Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did the U.S. become such a shit show?

Load Metric

Load Metric
    I'll start.

The 1960s.

The current iteration of the Welfare State

Fatherless homes getting started.

Current exploitation of The Civil Rights Laws passed then.

Vietnam.

The 1st generation since WWII that had it easier produced a different world view.

================================================== =

The current American dream for most is to outrun the above.

Load Metric
    Right after the 2020 election was rigged and stolen.

Load Metric
    When God was removed from the classrooms in the 70’s.

Funny how it is still allowed in the prisons.

Better to prevent prison with God.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Prisons in great shape now, thanks god

Comments

splitthis: Dumbest lib ever, that is saying alot

sah_24: epitome of an aussie lols

sonatine: fuckin oath bruv
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    You guys bitch and complain about America. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else, despite the tranny left and the fascist right. As an Okie from Bakersfield once said: “If you don’t love it, leave it.”

Comments

country978: I love this response. We do still have a great country

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    I'll start.

The 1960s.

Vietnam.

The 1st generation since WWII that had it easier produced a different world view.

You’re spot on about the 60s profoundly changing American mores and that the Boomers had it easy growing up. If we could only go back to the 50s, where everyone knew their place and the police could do whatever the fuck they wanted with impunity.

Comments

sah_24: god you are dumb lols

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Trump and twitter combined with an large number of ignorant people.
    Nice re-tweet
    You are on that ignorant list btw.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Trump and twitter combined with an large number of ignorant people.
    Nice re-tweet
    You are on that ignorant list btw.

Your IQ is sub 70 ... beyond hilarity you calling anyone else ignorant. You literally live off the government lols

Comments

Deal:

Load Metric
    Name:  0-F27-B8-BC-EF34-49-AD-89-E2-6-CF2476-F5-A8-A.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  65.0 KB
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    I'll start.

The 1960s.

Vietnam.

Women entering the workforce during and rapidly post WW2 is the impetus for most of the social and many economic changes. Womens entrance into the workplace increased rapidly from 1948 onward. Take 1948 out 18 years and you have the mid-late 60s. The 60s is the most unique decade. Look at music and entertainment and just the culture from the early 60s to the later 60s. Never will you see a greater difference. I much prefer the late 60s as far as art, but art doesn't spring from a healthy place generally.

A lot of women had to deal with asshole husbands and horrible double standards before they had more economic freedom, but a double standard is preferrable to no standard as far as family stability and welfare of children. Many women took one for the team historically. Divorce and all the downstream issues stemming from divorce and absentee parenting creates more of a welfare state and fucked up kids with each successive generation.

Comments

Tellafriend: Divorce and all the downstream issues stemming from divorce and absentee parenting creates more of a welfare state and fucked up kids with each successive generation.

country978: one of your best posts

Bronze
    Load Metric

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Right after the 2020 election was rigged and stolen.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Women entering the workforce during and rapidly post WW2 is the impetus for most of the social and many economic changes. Womens entrance into the workplace increased rapidly from 1948 onward. Take 1948 out 18 years and you have the mid-late 60s. The 60s is the most unique decade. Look at music and entertainment and just the culture from the early 60s to the later 60s. Never will you see a greater difference. I much prefer the late 60s as far as art, but art doesn't spring from a healthy place generally.

A lot of women had to deal with asshole husbands and horrible double standards before they had more economic freedom, but a double standard is preferrable to no standard as far as family stability and welfare of children. Many women took one for the team historically. Divorce and all the downstream issues stemming from divorce and absentee parenting creates more of a welfare state and fucked up kids with each successive generation.
    Japan and their low birth rate. Young Japanese working women have near zero interest in children. Japan has a healthy and wealthy retired population.

Japan is the best example of a homogenous population. Look the same. Polite and law abiding society. That absolutely positively will change. Immigration will happen out of absolute necessity if Japan is to survive. The change will be most profound in Japan.

We have the same issues. We are less polite and disciplined as a society but we have room still on the downside.

There is pressure in Massachusetts to speed up the paperwork for immigrants so they can be hired into the workforce. An office cleaner wage in Massachusetts has doubled in 5 years. Any kind of maintenance staffing is impossible.

Say what you will about post war but sheer boomer numbers was the impetus for the greatest continuous 40-50 years of growth and prosperity this country ever saw.

Indeed simultanously the seeds for decline were sown. Absolutely no argument.

My vote is 2007 if you wanna put a year on it. Coincidentally the same year as the birth of social media and smart phones. A little gas on the economic fire.

I now give you $37t in debt and Trump v Biden. Trump is the product of the populism that resulted from the Wall Street bailout.

You will not hear any politician talk about birth rates or the debt (Most of the posters here either for that matter).

Woke nonsense and what books should be in lol public schools instead.

Tick tock

Comments

Tellafriend: Divorce and all the downstream issues stemming from divorce and absentee parenting creates more of a welfare state and fucked up kids with each successive generation.

Load Metric
    Sweden a recent homogeneous casualty we are learning. Bit raucous now I hear. Much like us now.

Load Metric

Which then led to 2008

Comments

Tellafriend: 2008

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Japan and their low birth rate. Young Japanese working women have near zero interest in children. Japan has a healthy and wealthy retired population.

Japan is the best example of a homogenous population. Look the same. Polite and law abiding society. That absolutely positively will change. Immigration will happen out of absolute necessity if Japan is to survive. The change will be most profound in Japan.

We have the same issues. We are less polite and disciplined as a society but we have room still on the downside.

There is pressure in Massachusetts to speed up the paperwork for immigrants so they can be hired into the workforce. An office cleaner wage in Massachusetts has doubled in 5 years. Any kind of maintenance staffing is impossible.

Say what you will about post war but sheer boomer numbers was the impetus for the greatest continuous 40-50 years of growth and prosperity this country ever saw.

Indeed simultanously the seeds for decline were sown. Absolutely no argument.

My vote is 2007 if you wanna put a year on it. Coincidentally the same year as the birth of social media and smart phones. A little gas on the economic fire.

I now give you $37t in debt and Trump v Biden. Trump is the product of the populism that resulted from the Wall Street bailout.

You will not hear any politician talk about birth rates or the debt (Most of the posters here either for that matter).

Woke nonsense and what books should be in lol public schools instead.

Tick tock

This is interesting. Nothing happens in a vacuum so there isn't one thing. The more educated you are the less kids you're going to have. Like all the kids when we went from 4 per house to 1.5 when women went into the workplace has caused the deficit. Yet that die was cast for everyone in the workforce now from the start. It's been essential to have two incomes for young couples forever if you don't want to live in the hood and send them to some school where they are going to get killed.

Chicken/egg. I recall a house that struck me as huge when I was a kid, and now when I drive by it it's an average sized house. Families getting smaller while houses got bigger. More girls finish school, yet a lot have jobs where when you deduct day care if they have a kid and the expense of travel and second cars and the loans they took out to attend, work for $10/hr even if they have a decent degree during the years they started larger families 50 years ago.

One car, no Iphone bill, no wifi bill, car insurance on one vehicle, no cable bill, 1300 square foot home with 6 people, etc. That's what the 1950s was largely. We pine for what we think of as nirvana while everyone has this huge monthly nut.

We certainly fucked up. I don't know what was avoidable. Could have certainly delayed it.

Comments

Tellafriend: Could have certainly delayed it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Which then led to 2008
    1913 ... but close ... it's the money stupid

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    You guys bitch and complain about America. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else, despite the tranny left and the fascist right. As an Okie from Bakersfield once said: “If you don’t love it, leave it.”

to quote Screeching Weasel, "America... love it or leave it. Well I would if I could but I don't have any money"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    I'll start.

The 1960s.

Vietnam.

You’re spot on about the 60s profoundly changing American mores and that the Boomers had it easy growing up. If we could only go back to the 50s, where everyone knew their place and the police could do whatever the fuck they wanted with impunity.

Boomers had to live through the 70's and early 80's. Nothing easy about that.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

God isn't real. I hope this helps.

Thread Information