Page 184 of 417 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 8337

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just think...

Years from now we could be sitting over a drink and reminiscing ( and maybe some of us kicking ourselves) on how back in the day, Bitcoin was "only" at around $5700...and why we didn't get in on it. Just like (I can obv guarantee you) some people are doing right now when it was much much less than it is at the present time.

Or...

we will be patting ourselves on the back on not pulling the trigger and investing our life savings (like some people currently are) in "a shitty fraudulent currency" as we will call it, that was destined to fail.

No matter WHAT happens, we will all think, laugh, cry, or whatever, about that one time that a PFA member made a thread when the price was around $112, that Bitcoins were Officially Donkdown.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Overconfidence. It can be a real surprise.

Gold
    Load Metric
    $6000. Krypt is still scratching his head wondering what went wrong.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    LOVE THE HAIR
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    I got an email today from Coinbase alerting me to an upcoming Bitcoin fork event. Anyone care to explain? The email said after the event I'll have 5 Bitcoin and 5 Bitcoin2x.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    While we are on the subject, can anyone speak on the Russia v China btc beef?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Saw some $6700 today. Might see $8500 before the next fork in a few weeks.

20k I am almost certain at some point but leaning more towards triple that

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I got an email today from Coinbase alerting me to an upcoming Bitcoin fork event. Anyone care to explain? The email said after the event I'll have 5 Bitcoin and 5 Bitcoin2x.

So you're telling me you "supposedly" have over $30,000 in Bitcoin, and you know absolutely nothing about the planned fork that has been in the works for months?

Do you always make sizeable investments without doing any due diligence?

I mean, i dont know everything about the fork myself, but its a liiiittle different story seeing as how i currently only have about $100 in bitcoin, so im naturally not too worried about it at this juncture.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Stupid question. Did you forget who you are talking to?

Load Metric

Yes hedge the fall by buying BCH asap.

BTC may rise toward fork but post fork, shizzle son, huge war coming, BCH will rise like a bird from the ashes of civil crypto wars..then come third week of Nov who know.

Also while I agree the prices will rise I also believe a set back of some sort has to happen, I dunno like a financial crisis. This is all play money, when peeps need their cash liquid, bye bye BTC. no different than any other thing.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    What your email actually said was "If you have 5 Bitcoin stored on Coinbase before the fork, you will have 5 Bitcoin and 5 Bitcoin2x following the event."

Comments

Gordman: THAT makes a little more sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

BTC may rise toward fork but post fork, shizzle son, huge war coming, BCH will rise like a bird from the ashes of civil crypto wars..then come third week of Nov who know.

Also while I agree the prices will rise I also believe a set back of some sort has to happen, I dunno like a financial crisis. This is all play money, when peeps need their cash liquid, bye bye BTC. no different than any other thing.
    If there's a financial crisis, expect a lot of cash to pour into crypto generally. If you don't trust the markets and the banks, it's preferable to get coin than hide your cash under your pillow.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

If there's a financial crisis, expect a lot of cash to pour into crypto generally. If you don't trust the markets and the banks, it's preferable to get coin than hide your cash under your pillow.

Honestly the worst advice ever. When people need cash, markets (BTC too) suffer.

Now if during a crisis you HAVE tons of cash, its king buy up all the lows but in terms of stores of value, sorry not BTC.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

So you're telling me you "supposedly" have over $30,000 in Bitcoin, and you know absolutely nothing about the planned fork that has been in the works for months?

The biggest winners with Bitcoin are most certainly those who have been blissfully unaware or simply forgot about their holdings.

The less you know

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

The biggest winners with Bitcoin are most certainly those who have been blissfully unaware or simply forgot about their holdings.

The less you know
    As long as you haven't also forgotten your private keys ....

or had your coin on MtGox or some other place that got hacked ....
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Platinum
    Load Metric

The less you know

True

...But we're also talking about Searles here

Load Metric

The less you know

True

Believe what you want. I was given free Bitcoin by Micon back in the day. I invested about $200. I played on SWC. I've cashed out close to $14,000. I don't have 5 Bitcoin, I actually have almost 3. I'm in it for the long haul and honest to God pay almost zero attention. Im confused by the fork. Say I have 3, it forks and I now have 3 and 3. I assume each is worth 1/2 as much so really my value is the same?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

Is this an opposite pick or something?

The second the market starts to contract, tech jobs are going to get shed, and the btc herberts are going to cash out to cover living expenses.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

True

Believe what you want. I was given free Bitcoin by Micon back in the day. I invested about $200. I played on SWC. I've cashed out close to $14,000. I don't have 5 Bitcoin, I actually have almost 3. I'm in it for the long haul and honest to God pay almost zero attention. Im confused by the fork. Say I have 3, it forks and I now have 3 and 3. I assume each is worth 1/2 as much so really my value is the same?
    Pretty much this but it probably won't be 50/50 more likely 80/20.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Is this an opposite pick or something?

The second the market starts to contract, tech jobs are going to get shed, and the btc herberts are going to cash out to cover living expenses.
    If you think that's who has all the coin then you may be right. But that's a big assumption.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Thread Information