http://www.calottery.com/play/draw-games/powerball

Here is a true lotto story from 1996. I never play the lotto, as the odds are terrible and the chances of winning are about zero.

However, one night I had a dream that I played the lotto and won. I woke up remembering four of the six numbers, except one of those was 90, which can't be used. I then turned on the news and saw that the jackpot was a then-record $60 million -- something I didn't even know when I had the dream!

I bought a single ticket with the three usable numbers I remembered, played 9 instead of 90, and put down two random numbers for the other two. I debated getting a second ticket with 19 instead of 9 (since 19 sounds like 90 when spoken), but didn't bother.

The numbers were drawn and all three of the numbers I remembered were chosen. 9 wasn't chosen, but 19 was chosen! The other two I guessed randomly were not, so I only won $5. If I had remembered the other two from the dream, I definitely would have bought two tickets -- one with 9, one with 19. If they were right, I would have won both the main prize and the 5-of-6 prize.

Hoping to have a similar dream tonight.