Page 367 of 418 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,340 of 8358

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    boooooooooooooo booooooooooo this man

Load Metric
    Remember back in 2013, Druff was telling everyone that Bitcoin was way over-priced when Bitcoin was at $100?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    OK, so is this even legal? Im curious to hear what lawyers educated in this area have to say.

Odds are I'm barking at nothing, because I cant imagine a billion dollar company not doing their legal dd before implementing this, right? but still..

Im on Coinbase and got this prompt today to urge me into buying Doge because there was a "sweepstakes".

The requirements for entry to the sweepstakes are apparently that you have to "opt in" to the sweepstakes (whatever the hell that even means)

Then you have to buy or sell $100 worth of Dogecoin to be
    Actually "entered" into the sweepstakes.

This of course requires you to spend money one way or the other -(even if you theoretically bought and sold at the same price, you are still spending money for their trading fee)

Then the terms/conditions say "no purchase necessary"

How can that be? Im literally required to make a purchase in order to be added to the sweepstakes. Im not going to get 100% of my money back unless the price goes up enough so i can sell to even break even.

Here are a few of the screenshots from mobile.

Name:  20210606_001549.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  133.4 KB

Name:  20210606_001503.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  175.4 KB

Name:  20210606_001515.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  65.0 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    OK, so is this even legal? Im curious to hear what lawyers educated in this area have to say.
    I saw the same thing and read the contest terms in depth before. Apparently you can also send them 3x5 letter to a NY address with your info and be entered in the contest for the cost of sending that. I would be curious to how many people enter that way.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    My crystal ball is telling me that in the next several years you are going to see the shit hit the fan for Coinbase. After all of the weird and shady shit ive seen with that site, mark my words.

Whether it is class action lawsuits, government investigations (ESPECIALLY now that they are a publicly traded company), or a little of both.

You can book it.

Load Metric
    "Wow, grandpa you had a chance to buy Bitcoin when it was only $36K a coin back in 2021?"

"Yeah, but the owner of a poker forum website talked me out of it."

(Future conversation with your grandson in 2050. Bitcoin is currently $3.5 million a coin)

Comments

Daly: Have fun staying poor!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

It’s 70/30 I’d say and the 30 that are here are high on the 10 point scale.

I’m a little surprised frankly, I’d suspect you would have been right if I wasn’t here.
    Up north we call them hookers. They take Bitcoin?

Trust me I’d love to go along with the joke. The amount of seemingly independent women at this thing was something that I took away.

Keep in mind a ticket to this was between 500-1000 depending on when you bought (flex).

Load Metric
    It was a kind of cool experience to be at the conference for the El Salvador announcement. I do think it’s a bigger deal then most are letting on and absolutely brilliant on their part in a few different ways. If I’m an early adopter and I have 50M of gains to realize right now I’m packing my bags and I’m taking a trip down to find whatever they consider the best place to live. There should be a few thousand people looking to do this. I’d never suggest not paying your obligations but if you establish residency and citizenship it’s not longer a tax event.

I am laughing at the Twitter people who now say becuase it’s legal tender in a country it’s now a foreign currency per US laws and thus not taxable....? First of all that’s wrong, and second of all LOL, good luck with the IRS.

Load Metric
    no offense but you know next to nothing about finance, investing, markets, or even sports betting tbh. It’s laughable that you would pay to attend something akin to the gathering of the juggalos, but alas not surprising in the least considering u thought cydy had cured all of the world’s major diseases. You’re a moron of the highest order; fitting right at home with the rest of the braindead in the crypto community.

LMFAO @ EL SALVADOR

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    no offense but you know next to nothing about finance, investing, markets, or even sports betting tbh. It’s laughable that you would pay to attend something akin to the gathering of the juggalos, but alas not surprising in the least considering u thought cydy had cured all of the world’s major diseases. You’re a moron of the highest order; fitting right at home with the rest of the braindead in the crypto community.

LMFAO @ EL SALVADOR
    Krypt from the internet doesn’t think highly of me. Somehow I’ll have to find a way to make it though my day.

Load Metric
    Elon Musk's Tesla company still has $1 Billion in Bitcoin.

Elon will keep bashing Bitcoin so he can buy it cheap or if it keeps going up he will sell everything before the end of the next fiscal quarter.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    It was a kind of cool experience to be at the conference for the El Salvador announcement. I do think it’s a bigger deal then most are letting on and absolutely brilliant on their part in a few different ways. If I’m an early adopter and I have 50M of gains to realize right now I’m packing my bags and I’m taking a trip down to find whatever they consider the best place to live. There should be a few thousand people looking to do this. I’d never suggest not paying your obligations but if you establish residency and citizenship it’s not longer a tax event.

I am laughing at the Twitter people who now say becuase it’s legal tender in a country it’s now a foreign currency per US laws and thus not taxable....? First of all that’s wrong, and second of all LOL, good luck with the IRS.
    Yeah the El Salvador idiocy on Twitter is a sight to behold, even by Twitter standards.

Many people don't understand how US tax obligations work. If you want to avoid US income tax, the only surefire way to do this is to renounce your citizenship and leave the US. Simply leaving the US or spending the money elsewhere doeesn't work.

People are saying things like, "If you exchange dollars into euros for a visit to France, and the euros go up against the dollar, you don't owe taxes for any gain you realized there", but they can't make the same comparison to bitcoin.

Among the problems:

1) Bitcoin being legal tender in El Salvador doesn't make it equivalent to El Salvadorian currency, nor could that argument be coherently made.

2) Any gains realized PRIOR to El Salvador making it legal currency definitely wouldn't be something that a US citizen could go to El Salvador and cash out or spend tax-free.

3) You'd owe tax on foreign exchange gains anyway.

The El Salvadorian aannouncement is at least interesting because it signals some functional use of bitcoin besides gambling and shady internet transactions, and that by itself might see BTC gain back some of its recent losses.

Don't mind young Krpyt. He's going through one of those phases where he thinks he's too good for everyone here, yet he's forgetting that he's the same guy posting about Craigslist hookers and attempting Paypal chargebacks. Would be great to have that Krpyt back (minus the chargebacks), and not the present arrogant version who has to posture regarding his level of sophistication. That bitcoin conference does seem like something that would be interesting to see in person, as long as you go there with some skepticism and don't drink all of the groupthink crypto koolaid.

Load Metric
    Not everyone is going to renounce their U.S. citizenship to avoid taxes.

Some people have dual citizenship.

They have an American passport and maybe a passport from Malta or some other "tax friendly" country.

They simply use their non-American passport to open a bank account in a foreign country.

Coinbase, Binance.us and FTX.us are crypto exchanges that do KYC (Know Your Customer) verification, you must send them photos of IDs and do bank verification in order to use their exchange at higher limits.

There are Decentralized Exchanges that do not do KYC, such as Kucoin, you only need a email address to sign up and you can access them from America with no problems right now.

Regulation of Cryptocurrency is coming.
    Blame Elon Musk.

Not Financial Advice.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Not everyone is going to renounce their U.S. citizenship to avoid taxes.

Some people have dual citizenship.

They have an American passport and maybe a passport from Malta or some other "tax friendly" country.

They simply use their non-American passport to open a bank account in a foreign country.

Coinbase, Binance.us and FTX.us are crypto exchanges that do KYC (Know Your Customer) verification, you must send them photos of IDs and do bank verification in order to use their exchange at higher limits.

There are Decentralized Exchanges that do not do KYC, such as Kucoin, you only need a email address to sign up and you can access them from America with no problems right now.

Regulation of Cryptocurrency is coming.
    Blame Elon Musk.

Not Financial Advice.

you’ve obviously never heard of FACTA have you. Even as a dual citizen if a financial institution has knowledge somebody has US Citizenship as well they are obligated to report such accounts to the US Govt and additionally the Individual who has said account attempts to hide its existence it’s essentially considered prima facia evidence for potential tax evasion charges. This coming from somebody who does indeed have dual citizenship as do several of my family members (my cousins kid is 14 and is a citizen of Canada US and Mexico so she’s really got a party going on).

Load Metric
    You mean the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).

The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a 2010 United States federal law requiring all non-U.S. foreign financial institutions (FFIs) to search their records for customers with indicia of a connection to the U.S., including indications in records of birth or prior residency in the U.S., or the like, and to report the assets and identities of such persons to the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
    There are also some other worldwide bank compliance and money laundering acts too.

The multi-millionaires and Billionaires that are engaged in tax avoidance use special trusts, foundations and other corporate entities to pay as little tax as possible.

Load Metric
    feds just recovered millions of dollars from the pipeline BTC ransom payment.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    You also thought naming our quasi burger related startup borger king was gonna exempt us from trademark laws you fucking idiot

Load Metric
    U.S. seizes $2.3 million in bitcoin paid to Colonial Pipeline hackers

https://news.yahoo.com/news/u-recove...190713297.html

An affidavit filed on Monday said the FBI was in possession of a private key to unlock a bitcoin wallet that had received most of the funds. It was unclear how the FBI gained access to the key.
    So the hackers only got away with $2.1 million in Bitcoin.

Crime still pays, just be careful with your private keys.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    feds just recovered millions of dollars from the pipeline BTC ransom payment.

I thought anonymity was the whole point

I am going to need a review.

Thread Information