Page 133 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 8350

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    This story was from a few days ago. Looks like Chinese regulators dropped the hammer on bitcoin exchanges providing clients with borrowing to fund bitcoin investment. Makes you wonder how much leveraged buying offered by the exchanges helped push up bitcoin price.

China's Bitcoin Exchanges Quietly Made Policy Updates Overnight
    http://www.coindesk.com/china-bitcoi...olicy-updates/
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Saw the BTCC CEO Bobby Lee in the article above.

Margin trading gets curbed. Yawn. The bigger story that was posted years ago in this thread involved the fake trades that go on with Chinese exchanges. The biggest red flag was the zero commission. Wash trades where the exchange sells to itself, lol.

How does one make a profit on zero commission. You get creative.

The story below is just something I grabbed quickly. This isn't news - the story has been out there forever. This article is kind of good cause Bobby Lee makes the bold claim and an ex CTO confirms the practice exists.

Chinese bitcoin spot exchanges OKCoin and Huobi are faking most trading volume
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1415808.0

It's fast & loose and a game of musical chairs.

As the Doors, Jim Morrison wrote:

" When the music's over. Turn out the lights. "

Comments

sonatine: literally fucking breath taking

Henry:

Load Metric
    touching $900- don't think the music has stopped yet, LAAAAAAAAAADS
    BALLIN'!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks Spunk Bucket View Post
    touching $900- don't think the music has stopped yet, LAAAAAAAAAADS
    If you've never witnessed a triple top then you're in for a real treat

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Saw the BTCC CEO Bobby Lee in the article above.

Margin trading gets curbed. Yawn. The bigger story that was posted years ago in this thread involved the fake trades that go on with Chinese exchanges. The biggest red flag was the zero commission. Wash trades where the exchange sells to itself, lol.

How does one make a profit on zero commission. You get creative.

The story below is just something I grabbed quickly. This isn't news - the story has been out there forever. This article is kind of good cause Bobby Lee makes the bold claim and an ex CTO confirms the practice exists.

Chinese bitcoin spot exchanges OKCoin and Huobi are faking most trading volume
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1415808.0

It's fast & loose and a game of musical chairs.

As the Doors, Jim Morrison wrote:

" When the music's over. Turn out the lights. "
    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  90.7 KB

Load Metric
    on the rise...$956
    BALLIN'!!

Load Metric
    Name:  20170131_160109.png
Views: 590
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  3w456.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  23.1 KB
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    You have been given adequate warning in this thread already.

As Bitcoin ETF Nears, Analysts Warn of Trading Frenzy

https://www.wsj.com/articles/irratio...tfs-1486350601

Load Metric
    Name:  20170206_120843.png
Views: 480
Size:  50.1 KB

I guess tine is the micheal angelo of bitcoin.

Seriously folks, as long as trump is in office those chinks know what time it is, bitcoin hitting 1400 for sure this year, maybe more.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    You were warned at $40, $200, $400

It is rare that you get a second chances like this to save your ass.

Sometimes the most earnest effort to be helpful falls on deaf ears. Don't blame the messenger.

Load Metric
    I sent 2.5 btc from a wallet to another. Didn't really pay attention to fees.

Turns out the fee was automated at 0.0001469 (0.19 usd). It has been hours and it hasn't gone through.

I looked at other transactions going through and it appears had I put another 5-7 cents into it, it may have already went through.

Now I'm left in an endless waiting game where I just hope & pray.

Load Metric
    You have been given adequate warning in this thread already.

As Bitcoin ETF Nears, Analysts Warn of Trading Frenzy

https://www.wsj.com/articles/irratio...tfs-1486350601
    SanImar:

Do you believe this article and the possibility of a potential frenzy?

Have you stocked up on btc?

As an informed person on these kind of things I trust your unbiased opinion- I believe you are hinting at a huge price rise soon but I just want to check to make sure I understand this correctly.

TIA
    BALLIN'!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Turns out the fee was automated at 0.0001469 (0.19 usd). It has been hours and it hasn't gone through.

I looked at other transactions going through and it appears had I put another 5-7 cents into it, it may have already went through.

My understanding is if it doesn't get processed the transaction will drop off the network after 72 hours.
    BALLIN'!!

Gold
    Load Metric
    You were warned at $40, $200, $400

It is rare that you get a second chances like this to save your ass.

Sometimes the most earnest effort to be helpful falls on deaf ears. Don't blame the messenger.
    Who is going to all at once sell off their BTC because of this ?

You're on the 'everyone get out of BTC because it will fail' ? It is still 1/25th the size of a large international company.

It will keep going up until it no longer goes up. This ETF thing says we're headed towards volatility, I don't see why it means BTC is headed down. If anything, it is just more reason to be bearish?

Gold
    Load Metric

No need to pray. The BTC will just time out and be back in your wallet. It is sorta shitty how that stuff works, but this is still totally normal behavior. If the payment doesn't go through, it is never spent and will revert.

Load Metric
    BTC plummeting and changing wildly as we speak

Comments

MumblesBadly: See post below.
    BALLIN'!!

Load Metric

As a follow up it did go through in the end.

But it did leave a sour taste in my mouth. I want the security of blockchain technology but increased speed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    No need to pray. The BTC will just time out and be back in your wallet. It is sorta shitty how that stuff works,
    gee, you think?

Load Metric
    Uh, oh.

Two of China's Biggest Exchanges Stop Bitcoin Withdrawals
    http://www.coindesk.com/two-chinas-b...n-withdrawals/

Pete Rizzo (@pete_rizzo_) |Published on February 9, 2017 at 13:00 GMT NEWS

UPDATE (9th February 16:22 BST): This article has been updated with new information regarding BTCC’s bitcoin and litecoin withdrawal policy.

Two of China's most widely used bitcoin exchanges have announced that they will suspend bitcoin and litecoin withdrawals for one month effective immediately.

Yuan recharge, withdrawals and other services will not be affected, the exchanges said.

In public posts that showcase the increasingly coordinated nature of exchange policy in the region, both OKCoin and Huobi said today that the move was a bid to bolster their anti-money laundering (AML) capabilities and prevent "illegal transactions". In the case of OKCoin, only it's OKCoin.cn portal is affected.

Both OKCoin and Huobi indicated that their platforms would now go through an “upgrade” to combat “money laundering, exchange, pyramid schemes and other illegal activities”, though no further details were provided.

Following the publication of this article, BTCC announced that it would also upgrade its internal systems. In the meantime, the exchange said, bitcoin and litecoin withdrawals will take 72 hours to process.

All told, the move comes amid a rocky period for local exchanges that began with the wider scrutiny of major bitcoin exchanges by the People's Bank of China (PBOC), the country's central bank.

Earlier today, China's central bank issued a warning to domestic exchanges, going so far as to state it would move to shutter startups that violated its guidance through the necessary government channels.

In statements provided to CoinDesk, Huobi indicated that the move was a proactive one that found the two exchanges seeking to "promote bitcoin industry self-discipline".

Name:  image.png
Views: 403
Size:  7.9 KB

Views: 377
Size:  7.2 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Uh, oh.

Two of China's Biggest Exchanges Stop Bitcoin Withdrawals
    http://www.coindesk.com/two-chinas-b...n-withdrawals/

Pete Rizzo (@pete_rizzo_) |Published on February 9, 2017 at 13:00 GMT NEWS

UPDATE (9th February 16:22 BST): This article has been updated with new information regarding BTCC’s bitcoin and litecoin withdrawal policy.

Two of China's most widely used bitcoin exchanges have announced that they will suspend bitcoin and litecoin withdrawals for one month effective immediately.

Yuan recharge, withdrawals and other services will not be affected, the exchanges said.

In public posts that showcase the increasingly coordinated nature of exchange policy in the region, both OKCoin and Huobi said today that the move was a bid to bolster their anti-money laundering (AML) capabilities and prevent "illegal transactions". In the case of OKCoin, only it's OKCoin.cn portal is affected.

Both OKCoin and Huobi indicated that their platforms would now go through an “upgrade” to combat “money laundering, exchange, pyramid schemes and other illegal activities”, though no further details were provided.

Following the publication of this article, BTCC announced that it would also upgrade its internal systems. In the meantime, the exchange said, bitcoin and litecoin withdrawals will take 72 hours to process.

All told, the move comes amid a rocky period for local exchanges that began with the wider scrutiny of major bitcoin exchanges by the People's Bank of China (PBOC), the country's central bank.

Earlier today, China's central bank issued a warning to domestic exchanges, going so far as to state it would move to shutter startups that violated its guidance through the necessary government channels.

In statements provided to CoinDesk, Huobi indicated that the move was a proactive one that found the two exchanges seeking to "promote bitcoin industry self-discipline".

Views: 403
Size:  7.9 KB

Views: 377
Size:  7.2 KB

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information