Thread: California Powerball Lotto jackpot up to $360 million

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

California Powerball Lotto jackpot up to $360 million

http://www.calottery.com/play/draw-games/powerball

Here is a true lotto story from 1996. I never play the lotto, as the odds are terrible and the chances of winning are about zero.

However, one night I had a dream that I played the lotto and won. I woke up remembering four of the six numbers, except one of those was 90, which can't be used. I then turned on the news and saw that the jackpot was a then-record $60 million -- something I didn't even know when I had the dream!

I bought a single ticket with the three usable numbers I remembered, played 9 instead of 90, and put down two random numbers for the other two. I debated getting a second ticket with 19 instead of 9 (since 19 sounds like 90 when spoken), but didn't bother.

The numbers were drawn and all three of the numbers I remembered were chosen. 9 wasn't chosen, but 19 was chosen! The other two I guessed randomly were not, so I only won $5. If I had remembered the other two from the dream, I definitely would have bought two tickets -- one with 9, one with 19. If they were right, I would have won both the main prize and the 5-of-6 prize.

Hoping to have a similar dream tonight.

Load Metric
    If I sent you $5, or whatever I need for a quick pick, would you buy me a ticket & PM me the numbers & we'll split any winnings?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Powerball is a multi-state lottery and not just California.

These jackpots get huge because of several states in it. I do think when they went to $2 per ticket it wasn't too popular among the people while Mega Millions multi-state lottery has stayed at $1.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Powerball is a multi-state lottery and not just California.

These jackpots get huge because of several states in it. I do think when they went to $2 per ticket it wasn't too popular among the people while Mega Millions multi-state lottery has stayed at $1.

that's why almost everyone freaks out when they get that big.

Load Metric
    I've never played bought a lottery ticket or scratch-off, but I used to get them as a kid for Christmas in my stocking and I loved them. I think it's part of the reason why I got in to gambling later on (luckily by the time I turned 18 I knew to stay away from -EV gambling for the most part).

And Druff, why were you such a nit? Just pick all the possible combinations using the 3 numbers you know plus 9 and 19.

I had a dream that the Ravens won the Super Bowl, so I put like $300 on it. And the score in my dream ended up being really close to the actual score.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    I've never played bought a lottery ticket or scratch-off, but I used to get them as a kid for Christmas in my stocking and I loved them. I think it's part of the reason why I got in to gambling later on (luckily by the time I turned 18 I knew to stay away from -EV gambling for the most part).

And Druff, why were you such a nit? Just pick all the possible combinations using the 3 numbers you know plus 9 and 19.

I had a dream that the Ravens won the Super Bowl, so I put like $300 on it. And the score in my dream ended up being really close to the actual score.
    Sadly, buying up all combinations of numbers other than the three I picked (with 9 and 19 as the fourth numbers), would have cost about $5000.

How amazing would this story have been if I did that and won, though?

Thread Information