Page 19 of 419 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    The funny thing is Seals used to give away 5 BTC in the DD freeroll each Wednesday night when it was at $20 to $100 a coin. Once it got a little over $100 they lowered it to I believe a 3 BTC freeroll. I'm not sure what they give away now but it's way less.

It's hilarious when you consider the value of the coins Seals gave away with the current price now which with all due respect when you consider inflation prices that despite the fail of the DD radio show they have given away more money then PFA in freerolls this year no matter what Druff says every week on his show even though I've played in zero point zero of those.

I skimmed a few minutes of the last DD show it's been so long since I listened to that shit but at the end Micon says he's a hoarder and didn't sell a bunch of coins so when people ask him if he's rich he's like fuck yeah I'm rich now. Believe whatever you want I bet he sold some along the way but probably still has lucksacked himself into riches which good for him because he had a better chance with these then making it in tournament poker.
    Exactly, spot fucking on.

He luckboxed his way into huge fucking money it is almost guaranteed.

The lazy degen finally binked one and hit the fucking lottery.

Load Metric
    The funny thing is Seals used to give away 5 BTC in the DD freeroll each Wednesday night when it was at $20 to $100 a coin. Once it got a little over $100 they lowered it to I believe a 3 BTC freeroll. I'm not sure what they give away now but it's way less.

It's hilarious when you consider the value of the coins Seals gave away with the current price now which with all due respect when you consider inflation prices that despite the fail of the DD radio show they have given away more money then PFA in freerolls this year no matter what Druff says every week on his show even though I've played in zero point zero of those.

I skimmed a few minutes of the last DD show it's been so long since I listened to that shit but at the end Micon says he's a hoarder and didn't sell a bunch of coins so when people ask him if he's rich he's like fuck yeah I'm rich now. Believe whatever you want I bet he sold some along the way but probably still has lucksacked himself into riches which good for him because he had a better chance with these then making it in tournament poker.
    He says hes rich, we dont know for sure but we are not seeing anything to indicate this. He is selling 80 pct of himself at the wsop, he is entering 350 tournies at the stratosphere and not the 1500 main, he isnt playing big or medium cash games at aria, he hasnt bought himself a new car or a house. I just dont believe that the same micon who made it rain w/his case funds at the club with justin smith is the savvy btc hoarder who has $1m but lives like a broke vegas burnout. Of course he says hes rich cuz hed look like a fucking moron to say hes not after how long hes been plugging btc as the next great thing.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokehead View Post

He says hes rich, we dont know for sure but we are not seeing anything to indicate this. He is selling 80 pct of himself at the wsop, he is entering 350 tournies at the stratosphere and not the 1500 main, he isnt playing big or medium cash games at aria, he hasnt bought himself a new car or a house. I just dont believe that the same micon who made it rain w/his case funds at the club with justin smith is the savvy btc hoarder who has $1m but lives like a broke vegas burnout. Of course he says hes rich cuz hed look like a fucking moron to say hes not after how long hes been plugging btc as the next great thing.
    He hasn't even bought a new TV so it's hard to believe he's ballin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Platinum
    Load Metric

He is a cheap jew who got lucky, and poker is dead. That explains that entire paragraph of denial.

He probably hasn't cashed out yet either.

I know you are heavily invested in the notion that there is no way he has money, but that is pretty much impossible at this point when you have something that was $5, now trading at $1200 that he was collecting.

If it makes you feel better to think Micon is a complete fool and is just going to ball out of control with the surge go right ahead, he got lucky just accept it.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

He is a cheap jew who got lucky, and poker is dead. That explains that entire paragraph of denial.

He probably hasn't cashed out yet either.

I know you are heavily invested in the notion that there is no way he has money, but that is pretty much impossible at this point when you have something that was $5, now trading at $1200 that he was collecting.

If it makes you feel better to think Micon is a complete fool and is just going to ball out of control with the surge go right ahead, he got lucky just accept it.
    I am happy for Micon. Everybody laughed at him and now he is on top. Imagine how much he will be worth if they hit 10,000 per coin.

Load Metric
    its extremely unlikely micon doesnt have a net worth in the low 7 figures range right now.

the question of course is what will be his net once the bitcoin prices readjust from whatever trend caused them to bloat.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    its extremely unlikely micon doesnt have a net worth in the low 7 figures range right now.

the question of course is what will be his net once the bitcoin prices readjust from whatever trend caused them to bloat.
    rofl so u are saying he had 1000 coins before the very first run up and also didnt sell any. even micon said in 1 article that he didnt have many from when they were $5-20. this the same guy who has bought nothing new (u know he would be showing it off) and still playing little prelim tournies at the ratosphere. look i know all of you love and underdog story and feel good that the lovable loser has hit it big but its just not true. even if he was smart and hoarded like 100 coins when they were 100 bucks each, that still only leaves him with 120k now. i think you guys been away from micon too long and forget the guy spends spends spends when he gets $. so he has 1m $ in btc but is still living like the same brokeass he was last year, ok sure.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Even Micon couldn't fuck this one up.

Load Metric

rofl so u are saying he had 1000 coins before the very first run up and also didnt sell any. even micon said in 1 article that he didnt have many from when they were $5-20. this the same guy who has bought nothing new (u know he would be showing it off) and still playing little prelim tournies at the ratosphere. look i know all of you love and underdog story and feel good that the lovable loser has hit it big but its just not true. even if he was smart and hoarded like 100 coins when they were 100 bucks each, that still only leaves him with 120k now. i think you guys been away from micon too long and forget the guy spends spends spends when he gets $. so he has 1m $ in btc but is still living like the same brokeass he was last year, ok sure.

i wouldnt bet my life on it but given the volume of transactions micon performs via bitcoin, its just unlikely that he doesnt have a solid 1k bc roll in his wallet.

its totally possible he cashed out the lions share for baby stuff, insurance, food, housing, and the mix game at aria and that roll is gone, but dont forget that he also pockets a percent of the rake from seals. a site which probably costs all of $80 a month to run and maintain.

also factor in that hes an evangelist. hes been preaching bitcoin relevance for years. and without getting into the nuts and bolts of what it implies, by all appearances his faith is sincere. so who knows. but if bad judgement and terrible instincts made him a millionaire, hes still a millionaire. the question is, for me; does he stay one?

Comments

BetCheckBet: I would estimate he has about 500k in liquidity right now

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    i dont know how all of you just ignore that micon lives like a poor person, same way he has for years when he definitely was poor, but somehow think hes a millionare now. this might be something id believe if it were druff we were talking about, cuz we all know that jew hates parting with a single dollar, but micon has always been a free spender and never had the ability to save even a little bit. now everyone here is giving him credit for holding onto 1000 btc and not changing his lifestyle because he was the only guy in the world who knew they would go up huge in value. i mean come on, this is micon were talking about here. someone mentioned that 200 btc bet he had and lost. micon did pay out and didnt scam anyone but for awhile he was stalling and stalling and it was pretty clear to me that he didnt have it and had to produce it somehow. this was in summer 2013. i mean even some superjew like druff would upgrade his life a bit if he made some score like that, no way micon keeps living like broke white trash but is sitting on a million in btc. i think micon wants to have the illusion of what hes worth so ppl respect him but it fails the sanity check.

nbh u said micon is selling 80 pct of himself in the wsop cuz poker is dead and not because he was broke. ya right. micon wouldnt even put 100 pct of himself in his beloved horse event, he still sold off most of it. if u think micon woke up in 2013 and finally realized he sucks at poker, u dont know micon very well. what we have here is a lifetime free spender living like a brokeass, taking wsop stakes, and not even buying some basic life upgrades and ppl saying he is a millionaire. sorry but this doesnt make any sense to me. all of this adds up to him being the same pauper he always was, not some millionaire btc hoarder who saw what none of us could see last year.

Comments

BHS: Just STFU you know NOTHING

BetCheckBet: the 200 btc bet was escrowed along with another 500. All he had to do was approve money being sent.

Avon Barksdale: spot on

Platinum
    Load Metric
    i dont know how all of you just ignore that micon lives like a poor person, same way he has for years when he definitely was poor, but somehow think hes a millionare now. this might be something id believe if it were druff we were talking about, cuz we all know that jew hates parting with a single dollar, but micon has always been a free spender and never had the ability to save even a little bit. now everyone here is giving him credit for holding onto 1000 btc and not changing his lifestyle because he was the only guy in the world who knew they would go up huge in value. i mean come on, this is micon were talking about here. someone mentioned that 200 btc bet he had and lost. micon did pay out and didnt scam anyone but for awhile he was stalling and stalling and it was pretty clear to me that he didnt have it and had to produce it somehow. this was in summer 2013. i mean even some superjew like druff would upgrade his life a bit if he made some score like that, no way micon keeps living like broke white trash but is sitting on a million in btc. i think micon wants to have the illusion of what hes worth so ppl respect him but it fails the sanity check.

nbh u said micon is selling 80 pct of himself in the wsop cuz poker is dead and not because he was broke. ya right. micon wouldnt even put 100 pct of himself in his beloved horse event, he still sold off most of it. if u think micon woke up in 2013 and finally realized he sucks at poker, u dont know micon very well. what we have here is a lifetime free spender living like a brokeass, taking wsop stakes, and not even buying some basic life upgrades and ppl saying he is a millionaire. sorry but this doesnt make any sense to me. all of this adds up to him being the same pauper he always was, not some millionaire btc hoarder who saw what none of us could see last year.
    The point you are continually missing is that Micon didn't "see what no one else saw" or use his "investing savvy" to predict the market would skyrocket.

He got LUCKY. He hit the one outer on the river for the title. There was no special skill in what happened.

I would like to hear more about this bet if it was that recent. Link.

Edit - I see once again your facts are way off.

If this fucker degen or not made a bet for 200 bitcoin that was ESCROWED just this past summer, he was obviously sitting on a ton of them. Now I would bet he had at least 2000 at that point, so yeah what Bet said about the 500k is probably pretty damn accurate.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23893088

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dad View Post
    Micon switches from slots to BlackJack, an obvious +EV move ... and then

At around 45:00 Micon comes out with:

"No gamble, no future"

and then at 46:30 ish (after losing a big black jack hand where he doubled down):

"Ahhh ... a horrible loss"
    "You know what they say, you might as well gamble more"

Words to live by.

And then almost finally:

"Snap switch to baccarat"

And then:

"Ahhh ..."

Snap close the video.

Note in the final credits, from the Bitcoin Conservation Authority:

"No bitcoins were hurt in the making of this video ..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    16:9 (Canadian version of Dateline) doing a special on Canadian millionaires from bitcoin right now. Definitely blowing up huge in media.

Comments

Sanlmar: Another solid post. Thx

Silver
    Load Metric
    Micon is niggarich as fuck... Cokehead is spot on.

Motherfucker would be making it rain and letting everyone know it.

Load Metric
    Bryan Micon ‏@BryanMicon 27 Nov
    @LVpimpjuice @sketchy1poker I'm a hoarder, meaning I believe in world-wide bitcoin adoption.
    No price target.
    Hold position: forever

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post

cant imagine martha* letting that happen.

not even a little.

* you know, his wife and the mother of his child.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post

not even a little.

Micon always seemed to be actually very conservative in terms of spending. He was never one to throw money around or be into swag culture. I think that's partly why him and Druff got along. Even when Micon was doing well financially he was pretty cheap. I mean can anyone really think of a single post he made bragging about his money? The big difference between him and druff though is that Micon takes big risks in terms of ROI. He's not afraid to throw out big money into reckless things if he feels he can get a strong return.

Also being in your 30's and having 500k is not entirely unusual. My partner and myself have relatively middle class jobs and are not that far off and certainly will by the time we are 40. Yet we live very modestly. Really comes down to lifestyle.

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: read carefully crackhead

Load Metric
    That n-words got a t-shirt that's older than most posters and a CRT TV. He doesn't spend his money on stuff most people do. Did the appreciation of bitcoins outpace his massive gambling problem is the big question.

Comments

BetCheckBet: this

sonatine: cogent

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

not even a little.

Micon always seemed to be actually very conservative in terms of spending. He was never one to throw money around or be into swag culture. I think that's partly why him and Druff got along. Even when Micon was doing well financially he was pretty cheap. I mean can anyone really think of a single post he made bragging about his money? The big difference between him and druff though is that Micon takes big risks in terms of ROI. He's not afraid to throw out big money into reckless things if he feels he can get a strong return.

Also being in your 30's and having 500k is not entirely unusual. My partner and myself have relatively middle class jobs and are not that far off and certainly will by the time we are 40. Yet we live very modestly. Really comes down to lifestyle.
    Exactly!! What the hell are people talking about him "making it rain" if he hit it big?? How he was always a "big spender" in the past? When? Who? Where? Bullshit.

And in that last tweet he just said exactly what I presumed...that he has not cashed out much if any of his stash. He is riding this wave as far as possible and will wait for signs of a decline before selling. It isn't like it will go from 12 fucking hundred down to nothing overnight.

Micon is rich, get the fuck over it people.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    That n-words got a t-shirt that's older than most posters and a CRT TV. He doesn't spend his money on stuff most people do. Did the appreciation of bitcoins outpace his massive gambling problem is the big question.
    yeah theres the gambling prob too, like we saw in that video belly buster posted. great point.

just cuz micon is a slob doesnt mean hes cheap. no way he is driving around in some shit beater car & living in some crap rental if hes sitting on a milly in btc. theres a diff between holding onto most of your btc as an investment and living a spartan lifestyle for your entire family while u save every penny to speculate. sonatine brought up his wife, another good point except I think its the opposite. if u were married to micon with his kid, would u live like white trash while your husband sits on a milly of something like btc which could vanish in a second? fuck no. she would make him buy a house for the fam and other necessities.

i think gaucho is spot on w/the gambling prob. i bet thats where it all went.

Thread Information