Page 16 of 419 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    I don't want to fall in love with the macro economics of Bitcoin. I really don't. I am not some kinda Micon BTC evangelist.

I love the bubble and it's an opportunity to trade.

When I was 8 or 9 I was messing with chain letters. That was a bubbly kind of fad a long long time ago. Druff will remember. Tech in 2000, gold stocks, poker, housing. I have loved them all and am always fascinated.

you must read Betcheck's post - Micon interview.. I have never heard or read anything coherent from Micon before. Tried to listen to his podcast once.

The article was really good. Loved this.

“It’s just wrong, awful and hurting the country a lot. When you’re using the ATM to withdraw $200, there’s a $4 fee. Don’t get me started on wiring bigger amounts, because holy shit that’s expensive. Sending $7,600 from the UK to America costs a friend of mine $75. The fee was $50 and there was another $25 charge on top of that. This is where Bitcoin gets a lot more interesting, as it basically attacks that system. Bitcoin attacks PayPal and eBay, because PayPal says, “We have a hundred million users so the world embraces this payment system. We’re using this advantage to charge you $9 when you want to send your buddy $350 for whatever it may be. Oh, and if you use it on eBay we’ll charge you an eBay fee, a final value fee, an insertion fee and every other possible fee which we will automatically take from your PayPal account.” It’s a racket man; it sounds like the mafia to me,” Micon said took a moment to catch his breath.

Dude, that's fucking beautiful.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-21-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: It was Betcheck's post

Load Metric
    Mincrom is legion

Load Metric
    micons quote is amazing except he leaves out the part where you may lose 20% of your bitcoins value in the time it takes to fly across the pond.

Comments

WillieMcFML: :this
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    A gaming software company has been slapped with a $1 million fine after secretly adding bitcoin mining software to a product update earlier this year.

E-Sports Entertainment Association (ESEA) — which lets serious CounterStrike players face each other down in anti-cheat modes — infected about 14,000 of its customers with the code, which ended up mining about 30 bitcoins over two weeks last spring.

The company blamed a rogue employee, who has since been terminated. It’s still facing a class action over the matter in California. “What transpired the past two weeks is a case of an employee acting on his own and without authorization to access our community through our company’s resources,” ESEA co-founder Craig Levine told WIRED back in May.

The settlement was announced today by the New Jersey Attorney General, which says that ESEA will pay $325,000 of the fine upfront, and will only be hit with the rest of the penalty if it’s caught misbehaving over the next decade.

In a press release, the Attorney General’s office called the software a “botnet” that could monitor customers even when they weren’t using the ESEA software.

“These defendants illegally hijacked thousands of people’s personal computers without their knowledge or consent, and in doing so gained the ability to monitor their activities, mine for virtual currency that had real dollar value, and otherwise invade and damage their computers,” the AG’s office said.

Though they reached a settlement, ESEA and the New Jersey AG disagree over the facts of the case. The AG’s office says that company co-founder Eric Thunberg and software engineer Sean Hunczak were both involved in the scam. In a statement posted to its website, ESEA said the software was the work of a single engineer, presumably Hunczak, adding that the “press release issued by the Attorney General about our settlement represents a deep misunderstanding of the facts of the case, the nature of our business, and the technology in question.”

Thunberg is still with the company.

Back in the spring, those 30 bitcoins were worth only a few thousand dollars, but at today’s rates, it comes closer to $17,000.

The botnet’s haul was so good because six months ago, serious gamers like ESEA’s customers made excellent soldiers for a botnet army. Gaming machines have powerful graphical processing units that are pretty good at bitcoin mining. Since the spring, however, the bitcoin mining game has become a lot harder, and miners now use custom-designed chips to earn payouts on the bitcoin network.
    ohgodmysides.
    Are you looking in a mirror or are you at a Deli?

Load Metric
    back around 750.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    back around 750.

lol, and the haters will hate because it's now too high for most to get in...

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    so micon gave a good old fashioned eye contact blowjob to some progeny of Aleister Crowley for this hot tip? Find it hard to believe that Dr. ShipsStacksToNeckTats got here on his own.

Load Metric
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1307
Size:  49.1 KB

Tyler & Cameron Winklevoss

The $11 million in bitcoins the Winklevoss brothers bought is now worth $32 million

edit: at time of article BTC trading $350 now $750... Now worth $68.5 million
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...th-32-million/

A source close to the Winklevii says the brothers now hold 1 percent of all Bitcoins in circulation...

Views: 1382
Size:  30.1 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
Views: 1307
Size:  49.1 KB

Tyler & Cameron Winklevoss

The $11 million in bitcoins the Winklevoss brothers bought is now worth $32 million

edit: at time of article BTC trading $350 now $750... Now worth $68.5 million
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...th-32-million/

A source close to the Winklevii says the brothers now hold 1 percent of all Bitcoins in circulation...

Thats still the equivalent of the Zuck going out to a regular lunch. Dude sneezes 68 Milly
Views: 1382
Size:  30.1 KB
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Little known fact. The Winklevoss brother on the left has "THUG LIFE" tattood across his chest. He lost a bet to his brother.

Comments

JUSTIFIEDhomicide: awesome if true

Load Metric
    Bitcoin now trading at about $780.00.

Someone did a $150 million transaction with Bitcoin today.
    Price of gold about $1,243.00 an ounce and falling.
    Major hedge funds moving tens of millions into Bitcoins.
    Billionaire Sir Richard Branson endorses Bitcoin.

What is Micon's net worth now?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Bitcoin now trading at about $780.00.

Someone did a $150 million transaction with Bitcoin today.
    Price of gold about $1,243.00 an ounce and falling.
    Major hedge funds moving tens of millions into Bitcoins.
    Billionaire Sir Richard Branson endorses Bitcoin.

What is Micon's net worth now?

Going to go out on a limb and say that someone doing a $150 million transaction is completely false (unless you mean they are moving it from one wallet to another).

EDIT I see that's what it was
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 11-22-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Load Metric
    ok, sorry, so I pulled that thug life shit out of my ass. You can neg me here to even it out.

Comments

DirtyB: I applaud the creativity.

Load Metric
    Micon has finally arrived, he was loadig up at 5$. How rich is he now?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoorb View Post
    No one really hoarded coins from $5, especially given the extreme volatility.

They monetize them along the way. Before you even factor in the wsop live glory degen'n. Recently the SWC drip is worth a lot. My hunch is Micons worth, after all real life expenses is between 800k-1.5M.

Bless him for that, epic run, and its only getting better...

*Below was posted after Sonatines predictably arrogant, "rep" post!*

Sonatine you are so dumb, yet think you are so smart...

In the spirit of "Sonatine", I say 2 things....

1. MYSIDESohmygodMYSIDES at literally every pathetic thing you post!

2. Play me headds up tough guy, put your money, or btc, where your mouth is.

Otherwise Sonatine, you are nothing more than a forum puppet!

Comments

sonatine: you are a miracle of stupidity made flesh.

Pooh: you

DirtyB: Holy shit are you terrible
    Last edited by garrett; 11-22-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Load Metric
    https://blockchain.info/tx/1c1244320...edbffafb0cd204

194k bitcoin transaction.

$145.5 million if bitcoins are $750. Obviously them cashing the whole lot out would drive prices down to $5

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Sonatine you are so dumb, yet think you are so smart...

Comments

garrett: Why do you constantly post my mugshots. I wouldnt do that to someone. Shows how classless, you really are. Also this guy above would win, and you know it!

Muck Ficon: Lol

tony bagadonuts: That's what you get for barking up the wrong tree dumbass

::o: Also lol
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    10-17-2012, 02:58 AM #1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/85...abilia-auction

Hall of Famer and former St. Louis Cardinals great Ozzie Smith is selling his 13 Gold Gloves, 11 of his All-Star Game rings and more than 100 pieces of memorabilia from his personal collection in a November online auction, the California auction house that will be overseeing the sale announced Tuesday.

SCP Auctions of Laguna Niguel, Calif., said in a news release that Smith has decided to sell his collection "as part of his estate and family planning."

"I am honored to share a portion of the memorabilia from my professional baseball career with fans and collectors," Smith said in a statement Tuesday evening. "My family and I have decided together which of my pieces to keep and which to share. I will forever cherish every experience associated with earning these awards that I shared with the Cardinal Nation and the baseball community. I hope those who are passionate about collecting and preserving such items will gain a similar measure of joy through their ownership."
    Hard to believe you sell all 13 of your Gold Gloves if you aren't broke.

LOL @ "estate and family planning".

Ozzie broke my heart as a 13-year-old Dodgers fan when he suddenly became a power hitter in the 1985 NLCS.

10-17-2012, 03:01 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    He's definitely broke to sell all that off. I wonder if he accepts payment in the form of bitcoins.
    Ozzie Smith, in fact, did accept Bitcoins. "The Wizard", as he was known, thought $12 per BTC was a little high.

But knowing BNP is a pretty shrewd cat, he sold his Gold Glove Awards from 1980-1992 for for $519,203 and accepted payment in Bitcoins.

Ozzie's Bitcoins are now worth $38,940,225

Views: 477
Size:  39.3 KB

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoorb View Post
    A $22 (£14) investment in the virtual currency Bitcoin four years ago has brought a Norwegian man an unexpected windfall of about $850,000.

The staggering appreciation of the Bitcoin meant Kristoffer Koch, 29, was able to buy an upmarket flat in Oslo by selling a fifth of his 5,000 coins.

Mr Koch, 29, said he only remembered about his investment after reading reports of the currency's rising value.

The extremely volatile currency is increasingly used for web transactions.

Mr Koch said that he had suddenly realised that his 5,000 Bitcoins were worth about $850,000.

Cannot play media. You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version

After cashing in the fifth of his reserves - and paying taxes - he said he was able to buy the apartment in Oslo's fashionable Toyen area.

Bitcoins are stored in encrypted wallets, and Mr Koch admitted that it took him some time to remember the password to unlock the safe.

"Not in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that they would have soared like this," he was quoted as saying in the Norwegian media.

"It's bizarre, these psychological reflexes that make us attach a value to something that doesn't have any in itself."

Comments

Fringinhard: old story dumb faggot

Thread Information