Page 173 of 419 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 8362

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Diamond
    Load Metric
    So I am trying to engage in a business transaction for a small sum of money and the buyer would like to pay me in bitcoin. How difficult would it be for me to exchange $107 dollars of bitcoin, into, you know, real money?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I lost a few thousand past few days, but I just colored up almost everything.

Smart move is to stay invested long term, shits going to still skyrocket

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    So I am trying to engage in a business transaction for a small sum of money

Name:  jesus.png
Views: 457
Size:  646.8 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    So I am trying to engage in a business transaction for a small sum of money and the buyer would like to pay me in bitcoin. How difficult would it be for me to exchange $107 dollars of bitcoin, into, you know, real money?
    Your rates are only $107 for a blowjob? Times must be tough.

Comments

OSA: so very funny and original

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Based on what? This could be either a correction or the bubble popping, tough to tell. I would lean towards bubble popping. Bitcoin could see a big bounce if everyone starts moving their money from the shitcoins back into BTC.

Load Metric
    unless you need it now, I'd just hang with the coins until you see someone who wants a small amount for poker or gambling or whatever, then do a venmo or paypal deal. Or, use it for your mma parlays and shit like that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Did you short anything crypto related? Easy to make calls while being on the sidelines. Put your balls on the line next time.
    Why would I naked short crypto? First of all I have no idea if there's even a reliable security that would be an appropriate vehicle for such a move, and besides I would have to pair that trade somehow.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: I thought you were smart???

Sanlmar: Krypt is my boy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

Did you short anything crypto related? Easy to make calls while being on the sidelines. Put your balls on the line next time.
    Why would I naked short crypto? First of all I have no idea if there's even a reliable security that would be an appropriate vehicle for such a move, and besides I would have to pair that trade somehow.
    I find it interesting to see Krypt & Snake, in particular, bring shorting up. I have been thinking about this lately for obvious reasons.

I have written that I really cannot play this market unless I can short. Personally, my attitude is that if I am investing my time to follow a security or commodity I want to be able to play both sides as it rises and falls. That's just my selfish attitude and approach.

First, behavioral economics & human behavior in general rely on the most recent events to make predictions about the future. It's just the way we are wired. If you can fight and remember events from a while back you have an edge on the rest of the folks.

Remember the euphoria of just a couple of weeks ago? In my mind I mark it with the Ethereum ICO's. Just for the experience I decided I'd play small at that time as I could not really grasp the game. I sat in a queue that was 40,000 deep just for the opportunity to buy. Unreal. (I lost interest).

You can't short the cryptos. Not really.

I ain't no economist or finance guy. I just know what I feel. But I know this: short selling is essential in the price discovery process.

If short selling did not exist, prices would predominantly reflect only positive views, driven by buyers in the market, thus pushing prices higher through their demand.

$3000 was bullshit.

Those artificially high prices would not reflect the true, efficient trading price of the asset since they would be created with incomplete information and omitting the negative viewpoints of the asset.

Additionally, short selling provides a hedge even for those who want to be long.

Short selling provides more liquidity and narrows spreads and guards against lol shaninigans. Crypto now are thin dangerous markets.

Thus, you have retarded volatility and nonsense with the crypto markets. How can you play that game?

That's just my attitude. Fun to watch and occasionally tempting but fuck that nonsense.

My thought at the moment is recalling the ICO euphoria and now noting the absence of interest. I don't see too much news. I have been struck by the absence of interest even in this thread. That is how they will die - quietly and in their sleep.

Name:  IMG_0016.PNG
Views: 384
Size:  322.0 KB

Comments

MumblesBadly: Financial street prof rep
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-16-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric

Reliable security? You can short on coinbase. You need 5 million in your account. Chump change for you.

Load Metric
    "snake" we all know your ass is on the line here if crypto tanks another 20%

Load Metric

Reliable security? You can short on coinbase. You need 5 million in your account. Chump change for you.
    Can you fathom parking $5 million on Coinbase? The very idea prolly keeps Karpeles awake in his solitary cell in Japan.

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!

Krypt:

Load Metric
    Decent site for people mostly interested in spectating the show...

https://cryptolization.com/

...i started checking it every few days when the whole crypto market cap was at 38b 3 months ago.

Comments

Krypt:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Decent site for people mostly interested in spectating the show...

https://cryptolization.com/

...i started checking it every few days when the whole crypto market cap was at 38b 3 months ago.
    $67 billion in currency and nobody has ever bought a god damned thing with them. Noodle that.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver says there’s $400 billion per year of illegal sports betting in the U.S. alone.
    Sure there's drugs and hits for hire but I have always wanted to get a fix on the importance of illegal gambling relative to cryptos.

Thank god for that too

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    $67 billion in currency and nobody has ever bought a god damned thing with them. Noodle that.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver says there’s $400 billion per year of illegal sports betting in the U.S. alone.
    Sure there's drugs and hits for hire but I have always wanted to get a fix on the importance of illegal gambling relative to cryptos.

Thank god for that too
    Nobody has ever bought anything with what? BTC or crypto?

Load Metric

Thank god for that too
    Yup fascinating insanity. It might only take few years now to get enough details to piece together a story about who made the play for the whole market. At least i assume it wasn't just organic stupidity.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoStar View Post

Thank god for that too
    Nobody has ever bought anything with what? BTC or crypto?
    Doubt he meant literally. Practically nothing by the mainstream compared to their uses in black/grey markets and/or the current market cap.

Kinda based on that utopia that one day 1 of the coins will be fully adopted by the mainstream. Reasonable amount of their price are bets that it will be some particular coin.

Comments

GringoStar: True, although there are countless legit

Load Metric
    anyone who thinks the alphabay takedown and the deflation in value are coincidental has not been doing their homework.

i know the lions share of the instability is rooted in the impending fork(s) but seriously, talk about the straw that broke the camels back. that was more like the telephone pole that broke the camels back.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Based on what? This could be either a correction or the bubble popping, tough to tell. I would lean towards bubble popping. Bitcoin could see a big bounce if everyone starts moving their money from the shitcoins back into BTC.
    Bubble has not hit , way too much interest and it is still growing, I'd be shocked if they did not fire to 5k + at some point

Load Metric

Bubble has not hit , way too much interest and it is still growing, I'd be shocked if they did not fire to 5k + at some point

Absolutely true. Again, BTC is AOL. It's on top now, but it will eventually be irrelevant.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoStar View Post

Absolutely true. Again, BTC is AOL. It's on top now, but it will eventually be irrelevant.
    Yup maybe worth pennies at some point but dont think we are close to a bubble. Too hard to predict this stuff and anyone who thinks they know anything about this stuff is full of shit. I just know the market is still growing and there will be huge u-s and downs for a while

Thread Information