Page 155 of 419 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 8362

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Breathtaking $100 point drops

The moves to the downside are sooo much more dramatic

Pure sex

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Pure sex
    Down $370 from intraday high. Looks like I need to stick to my $GBTC theory. Whenever the premium is outrageous, a selloff is imminent. The premium was close to 100%, never been that high.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    I see what you see.

I love the following article. Not because of the Bitcoin angle (although that's fun) but because the author accurately talks about sentiment at the tail end of bull markets.

Beanie Babies were a phenomena at the end of the dot com bubble.

Right now everything is groovy. Bad news gets ignored. There is no fear. Amazon is $1000. Trump news has zero effect on the market.

Sentiment runs in cycles. The bull market has run so long people forget. THEY ALWAYS DO.

You fear the crash in Bitcoins because of what it tells you about the rest of the markets

Three reasons to fear the coming crash in bitcoins
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/thr...ins-2017-05-24

Next, it tells us that manias are back.

In any long bull market, there are always one or two assets where the price goes completely crazy. It might be dot-com stocks, or space exploration companies, or apartments in central London, or hedge-fund managers, or if you go back far enough, radio shares, or South American railway companies.

But it is always something. If there is an asset bubble underway, it surely tells us that we are close to the peak of a bull market — and sooner or later, that will turn down.
    ^^^^ That shit, right there, is sage wisdom in a paragraph

Author has some fun hinting that Bitcoin may have some hidden derivative effect as was uncovered during 2007/2008 with housing CDO's (The Big Short). The attempt made me smile.

Comments

sonatine: I do enjoy your finance insights

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: that's fucking interesting
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-25-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Load Metric
    I was tilting earlier then I remembered I have an old BTC affiliate account at directbet, so I hunt down the password and baam smiling again.

Walking away from a good affiliate and logging back in 3 years later GOLDEN! To add to it I also made bank on ethereum, didn't even know they accepted them.

Now not sure if they convert to BTC when paying out, I guess Ill know soon.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I see what you see.

I love the following article. Not because of the Bitcoin angle (although that's fun) but because the author accurately talks about sentiment at the tail end of bull markets.

Right now everything is groovy. Bad news gets ignored. There is no fear. Amazon is $1000. Trump news has zero effect on the market.

Sentiment runs in cycles. The bull market has run so long people forget. THEY ALWAYS DO.

You fear the crash in Bitcoins because of what it tells you about the rest of the markets

In any long bull market, there are always one or two assets where the price goes completely crazy. It might be dot-com stocks, or space exploration companies, or apartments in central London, or hedge-fund managers, or if you go back far enough, radio shares, or South American railway companies.

But it is always something. If there is an asset bubble underway, it surely tells us that we are close to the peak of a bull market — and sooner or later, that will turn down.

Author has some fun hinting that Bitcoin may have some hidden derivative effect as was uncovered during 2007/2008 with housing CDO's (The Big Short). The attempt made me smile.
    Name:  IMG_20170525_162957.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  29.7 KB

Is that a chart of Bitcoin? Nope. Chart of Home Depot stock. Dozens of stocks have a similar chart. Maybe 100's.

Load Metric
    I see what you see.

The "hidden derivative effect" is that it's easier to derive who is overconfident about the direction of bitcoin based on how many people publicly extol its virture or impending demise. At this time, it's the cheerleaders.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitco...nd-2700-2017-5
    Name:  IMG_5836.JPG
Views: 458
Size:  26.7 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    As far as the stocks have followed same curve up, guess what same coming doom applies to them too.

On a personal note my day is back to tilt, after finding my old directbet.eu affiliate account was stacked I then discover within hours they are closing this month! tilt
    Last edited by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece; 05-25-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Load Metric
    What tilts you more; directbet closing or how donkdown bitcoins are?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    In combination uber tilt, the directbet closing hurts more though tbh, apparently had a nice stream going there, now spending the night looking at betcoin and nitro options. Mind you I cant get the things to kraken fast enough to dump and as the tiltiness of the day would have it kraken was down this afternoon.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    In combination uber tilt, the directbet closing hurts more though tbh, apparently had a nice stream going there, now spending the night looking at betcoin and nitro options. Mind you I cant get the things to kraken fast enough to dump and as the tiltiness of the day would have it kraken was down this afternoon.

Kraken sounds like its just about donkdown as well.

But you know... Hang out at a barber shop, sooner or later you get a haircut.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

Kraken sounds like its just about donkdown as well.

But you know... Hang out at a barber shop, sooner or later you get a haircut.

Here's a weird one....apparently I also did a betcoin affiliate shy of 2 years ago and had 23 sign ups so far or 1 a month and earned 368 "chips" and counting. It converts to roughly a third or more of a BTC 1BTC 1000 chips. So back to minor tilt, $800 found. Funny how finding a few bucks picks you up but in grand scheme is like finding a quarter.

As far as the hair cut goes, I hear ya, as you can tell I cared at one time about this stuff and without this recent price jump would have never looked to see what I had done so turning and dumping... lost interest tbh.

Banned
    Load Metric

Pure sex

Bitcoin Drops $300 in an Hour- and Still Rises on the Day

https://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2017...es-on-the-day/

Load Metric
    BALLIN'!!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Going to be a long and depressing 3 day weekend for the longs!

Load Metric
    A see a lot of reactionary analysis. TRIGGER WARNING for anyone not wanting to be lectured by a pretentious fag. Counterarguments encouraged and appreciated.

Crypto is not in a bubble, presently. They are perhaps the only market sector remaining that so far can not be manipulated, abused, rigged or depressed by the central banks and colluding governments.

They are experiencing true price-discovery action - something other markets have not enjoyed for decades. The price rise reflects this. It also illustrates clearly the inflation being pushed across the globe by the money-printing of the central banks. Yes there will be price corrections like in any markets, but this is no bubble at the present point.

The upward mobility is real, by all accounts. I find amusement that the same entities that can't spot an obvious and glaring market bubble in stocks, bonds, real-estate, vehicle loans, student loans if their life depended on it -- can magically determine with "certainty" that they believe CryptoCurrencies are in a bubble.

It reminds me of how we still obsess about pollls showing Trump's popularity level when these polls proved to be misleading, at best, during the campaign.

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Good post

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoStar View Post
    They are perhaps the only market sector remaining that so far can not be manipulated, abused, rigged or depressed by the central banks and colluding governments.
    I thought we had seen definitive evidence that whales can and have manipulated the market prices through high volume microtrades, etc?

You're not wrong since you specified banks/gov but the premise that it cannot be manipulated seems to run against common knowledge/established history. Whats more, we have seen value plummet in the past when the Chinese gov/banks stomp on various exchanges or fail to embrace various platforms.

Ergo, donkdown.

Gold
    Load Metric
    They are perhaps the only market sector remaining that so far can not be manipulated, abused, rigged or depressed by the central banks and colluding governments.
    I thought we had seen definitive evidence that whales can and have manipulated the market prices through high volume microtrades, etc?

You're not wrong since you specified banks/gov but the premise that it cannot be manipulated seems to run against common knowledge/established history. Whats more, we have seen value plummet in the past when the Chinese gov/banks stomp on various exchanges or fail to embrace various platforms.

Ergo, donkdown.

Your point is that supply and demand affects price?

Wow, I clicked here to see dancing in the streets at BTC's recent drop of a few hundred. I had no idea I'd read something so fucking profound.

Load Metric

Ergo, donkdown.

I'm not aware of any meaningful, lasting value shifts that were found to be purely based on the manipulation of whales. If you are referring to the twins, I sort of see your point, but not a lasting result on any one person/entities back.

Also, Crytpo gets blocked but has yet to be co-opted (corrupted), like standard banking institutions. However, your hole poking ability is real and definitely a fair assessment.

Load Metric

Ergo, donkdown.

I'm not aware of any meaningful, lasting value shifts that were found to be purely based on the manipulation of whales. If you are referring to the twins, I sort of see your point, but not a lasting result on any one person/entities back.

Also, Crytpo gets blocked but has yet to be co-opted (corrupted), like standard banking institutions. However, your hole poking ability is real and definitely a fair assessment.

Honestly I dont know if there was ever really attribution for the microtransaction flurries (twins, etc), and the other side of that coin is that I dont now if there was ever definitive 1 to 1 correlation between the microtransaction flurries and an increase in value... I mean, there is knowing and there is knowing... in fact one could argue that most BTC investors were quickly inoculated against those sorts of shenans but again that opens an interesting door, without a backing currency of some sort, the shortest path to manipulation remains psychological. And while that sort of weakness can be exploited for virtually anything traded, its the lack of a standard backing that makes crypto especially vulnerable.

Ergo

Load Metric
    A see a lot of reactionary analysis. TRIGGER WARNING for anyone not wanting to be lectured by a pretentious fag. Counterarguments encouraged and appreciated.

Crypto is not in a bubble, presently. They are perhaps the only market sector remaining that so far can not be manipulated, abused, rigged or depressed by the central banks and colluding governments.

They are experiencing true price-discovery action - something other markets have not enjoyed for decades. The price rise reflects this. It also illustrates clearly the inflation being pushed across the globe by the money-printing of the central banks. Yes there will be price corrections like in any markets, but this is no bubble at the present point.

The upward mobility is real, by all accounts. I find amusement that the same entities that can't spot an obvious and glaring market bubble in stocks, bonds, real-estate, vehicle loans, student loans if their life depended on it -- can magically determine with "certainty" that they believe CryptoCurrencies are in a bubble.

It reminds me of how we still obsess about pollls showing Trump's popularity level when these polls proved to be misleading, at best, during the campaign.

Comments

GringoStar: Pretty much epitomizes why anyone with any knowledge on anything would shy away from posting here. You are a tool. And a John as well. Examine yourself.

Thread Information