallen farther and is about $14.5k. It's going for $15.3k on Gemini right now and $15.4k on Coinbase. That's like a 6-7% markup. Yuck. Might as well just pay the Bovada credit card fee.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This also makes the exchanges a crappy place to buy BTC to gamble with, because you're getting dicked with a pretty steep fee.

I see right now BTC has fallen farther and is about $14.5k. It's going for $15.3k on Gemini right now and $15.4k on Coinbase. That's like a 6-7% markup. Yuck. Might as well just pay the Bovada credit card fee.
    If you have an account / money on coinbase, go to gdax instead and trade there. It's owned by coinbase so your accounts and balances show up there just like coinbase.

You will be able to see the full market depth and because you are trading on the exchange floor the spreads are much narrower.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    FYP

I understand that, but why is the price deflated below everything else I see online regarding the value of BTC at the moment?

So take Gemini. There's a shitload of people on there wanting to buy BTC. None are willing to buy for more than $15k, even when the actual price is $15.4k.

Is there seriously no one who is happy to just get parity (or maybe parity + fees) when they buy?

I'm just surprised there aren't people buying for higher. It also probably doesn't help that Gemini just auto-sets the price at that level unless you manually change it, so some people probably aren't even aware they're bidding so low.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    After hours of youtube videos, I have come to the conclusion that this is all just a JP Morgan patent run amuck........but why haven't they shut this down if it's literally threatening their entire system of fraud.........Oh and coinbase just got a nasty letter from the IRS...
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    And note to the coinbase CEO , when you are trying to pitch bitcoin, spare me the technical vernacular.....
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Gold
    Load Metric

Yes. The offshore sites use the price of bitcoin found on bitstamp, so you pretty much have to wait for the USA exchange premium to disappear if you don't want to get fucked.

Load Metric
    Word on the street is bail out. Heading below 10000

Lots of rumors etc.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

No, it's true value is the price at which a seller and buyer agree to trade.
    I understand that, but why is the price inflated above everything else I see online regarding the value of BTC at the moment?

So take Gemini. There's a shitload of people on there with BTC to sell. None are willing to sell for less than $15.4k, even when the actual price is $15k.

Is there seriously no one who is happy to just get parity (or maybe parity + fees) when they sell?

I'm just surprised there aren't people selling for lower. It also probably doesn't help that Gemini just auto-sets the price at that level unless you manually change it, so some people probably aren't even aware they're selling for a premium.

So it looks like you will get a few % bump if you cash out of a gambling site in BTC, then send it to Gemini/Coinbase, then sell it, right?
    In the stock market, all the brokerages get the price of individual stocks from the same database. So the price of apple stock is the same at E-Trade, Schwab, Fidelity, etc. Unfortunately, no central database exists for Bitcoin. So each exchange is kind of like its own individual stock market. The traders within that exchange set the price.

Try explaining that to a customer who thinks you ripped them off because they paid the coinbase price but their app is showing them the dollar value at bitstamp prices.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Load Metric
    Bloomberg is reporting that the top 1,000 BTC addresses control 40% of the total circulation (approx. 6.4 million BTC out of 16 million already out there)

Top 100 BTC addresses control 17.9%...roughly 2.85 million BTC

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Benford View Post
    Bloomberg is reporting that the top 1,000 BTC addresses control 40% of the total circulation (approx. 6.4 million BTC out of 16 million already out there)

and probably half+ those addresses are quietly owned by elon musk.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric

Fake News. Those addresses belong to the major exchanges that hold customer coins.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Fake News. Those addresses belong to the major exchanges that hold customer coins.

major exchanges owned by elon musk.

who is owned by mossad.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Lots of rumors etc.
    Rumors about Bitfinex and a Ponzi scheme driving up the price.

Problem is it likely is true, but it hasn't slowed down Bitcoin prices before.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTC dipped under 13k for a minute today.

Druff should have put in a lowball offer on one of these exchanges that let you do it and let it wait out.

Load Metric

Lots of rumors etc.
    Rumors about Bitfinex and a Ponzi scheme driving up the price.

Problem is it likely is true, but it hasn't slowed down Bitcoin prices before.

this is the cogest.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Druff should have put in a lowball offer on one of these exchanges that let you do it and let it wait out.
    How does a lowball offer help me?

It's more likely it will auto-accept during a crash and then I'll be stuck with BTC worth a lot less than what I paid.

Yes, if I happen to set it near the bottom before it bounces, I can be okay, but I think the other side is more likely.

Either way, I don't want to buy BTC at 6% more than the market rate at the moment (and the rate I will get paid by gambling sites when I deposit them).

Load Metric
    just to mess around, i bought 10 litecoins in september for around $60 each and they're now at over $150 on coinbase. went up $28 a coin yesterday

hoping they take off bitcoin style

Load Metric
    CNN ran a front page article that bitcoin dropped 2k.... Of course its going to crash it double in price in like 2 weeks.... I hate to say it but mainstream media extremely biased. Until bitcoin is running below 2k it really doesn;t matter. It's still giving amazing long term returns.

This is coming from someone who sees very little value in bitcoin long term as I've explained numerous times. But the media is really terrible when it comes to bitcoin...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    CNN ran a front page article that bitcoin dropped 2k.... Of course its going to crash it double in price in like 2 weeks.... I hate to say it but mainstream media extremely biased. Until bitcoin is running below 2k it really doesn;t matter. It's still giving amazing long term returns.

This is coming from someone who sees very little value in bitcoin long term as I've explained numerous times. But the media is really terrible when it comes to bitcoin...

I doubt any networks want to have to explain how they had no coverage of bitcoin once the suicides begin in earnest. Expecting them to make sense of multi-billion dollar economy based on this is asking a bit much:

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

How does a lowball offer help me?

It's more likely it will auto-accept during a crash and then I'll be stuck with BTC worth a lot less than what I paid.

Yes, if I happen to set it near the bottom before it bounces, I can be okay, but I think the other side is more likely.

Either way, I don't want to buy BTC at 6% more than the market rate at the moment (and the rate I will get paid by gambling sites when I deposit them).
    It is a great time to cash out from these sites because they will send you coins at bitstamp prices and you can dump them on coinbase. Very Jewish friendly. Not so much the other way around.

Thread Information