Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2024

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Coachella 2024

Believe it or not, today is the day you should be buying Coachella tickets for April 2024.

The sale starts at 11am PDT.

You can jump to the front of the line and get the cheapest tickets (they're all the same -- you're just paying less) if you use the Amex link, and use an American Express card.

https://coachella.com/amex

If you don't buy them today, the price will go to something much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Believe it or not, today is the day you should be buying Coachella tickets for April 2024.

The sale starts at 11am PDT.

You can jump to the front of the line and get the cheapest tickets (they're all the same -- you're just paying less) if you use the Amex link, and use an American Express card.

https://coachella.com/amex

If you don't buy them today, the price will go to something much higher.

Comments

lol wow: and that is correct

Load Metric
    lil benji putting on a twerkathon next year to ice spice

Load Metric
    Coachella lineup announced

No Doubt reuniting

https://www.coachella.com/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm guessing No Doubt is reuniting for this because there's a bunch of $$ in Coachella, and at 54 years old, Gwen Stefani probably doesn't have the opportunities she used to have.

Not that she needs the money. She's plenty rich, and if that's not enough, she's married to country star Blake Shelton (who I never picutred being her type, to be honest). Shelton is also almost 7 years younger than her, but he does look kinda old for his age, and she looks young for her age, so I guess it works out.

Master Scalir just had bronchitis for 3 weeks, couldn't work, and had to borrow money from me so he doesn't get evicted. Sigh. But you know he's not missing Coachella.

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: Youre a good friend rep

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Seconded

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Random note- scrolling throw Facebook, lots of concerts and bands lined up for 2024. I even saw Adam Ant coming up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Random note- scrolling throw Facebook, lots of concerts and bands lined up for 2024. I even saw Adam Ant coming up.
    Lord he'll be back putting on the ritz and goody goody two shoeing it.

Comments

desertrunner:

saw. no doubt in 95/96 with sublime in long beach. it was amazing.

first coachella i went to was like 40 dollars. insane how prices have gone

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    So random, I got an advertisement for Coachella on my Instagram feed, a LOT of bands are lined up for 2024.

Gonna need Druff to weigh in on Adam Ant.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hesterandeldridge View Post
    saw. no doubt in 95/96 with sublime in long beach. it was amazing.

first coachella i went to was like 40 dollars. insane how prices have gone
    Coachella is super corporate now. Every year they figure out how to extract even more money out of it.

At the beginning, it was a more organic music festival which was about the art more than the money.

This transformation is inevitable when something becomes successful, unfortunately.

If you are going to stay there, watch out for AirBnb and similar services. Tons of scammers take advantage of Coachella, "renting" you a unit, and then you sit there for months feeling like you're all set, and if they see prices rise, they have an "emergecy" and cancel you, and then re-list the property. Same shit happens during WSOP, but much worse at Coachella.

Master Scalir got fucked by a motel which did this one year (not Airbnb), but it was not quite as bad, as the motel was caught sleeping and didn't raise their prices once the dates were announced, and they filled up with people staying there for $60/night. So they invalidated every reservation for a "plumbing emergency" and put it back on the market a week later. Still shitty.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The lodging situation at Coachella is actually a major clusterfuck which has never been corrected.

The problem is that the area is otherwise undesirable to visit for all but a few weeks per year (2 Coachella weeks, and one Stagecoach week), so it is not cost effective for a company to come in and build a large hotel.

Coachella takes place in Indio, CA. There's actually a town called Coachella in the same general area, abour 4 miles away. Indio is about 25 miles southwest of Palm Springs. It has a few expensive country club type resorts for people who prefer it over Palm Springs for whatever reasom, but the bottom line is that there's no point for most to drive an extra 25 minutes to go to a lesser version of Palm Springs, so they don't.

For Coachella concertgoers, the choices are various shit motels in the area, renting an (expensive) AirBnb for the weekend (and also possibly get scammed), camp in your car on the ground of Coachella (which of course costs a good deal of extra $), or stay out of the area and then hassle with transportation.

That's another problem. The roads in the area are not really suitable for 80,000 people driving in at once, so it's best to completely avoid driving, and staying in a place which is walking distance, which again is mostly shit motels.

Honestly it's a wonder that all 80,000 people find a place to stay.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think I've told this story before but I'll tell it again.

Master Scalir used to get a motel and then advertise for roommates so it would bring down the cost. Well, one of the years, maybe 2012, he actually got a female who did it. It was a woman who was like 5 years older than him, but she looked and acted young for her age. From what I saw of her pics later, I think she had plastic surgery. I believe she was from a rich family who just enabled her not to work and constantly go to concerts and do drugs.

Anyway, she got high in the room and then started hitting on young Scalir. He is very much NOT into older women, but given that he doesn't exactly get opportunities like this very often, he went with it. They didn't have sex, but they messed aroud a lot. That was the good part of her staying with him. The bad part was that she kept pressuing him to do an edible with her. Master Scalir is not into drugs at all, and has only done them on a few occasions in order to impress a girl. He didn't know that edibles are far more potent than just smoking a joint, which he had done before wtihout issue. Well, the edible made him completely ill, and he missed an entire day of Coachella because of it.

Finally about 24 hours later he felt better. He saw the girl in the room in the morning and said something along the lines of wanting a hand job in the shower. Keep in mind that he wouldn't have said anything like this if they hadn't already fucked around 2 days beforehand (initiated by her), so he thought asking for such a thing was fair game.

Because she wasn't high at the moment, she got very offended, told him he was a pervert, and abruptly left the room with her stuff. This screwed him somewaht because she had committed to pay for all 3 nights, and she had only paid for 2 at this point.

After Master Scalir told me about this entire weekend, I was very curious to see what this woman looked like. He gave me her name, but her Facebook profile was locked down, and her main profile pic was some distant photo where I couldn't see any detail. I added her as a friend just to snoop on the profile to see more about this mystery woman, and she accepted.

To my surprise, she started messaging me and acted as if she knew me!

It wasn't a trick on her part. She legit thought we knew each other, and over the next few years would randomly message me, tell me about her life, ask questions about how I was doing, etc. She would also frequently comment on my Facebook posts as if we were close to one another.

I didn't have the heart to admit to her that we had never met nor spoken before I added her, and that I was just the friend of the guy she angrily left at the motel after previously hooking up with him.

I will say that she was definitely attractive for her age, aside from having a bit too much of the plastic surgery look, which I'm personally not really into.

My theory is that she frequenly gets high at concerts and hooks up with random dudes, and probably assumed I was one of them, but she just didn't remember me. Or perhaps I looked somewhat like a guy she had actually hooked up with, and she thought I was him. Very odd. Clearly she thought she knew me.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Endless stories of Druff impressing the ladies

A true Casanova

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Endless stories of Druff impressing the ladies

A true Casanova
    lolz

Can't take credit for this one. Just some girl Master Scalir hooked up with who mistook me for someone else when I friended her.

Load Metric
    SUBLIME are reuniting with Bradley Nowell’s son Jakob for COACHELLA 2024.

https://twitter.com/LoupeyGardener/status/1748099469516640570

Load Metric
    Except for No Doubt, Kruangbin, and Jungle, there isn't much to interest me. Coachella doesn't exaxtly have the musical weight of Woodstock 1969. It's too bad that Lana Del Rey seemingly spent most of Covid eating copious amounts of junk food.

My advice to modern alt rock fans is to skip Coachella, save up money, fly to the UK next summer and attend Glastonbury (something that I would do if I were 50 years younger).

Load Metric
    Did Ken go?

Or is he going next weekend ?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Did Ken go?

Or is he going next weekend ?
    He always goes both weekends.

He also LOVES hot weather, and is annoyed that, for the second year in a row, a southern California cold spell has hit during Coachella.

It is frequently over 100 during the day and 70s at night at Coachella.

Today's high was 73, and low will be in the 50s.

At my house, it was 38 degrees at midnight last night -- 1 degree colder than Glacier National Park, only 5 degrees warmer than Anchorage, and 22 degrees colder than Minneapolis. I'm in the greater LA area, though it's frequently cooler here at night than in LA itself.

We also got about an inch of rain here, as did most of the state. Ken is fortunate that the rain died before getting out to the desert where he is.

Next week is looking better for Ken, as Coachella is forecasted to be in the mid-90s high, and 60s low.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Date Taylor Swift

Profit?

Thread Information