Page 335 of 418 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 8349

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    10,000 resistance point is real

Went up to 99xx, sat there a few days, then a crash to 8500.

Load Metric
    imo... its not so much a resistance level as the halving sending everyone packing. the ecosystem is, to an extent, propped up by its own economy aka the miners. this just put out a lot of their lights so naturally, people are unloading.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    coinbase mysteriously faulting.

also you might be more right about the 10k resistance barrier than i allowed. its totally plausible that people just know theres going to be a selloff at 10k and they want to be first to the life rafts.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's an article about the Coinbase crash, which nobody can explain, and is happening more often than it should: https://www.forbes.com/sites/billyba...nbase-warning/

I would suggest getting your coin off there and joining a different exchange. If Binance works in your market, I'd suggest that.

Here's a review and a referral link to get $15: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...-US-and-get-15

Comments

jacosta24:

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Free Audiobook on YouTube .... at least for now.

Ross Ulbricht, Dread Pirate Roberts and Silk Road.

It’s really really good. Ulbricht’s childhood friends, girlfriends and family are interviewed so his whole personality is fleshed out. All the characters come to life. His mother was a piece of work.

The Fed investigators who helped themselves to a little taste of the Silk Road Bitcoin treasure. Reminded me a little of the McMillions documentary in that we got to learn who the investigators were as people.

This thread (Sonatine) delivered as we witnessed the story unraveling in real time. Riveting and strange. I knew shit about about Bitcoin and TOR and women before this thread. One of my favorite things on PFA at the time.

I remember arguing with Sonatine about whether DPR was one guy or several, for instance. I couldn’t tell you which side either of us were on but I was entertained.

So I hung on every detail and remember it all but nevertheless the above book puts personalities behind the names and it’s a great nostalgic exercise to boot.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Heard author interviewed on a podcast and was planning to buy - this is even better thx

BCR:

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    JK Rowling trying to score cool points again after getting shamed last year by SJWs for taking the feminists' side over the trans women.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ever since the recent bitcoin halving transaction fees are getting out of control at times. This morning it's $6 (average) to send from blockchain to any address for anything over $100.

I will never buy btc again from these Binance goons. It cost me $5 just to move some money off of there when finally approved after several days.

They can't be serious Gemini fees way less and give me I believe10 free transactions a month to move it out of there.

Also, if I were to buy on coinbase it's much cheaper to move out then binance.

Depending on what I need on coinbase I could buy a few hundred bucks worth with instant access using debit card with it's fee (it's a 72 hour hold on binance) and pay a way lesser fee to move it out (most of the times under $1) .

So what I'm saying to you all is Binance = JOKE unless you are always moving around thousands at a time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Ever since the recent bitcoin halving transaction fees are getting out of control at times. This morning it's $6 (average) to send from blockchain to any address for anything over $100.

I will never buy btc again from these Binance goons. It cost me $5 just to move some money off of there when finally approved after several days.

They can't be serious Gemini fees way less and give me I believe10 free transactions a month to move it out of there.

Depending on what I need on coinbase I could buy a few hundred bucks worth with instant access using debit card with it's fee (it's a 72 hour hold on binance) and pay a way lesser fee to move it out (most of the times under $1) .

So what I'm saying to you all is Binance = JOKE unless you are always moving around thousands at a time.
    What do you mean by $5 fees?

I never got charged fees to move money into my bank account.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

It’s really really good. Ulbricht’s childhood friends, girlfriends and family are interviewed so his whole personality is fleshed out. All the characters come to life. His mother was a piece of work.

The Fed investigators who helped themselves to a little taste of the Silk Road Bitcoin treasure. Reminded me a little of the McMillions documentary in that we got to learn who the investigators were as people.

This thread (Sonatine) delivered as we witnessed the story unraveling in real time. Riveting and strange. I knew shit about about Bitcoin and TOR and women before this thread. One of my favorite things on PFA at the time.

I remember arguing with Sonatine about whether DPR was one guy or several, for instance. I couldn’t tell you which side either of us were on but I was entertained.

So I hung on every detail and remember it all but nevertheless the above book puts personalities behind the names and it’s a great nostalgic exercise to boot.

Thank you for this. Started this on my walk today and then was engrossed for another four hours after I got back. About halfway through. I knew this entire story from the legal end.

I knew crypto had many fans in the Libertarian/Austrian Economics crowd, but I had no idea what a true believer Ulbricht started as. As someone who read a lot of two plus two politics circa 2004/05(didn’t participate much), that was the conversation there every day. The forum was dominated by it at one point.

It was Mises and the Austrian theory all day every day. I’m guessing he had to stumble upon it at one time. I can’t imagine there was a place where it was discussed more. The first few hours of the book discussing his time at Penn State and basically dropping out because he was consumed with it, everything the author describes was basically a two plus two thread every day.

I’m of a fan of the variety jones character so far. I always like the guy behind the guy. As I said, little less than half way through. Super entertaining so far.

I’m always amazed how the reality of something hits otherwise smart people so late. Waking up to Chuck Schumer on your tv taking about you. How he didn’t run for the hills immediately. That you think you’re untouchable when you start something like that. The mental disconnect. Great listen

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

You didn't read what I said.

I bought bitcoin on binance having to wait days to even touch it because of their shitty long wait policy to move it off the site.

When it was finally approved and I sent it to my blockchain wallet it cost over $5 to do that.

I know these fees are up because of the halving but I get 10 free transactions a month without a fee if I want to send out of Gemini to blockchain or anywhere else so I'll never use Binance again for buying btc. They are slow with higher fees at least for me than Gemini using their activetrader interface.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Which site? Coinbase def charges a fee to go from BTC to USD Bank account but Gemini does not. If you use Gemini, what has the experience been like?

Comments

unchainedghost: Gemini is straight af ime

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Thank you for this. Started this on my walk today and then was engrossed for another four hours after I got back. About halfway through. I knew this entire story from the legal end.

I knew crypto had many fans in the Libertarian/Austrian Economics crowd, but I had no idea what a true believer Ulbricht started as. As someone who read a lot of two plus two politics circa 2004/05(didn’t participate much), that was the conversation there every day. The forum was dominated by it at one point.

It was Mises and the Austrian theory all day every day. I’m guessing he had to stumble upon it at one time. I can’t imagine there was a place where it was discussed more. The first few hours of the book discussing his time at Penn State and basically dropping out because he was consumed with it, everything the author describes was basically a two plus two thread every day.

I’m of a fan of the variety jones character so far. I always like the guy behind the guy. As I said, little less than half way through. Super entertaining so far.

I’m always amazed how the reality of something hits otherwise smart people so late. Waking up to Chuck Schumer on your tv taking about you. How he didn’t run for the hills immediately. That you think you’re untouchable when you start something like that. The mental disconnect. Great listen
    Even though I knew just about all of this story I’m 9 hours into this and it’s great. It’s amazing how little cooperation there in was between all the different agencies investigating him, and that’s just in the U.S.

Also I can’t help but think in an alternate timeline this could’ve just as easily been about Micon instead of Ulbricht.

Load Metric
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...oin-and-dollar

oh look, the chinese government is rolling out a digital currency infrastructure that literally might largely replace cash around the world.

hey remember when our government used to do things that werent embarrassing?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    sonatine will enjoy this one

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billyba...oin-rebellion/

The Pentagon "wargamed" an assumed-plausible scenario from 2025 where Generation Z rose into rebellion against US government, funding it with bitcoin.

The concern seems to be that Generation Z will be the first generation "completely comfortable with technology", and might use it for some sort of civil warfare.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    https://news.bitcoin.com/chinese-aut...bank-accounts/

Chinese Authority Freezes Thousands of Cryptocurrency Traders' Bank Accounts

if only someone had warned them that bitcoins were donkdown.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    wtf?

any context, tine?
    Hi Lew!!!

Thread Information