Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Snake in the Grass Update: Quadjacks doing battle with former associate SrslySirius, takes down all of his songs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Snake in the Grass Update: Quadjacks doing battle with former associate SrslySirius, takes down all of his songs

http://quadjacks.com/2012/04/02/quad...f-viewbotting/

This is even a bigger clusterfuck than what occurred over the past 7 months on DonkDown.

It's funny how they are acting like they're taking down his videos because he embarrassed them with his "viewbotting", rather than just admitting that they're terrified of his legal threats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, someone should tell Marco to get a haircut.

Load Metric

SrslySirius / Quad Jacks Battle

QuadJacks would like to issue the following statement:

As of today, April 2, 2012, QuadJacks is deleting every video attributed to Internet songwriter SrslySirius while he was associated with this company from May 2011 until February 2012. QuadJacks does this with a very heavy heart, but out of a necessity to preserve our integrity by distancing ourselves as much as we can from SrslySirius, whose judgment and character have had to be put into serious question in the last month.

On March 6, while he was no longer with QuadJacks, SrslySirius released a new song named “Nightmare on My Street,” and in just two days, the video had gone from 0 to over 1 million views.

This caught the attention of News Views and Gossip, SrslySirius’s birthplace, which started a thread congratulating SrslySirius. At one point, SrslySirius himself intervened thanking the crowd and saying he couldn’t have done it without them.

However, it didn’t take long for the Two Plus Two community, famous for its detection of online cheating, to realize that things weren’t adding up. The video’s extremely rapid view count, compared to some very conspicuous irregularities, strongly indicated that viewbotting had taken place.

Viewbotting is an extremely unethical method of artificially inflating a video’s view count. It’s obviously a very dishonest thing to do, and it’s also a form of fraud. You try to fool YouTube and Google into making it look like you have more viewers, so that you can get more money for your monetized videos, which is what SS is doing.

To this day, SrslySirius has said nothing publicly to address or distance himself from any wrongdoing, which has led to increasing conviction that something illegitimate has been perpetrated. SrslySirius’s reputation has suffered enormously as a result.

After having studied the situation thoroughly, QuadJacks is sufficiently confident that SrslySirius is in fact responsible for viewbotting in the case of Nightmare on My Street, which is something that genuinely shocks us and disturbs us. Given SrslySirius’s past working with us, it also implicates us. Did SrslySirius secretly viewbot on behalf of QuadJacks during his tenure? Not to our knowledge, and we have absolutely no reason to suspect this.

However, because we are unable to 100% guarantee this, and because of the controversy now linked to SrslySirius’s name, we have made the choice to eliminate all videos bearing his name.

The unpleasantness of this situation is greatly worsened by the actions which SrslySirius chose to take against QuadJacks in an effort to salvage his battered reputation.

Shortly after the viewbotting controversy, on the week of Monday, March 19, SrslySirius filed, without notice, a YouTube copyright complaint against QuadJacks on 4 videos which had been hosted on our channel for several months.

SrslySirius has no legitimate copyright claim to these works. Each one of those productions was a collaborative effort by the QuadJacks team, to which SrslySirius famously belonged during that period.

But SrslySirius did this with the sole intention of appropriating one song in particular. The remix of “Willy Wonka You Get Nothing,” which QuadJacks released in January, had become a genuine viral hit, which SrslySirius was quick to upload to his own channel.

It wouldn’t stay up for very long, however. QuadJacks immediately made the decision not to allow this exploitation, by submitting our own proprietary complaint.

Now, if you think that SrslySirius himself has the right to protect the work which he thinks is his, be aware that just this weekend, SrslySirius did not even protest, but instead encouraged, the presence of the same video on another person’s channel, this time without any apparent copyright concerns.

He has also stated that he is considering suing QuadJacks over the song.

But QuadJacks has no time or desire to engage in an extended dispute for control of videos which we are by now embarrassed to be hosting anyway.

QuadJacks takes no pleasure in issuing this statement, and never wanted to. However, we feel that presenting this account of our experience with SrslySirius was the right thing to do.

QuadJacks – Monday, April 2, 2012

Load Metric
    GODDAMMIT DRUFF

Do you have to steal all the good threads?

Load Metric
    i'm a bit surprised at how vindictive & malicious marco's tone is, or maybe i shouldn't be

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    GODDAMMIT DRUFF

Do you have to steal all the good threads?
    Mine came first by two minutes. I'm merging yours into this one.

Am I abusing my power? Yes.

Would I have merged mine into yours if mine came second? No.

Actually, I would have. I always merge the thread that came second into the one that came first.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Discuss
    Quadfags lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    i'm a bit surprised at how vindictive & malicious marco's tone is, or maybe i shouldn't be
    I think it's Zekda's influence.

Marco has always seemed like a nice guy, but if you spend enough time around a snake, you start to want to slither and hiss yourself.

Load Metric
    I have spoken to Srslysirius a bunch in the past and he seems like a pretty good guy, I don't know enough about view botting to have an opinion either way, can someone educate me a bit on what actually happens if you have that many views?

Is it a real financial gain for someone or is it just a status thing like twitter followers?

Load Metric
    Sounds like he is guilty before being proven innocent. They say he has been view botting but have no proof. They show screen shot of his view count on a video and show how it has a bunch of negative ratings. This happens all the time just look at the Rickroll'd video on youtube.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have spoken to Srslysirius a bunch in the past and he seems like a pretty good guy, I don't know enough about view botting to have an opinion either way, can someone educate me a bit on what actually happens if you have that many views?

Is it a real financial gain for someone or is it just a status thing like twitter followers?
    Viewbotting props your video up to 7-figures in views, which increases the chance of it going viral.

People say, "OMG look at this, it has a million views, it must be the next big internet sensation!", and it gets distributed.

If people come to your page and see 389 views, they're usually not going to feel a desire to share it, unless it's something really noteworthy.

Also I think you can enter into some ad partnership with YouTube after enough views, though I have a feeling they're wise to the viewbotting and don't offer contracts to those people.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think it's likely that Srsly viewbotted his song, as there was nothing special about it, and the views came very abruptly.

With that said, Quadjacks is full of shit when they claim that they're embarrassed and feel the need to remove his songs as a result.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm just a clitoris and have no eyes and I see right through this.

April fools day is such a clever clever ruse set up by the Illuminatti. It's almost as clever as the WWE in the sports industry.

I'm so jelly of whoever came up with all these ideas.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I think it's Zekda's influence.

Marco has always seemed like a nice guy, but if you spend enough time around a snake, you start to want to slither and hiss yourself.
    i've always thought the same thing

marco seems like a good dude, zekda comes off as a condescending douche

snakes gonna snake

Load Metric
    Holy fucking shit Marco does seem to be a first degree cuntnugget. I see an Jay Z level battle rap on the horizon from Sirius.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

April fools day is such a clever clever ruse set up by the Illuminatti. It's almost as clever as the WWE in the sports industry.

This one happened on April 2nd, so it's probably real.

I admit that this would have been a great April Fools prank, and I would have totally fallen for it.

But this is almost definitely real, especially given the bitterness of the Quadjacks/Srsly breakup.

Load Metric

Although youtube does not share this info. Youtube partners will make in the range of $2.5 to $5 per 1000 video views The most popular stars will earn $5 per 1000 views. This can really add up if you have 1 million views per video like SrslySirius. They also can get payed by channel views and from the ads in the videos. I'm not sure about twitter though.

Load Metric

Viewbotting props your video up to 7-figures in views, which increases the chance of it going viral.

People say, "OMG look at this, it has a million views, it must be the next big internet sensation!", and it gets distributed.

If people come to your page and see 389 views, they're usually not going to feel a desire to share it, unless it's something really noteworthy.

Also I think you can enter into some ad partnership with YouTube after enough views, though I have a feeling they're wise to the viewbotting and don't offer contracts to those people.
    If there is not a financial gain from Youtube how unethical is it? If you pay for the service it would seem like a version of buying a billboard or something for your song? I missed this thread on 2p2 and until like 5 minutes ago I had no idea that this was even something that mattered.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

This one happened on April 2nd, so it's probably real.

I admit that this would have been a great April Fools prank, and I would have totally fallen for it.

But this is almost definitely real, especially given the bitterness of the Quadjacks/Srsly breakup.

I said what I said. You know what I meant. Not gonna be baited to say more. I know you won't tell me the truth.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykilla View Post

Although youtube does not share this info. Youtube partners will make in the range of $2.5 to $5 per 1000 video views The most popular stars will earn $5 per 1000 views. This can really add up if you have 1 million views per video like SrslySirius. They also can get payed by channel views and from the ads in the videos. I'm not sure about twitter though.
    ahhhh... now this would make this seem hella shady

Thread Information