Page 342 of 418 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 8356

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Anyone in for a friendly 1k-2k holdem game tonight?

China is god

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Was I right about the $20k resistance point, or what? I didn't panic after the first almost-20k crash, let it rise back over 19k, and sold.

We still haven't seen $20k. Now it's crashed and is slightly under $18k.

I bailed out at the right time at $19200 or so.

Go back, you'll see I stated that it will crash before 20k, then possibly move well over.

Load Metric
    There is 1 Bottom line in this thread!

Micon was right!

More to come

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Anyone know how I can buy bitcoin without paying cash app or other fees? Anyone selling? I’m looking for a few thousand so if druff is willing to escrow or you’re willing to meet in person in the Chicago area let me know.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    im seeing more and more of these transactions pop up, people moving their coin to coinbase:

you know why?

so they can dump.

Load Metric
    In May 2019 NFL player Russell Okung tweeted "Pay me in Bitcoin" and now that appears to be happening.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/nfl-play...aid-in-bitcoin

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    In the good old Donkdown days I had like 20 bitcoins, I believe value was like 1-2$ each, we just gave them away or played the occasional 1 bitcoin buyin sit&go if I remember correctly.

I should probably cry a little.

Comments

OSA: hahaha moron

Gordman: Offset
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    It's hard to believe that Micon became a millionaire by accumulating Bitcoins which he needed to do because he had a poker website that only uses Bitcoins.

Just dumb luck.

Comments

garrett: Hopefully the guy is living in his own "Paradise" of sorts, not a bad guy never was...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    im seeing more and more of these transactions pop up, people moving their coin to coinbase:

you know why?

so they can dump.

cmon Sonatine you are hopefully a little brighter then this in reality. Don't be such a blockhead toward Bitcoin, explain what's actually going on now really a bit better then this..

You have a situation now in the Bitcoin world where the 'new' money moving into Bitcoin and starting to acquire it is actually the Professional money. Its Wall St., and Funds themselves are all buying positions in Bitcoin as opposed say Gold, or some commodity like that because of one overwhelming thing in the Economy. We keep printing so much money we are inevitably heading towards inflation and a possible recession and fast. The 'Smart" money, and Wall St. money is moving there wealth into more safe and recession proof areas, like Bitcoin. And this spike in Price is because of all that new "Demand" now, coming in acquiring Bitcoin. Its as a Hedge against a coming Inflationary period or recession obviously...

So this very large historic 'Spike' in price relative to Bitcoin is actually because, the new money is moving into Bitcoin for the first time ever. The 'Smart' money and Wall St. funds are starting to acquire and buy Bitcoin now, for the first time ever now. This isnt slowing down or leveling off until somewhere between 30k-36k and then after that I expect this Bitcoin run to go into the 50k range too actually, the sky is the limit, when this much actual real and new 'demand' is existing, price is gonna keep going up....

its fascinating really....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I believe Micon has very little BTC.

He went all-in on Bitcoin Cash a few years ago. This is partially due to the fact that he worships Roger Ver, who is a prominent figure in the Bitcoin Cash scene. Remember when Micon was pictured on a private jet? That belonged to Roger Ver. I believe he traded all of his BTC in for Bitcoin Cash, around the time of the fork.

Unfortunately for Micon, Bitcoin Cash hasn't seen the 2020 appreciation which bitcoin has. Bitcoin Cash is actually LOWER now than it was in mid-February, but bitcoin has tripled since then.

I believe most of Micon's net worth came from accumulating BTC while running Seals (including its successor which was supposedly run by someone else). I don't believe it came from being an early adopter of bitcoin, and then sitting on them.

Strangely enough, from what I knew of Micon's personality at the time, he could be astoundingly rich if he just didn't have a gambling problem. He was a staunch believer in bitcoin in 2011 when it was $5, but he shot off all or most of them gambling. Otherwise, he's totally the type who I could have seen holding them, believing they'd be worth $100k each one day. Amazingly, we're more than 25% of the way there.

I think he'd be broke if it weren't for Seals. However, since Seals fed him a constant stream of BTC, and BTC rose dramatically during that time, that probably set him up for life.

That's my best guess.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'M GAY I SOLD ETH AT 640 AND PUT IT INTO ETF'S BECAUSE I LURK stockamets

Comments

sonatine: mazeltov!

Load Metric

He went all-in on Bitcoin Cash a few years ago.
    There was another Antiguan former poker site owner who went all in on Bitcoin Cash. Literally everything he had, or so he claimed.

Calvin Ayre

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Will we see the huge January drop off like a few years ago is the question?

I lost too much back then holding on longer than I should have.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a crash tomorrow, given that the BTC events of 2020 look incredibly similar to 2017, including time-of-year run-ups

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a crash tomorrow, given that the BTC events of 2020 look incredibly similar to 2017, including time-of-year run-ups
    I doubt it. If anything is over-priced it is stocks. There could be a huge stock market crash because this pandemic is not over and the rollout for vaccines is taking too long. I predict in the next year, gold & silver will double in value. Bitcoin will continue to increase in value, by 2022, it will be over $100,000 a Bitcoin. Stock market may crash and be reduced by as much as 80% in value.

The Democratic solution will be to print as much money as possible. National debt may go from $30 trillion to $50 trillion.

But at least Donald Trump is no longer President.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

I doubt it. If anything is over-priced it is stocks. There could be a huge stock market crash because this pandemic is not over and the rollout for vaccines is taking too long. I predict in the next year, gold & silver will double in value. Bitcoin will continue to increase in value, by 2022, it will be over $100,000 a Bitcoin. Stock market may crash and be reduced by as much as 80% in value.

The Democratic solution will be to print as much money as possible. National debt may go from $30 trillion to $50 trillion.

But at least Donald Trump is no longer President.

If they keep the printer running, it will just devalue the currency and the markets will keep going up?

Combine that with being able to borrow money for nothing........

Thread Information