Page 271 of 419 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 8362

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...currency-scam/

AriseBank ICO raided by feds.

Misunderstanding etc etc.

Have some class. DonaldTrumpsHairPiece has a big bet and has gone dark. No bashing until his 2-3 month trade is done.

god that post of his broke my heart.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also to expand on this drop in price in BTC another reason why I feel this is not the public for the most part is because if you just look on Coinmarketcap this entire year the entire board is either dead red or dead green.

The public is not controlling the board like that. There are major groups of people who are loading 10s and 100s of millions of dollars onto these exchanges and pumping and dumping the shit out of a lot of these coins.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I closed my position, 5K winner off one future in one day. Easy $$$.

I'll reopen one next week since I won't be my desk all weekend.

Comments

sonatine: reinvest in cocaine and hookers immed

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Good Trade Rep

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Also to expand on this drop in price in BTC another reason why I feel this is not the public for the most part is because if you just look on Coinmarketcap this entire year the entire board is either dead red or dead green.

The public is not controlling the board like that. There are major groups of people who are loading 10s and 100s of millions of dollars onto these exchanges and pumping and dumping the shit out of a lot of these coins.
    Can you expand on your thoughts here? I am not following your point.

Load Metric
    Mind telling me how you did that monster j ? In detail please cus tbh idk shit about it but would love to learn.thanks

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post

My point is every currency graph here for about the past 30-40 days looks more or less EXACTLY the same. They all move up and down at the same time.

https://coinmarketcap.com/

I just don't think the price of BTC is going down because the public is done with it.

It is something bigger on a larger scale. I'm not exactly sure how much buying and selling it takes to move the price on this stuff but the fact that they are all moving more or less at the same rate up and down etc.. makes me believe that joe shmo public is not the reason Bitcoin is going down.

Load Metric
    sooooo...

Comments

snake_in_the_ass: be nice, we might lose a forum member

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

You're not a fan of the rich and powerful leveraging their existing wealth to further prey on the weak majority? It sounds like you have a philosophical objection to capitalism.

And I'm no crypto analyst, but I'm pretty sure that the reason all of those graphs look the same is because they all follow BTC.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

You're not a fan of the rich and powerful leveraging their existing wealth to further prey on the weak majority? It sounds like you have a philosophical objection to capitalism.

And I'm no crypto analyst, but I'm pretty sure that the reason all of those graphs look the same is because they all follow BTC.
    Where did I ever say I was not a fan of this?

And if I ever did say this I would be a hypocrite because I prey on the weak majority almost every day

And What does they all follow bitcoin mean?
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 02-02-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Load Metric

And if I ever did say this I would be a hypocrite because I prey on the weak majority almost every day
    So you're a member of one of these "major groups" you describe so mysteriously?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

No, I play poker and gamble a lot and prey on the weak

Load Metric

No, I play poker and gamble a lot and prey on the weak
    Oh. That's a much fairer fight.

Load Metric
    actual footage of bitcoin cash prices in the last week:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Mind telling me how you did that monster j ? In detail please cus tbh idk shit about it but would love to learn.thanks
    Open a brokerage account that can trade futures. I think you need 25K in assets or cash loaded into your account, maybe more I am not sure exactly. I use Interactive Brokers.

1 future = 5 bit coin.

I sold one @ 9600 and paid 8600 on one to close my position. $1000 * 5 bit coin = 5K.

These type of products are usually only for professionals, I had some very concrete stop losses so I don't go broke naked selling like this. I am no longer in the industry, but traded at a trading firm for many years. Good Luck!

Comments

big dick: Thanks you

Bronze
    Load Metric

My point is every currency graph here for about the past 30-40 days looks more or less EXACTLY the same. They all move up and down at the same time.

https://coinmarketcap.com/

I just don't think the price of BTC is going down because the public is done with it.

It is something bigger on a larger scale. I'm not exactly sure how much buying and selling it takes to move the price on this stuff but the fact that they are all moving more or less at the same rate up and down etc.. makes me believe that joe shmo public is not the reason Bitcoin is going down.
    Joe Schmo is almost never the reason any financial markets move, one big swinger can buy entire books and move the market more than 10000 small timers. Reason being is smaller timers all don't do the same thing, some buy some sell, and for the most part they cancel each other out and don't move shit.

Look at almost every major stock, almost all are 80% or more institutionally owned.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: This Guy Knows Rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Open a brokerage account that can trade futures. I think you need 25K in assets or cash loaded into your account, maybe more I am not sure exactly. I use Interactive Brokers.

1 future = 5 bit coin.

I sold one @ 9600 and paid 8600 on one to close my position. $1000 * 5 bit coin = 5K.

These type of products are usually only for professionals, I had some very concrete stop losses so I don't go broke naked selling like this. I am no longer in the industry, but traded at a trading firm for many years. Good Luck!
    TD Ameritrade also has it, just checked and my account has that availability.

you prop trade before monsterj?

Comments

snake_in_the_ass: E-Trade too

Gold
    Load Metric
    I closed my position, 5K winner off one future in one day. Easy $$$.

I'll reopen one next week since I won't be my desk all weekend.
    Congrats. But according to Sonatine, bitcoin cannot be traded for profit. Looks like he was proven wrong again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like it's going to hang in the 8000-8900 range for a bit.

But that's a pretty bad medium-term prognosis, because after the crash down to 7600, it rallied up to 9k, but immediately fell from there pretty much the second it touched that point.

There have been some mini-crashes and mini-rallies since, but it never gets to 9k.

The fact that 9k -- just a few days ago considered a bottom resistance point -- is now a strong top resistance point -- is not good.

I think we are headed for the 7000-7900 range in not too long, where the same pattern may follow.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Since I might be sleeping or unavailable during the inevitable next crash, please save this, and play it as mood music while it occurs.

Comments

sonatine: you can count on me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Looks like it's going to hang in the 8000-8900 range for a bit.

But that's a pretty bad medium-term prognosis, because after the crash down to 7600, it rallied up to 9k, but immediately fell from there pretty much the second it touched that point.

There have been some mini-crashes and mini-rallies since, but it never gets to 9k.

The fact that 9k -- just a few days ago considered a bottom resistance point -- is now a strong top resistance point -- is not good.

I think we are headed for the 7000-7900 range in not too long, where the same pattern may follow.
    You say this because of what?

We really don't have a strong pattern going here at the moment. All of these so called expert nerds who have sit there watching btc every waking moment for the past 6+ years can't tell us what will happen, nor can you. All of us can make guesses and I have done plenty myself but right now it's insanely hard to predict.

With anything people can get burned but it seems like their is some money to be made doing fast shorts here such as buying at 7.5k if it dips to that and getting out at 8.5k, which could happen in a few hours or days netting like a 12% return on something that has withheld the test of time no matter how much many of us thought it would be a joke.

You could hold on longer here too but creating a sell point isn't a bad idea then reinvesting working with profits to freeroll what happens in the future as plenty of investors have done over the years.

Just like the stock market which had it's worst day in a long ass time today you take the risk in crypto but it's no different then medium to higher risk stocks that a lot of people will put money in to so any person who does it has to be aware of what could happen and for those who put their entire life savings/401ks all into crypto well they are idiots plain and simple.

btw clearly the range you say isn't too far off where btc is currently so it very well could happen but my point is right now it's hard to predict.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Yep Druff has already been proven wrong

BetCheckBet:

Thread Information