Page 416 of 419 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419 LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,320 of 8362

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    60k now. Hard to believe this doesn’t collapse but at same time I don’t get the sense the media or general population really talking about this so you have to wonder if a lot of casuals about to jump in.
    Collapse correction not likely until the halving of the reward happens in the next 2 weeks at least.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_Banana View Post
    Sonatine started this thread when Bitcoin was $250.

and i'll end it when its $250 again.

btw daly a lot of institutional money cant get into the ETFs because theres a 90 day maturation phase / lockout window before they can ape.

110k isnt an unrealistic number.
    I’ll give ya this your persistent Tine but I’m afraid we will both be dead before BTC drops back to $250. Closest we’ve seen was when it dropped to ETHs current valuation range early in Bidens presidency. Given there are countries now involved actually in owning it. I don’t think the likely hood will become reality of it even getting back to $1000.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

btw daly a lot of institutional money cant get into the ETFs because theres a 90 day maturation phase / lockout window before they can ape.

I’ll give ya this your persistent Tine but I’m afraid we will both be dead before BTC drops back to $250. Closest we’ve seen was when it dropped to ETHs current valuation range early in Bidens presidency. Given there are countries now involved actually in owning it. I don’t think the likely hood will become reality of it even getting back to $1000.
    no lies detected but 2 things can kill it overnight; an significant exploit or a better mousetrap being forked. not implying my point isnt obvious and hasnt been made before of course. but the past criticisms of btc were ever solved, they were just ignored.

Comments

garrett: idiot
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

no lies detected but 2 things can kill it overnight; an significant exploit or a better mousetrap being forked. not implying my point isnt obvious and hasnt been made before of course. but the past criticisms of btc were ever solved, they were just ignored.

Load Metric
    So i am as long term (reasonably) bullish as anyone.

The problem with all “da maths” these HODLErs conjure to say the price should be $850k or 2M or whatever it is has one fundamental flaw.

At some pont between here and 2M is there are 15 Million coins that are owned for 40K or much much less.

That means someone who has even 3.25 coins in his wallet can sell one of them and get enough money to buy a house, a fully loaded Escalade and a 2 week trip to Aruba at $500K.

15 Million people need to pass on that sale for the price to rise above that.

Not saying that cant happen over the next ten years but its taken 15M people who bought sub $100 to pass on selling 2 at 50K and buying the escalade.

Thats what i mean by the compression of price swing. This time it may 3-5x next swing its probably 2-4x

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_Banana View Post
    Sonatine started this thread when Bitcoin was $250.

Is it?

I mean your point is spot on and you know every money man with a stock account is front running the institutional buy.

Maybe it does hit $110K wouldn't be shocked to see a large exit selling to institutions. May cause a stall.

Good to think about.

Load Metric
    odds an administration decides to make it illegal to transact with it?

if so, price then?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Is it?

I mean your point is spot on and you know every money man with a stock account is front running the institutional buy.

Maybe it does hit $110K wouldn't be shocked to see a large exit selling to institutions. May cause a stall.

Good to think about.

at first i was thinking that a sell off because 'priced in etc' was inevitable but i think the most likely result at this point is just total and utter stagnation. just months and months of chop.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    61.5. Ath 68

We just breached the weekly high of $65,450 give or take.

The second by second ATH in dollars is $68,999.99 we arent far off from that. My guess is tomorrow but this thing has gone straight up

Load Metric
    Doge coin also having second rally
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    For whatever its worth I sold my MTSR position. Proceeds will likely get reinvested in FBTC/GBTC once I get comfortable with which way the market is going from here. Its been a very profitable month I am ok with locking in the win on this part of the investment.

MTSR is now ~10B more than its bitcoin holdings/Debt. I don't think the street feels the core business is worth 10B. Whats likely happening here is a short squeeze of giant proportions.

Nothing wrong with holding here, its not even what I am scared of. With this big a premium I could very easily see Saylor waking up and issuing 10b worth of shares on the market and going out and buying 150,000 bitcoin with it. Now that would be great as a BTC holder, but as a stockholder he is trading your premium for more bitcoin. I could see this happen easily.

Load Metric
    Lol - i have taken a lot of bows over the years in the wagering thread for making predictions. This one unfolded in 3 hours

TYSONS CORNER, Va., March 04, 2024--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR) ("MicroStrategy") today announced that it intends to offer, subject to market conditions and other factors, $600 million aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2030 (the "notes") in a private offering to persons reasonably believed to be qualified institutional buyers in reliance on Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"). MicroStrategy also expects to grant to the initial purchasers of the notes an option to purchase, within a 13-day period beginning on, and including, the date on which the notes are first issued, up to an additional $90 million aggregate principal amount of the notes. The offering is subject to market and other conditions, and there can be no assurance as to whether, when or on what terms the offering may be completed.

Comments

Tellafriend: props

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    odds an administration decides to make it illegal to transact with it?

if so, price then?
    China and the CCP tried that. Didn’t do much other than a brief drop. The US Govt has a shit history trying to control the masses from getting ahead. They’re determined to protect the masses from themselves when it comes to trading rules as far as day trading etc including now putting the screws to people being able to work for prop trading firms.

Load Metric
    61.5. Ath 68

We just breached the weekly high of $65,450 give or take.

The second by second ATH in dollars is $68,999.99 we arent far off from that. My guess is tomorrow but this thing has gone straight up

Didn't even realize it but apparently we crossed the ATH for .000000001 seconds before it got killed two days ago.

Load Metric
    $69.9k new all time high.

Got pounded after that.

Thats two ath in this week.

Should be an interesting fight here. If it breaks out who the hell knows what the top is.

Load Metric
    Someone check on Tine this AM.

Comments

country978: Bitcoins are most definitely not DD

garrett: ..

Load Metric
    Someone check on Tine this AM.

https://twitter.com/KermitTheFrog/status/1764729272525103174

Comments

country978: pretty good garrett

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Interesting to see how little coverage this is getting in mainstream media.
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Thread Information