Thread: Help with sound through headphones

Platinum
    Load Metric

Help with sound through headphones

I really hate to make a gay thread asking this, but i am having no luck and it is starting to tick me off

I have windows 7 with a soundsystem which I have headphones plugged in to. The problem is that the sound coming through the headphones just isn't loud enough. Without the headphones plugged in, the speakers crank out plenty of sound.

Im figuring there has to be a trustworthy program or something out there to boost sound volume [through headphones]. any ideas?

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Let's start with the basics. Click the volume icon and click mixer and then crank all the sliders to the max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Let's start with the basics. Click the volume icon and click mixer and then crank all the sliders to the max.

I guess I should have elaborated. I have done all of this, as well as clicking the 'loudness equalization' button in the speaker properties. I am pretty sure, not 100% - but pretty sure that I have exercised any options that windows provides at this point.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    OK one more shot

1) Right click speaker icon
    2) Select 'Playback Devices
    3) Right click on the speaker output you are using, usually 'Speakers'
    4) Select 'Properties'
    5) Click 'Enhancements'
    6) Tick 'Disable All Enhancements'
    7) Click 'OK'
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    OK one more shot

1) Right click speaker icon
    2) Select 'Playback Devices
    3) Right click on the speaker output you are using, usually 'Speakers'
    4) Select 'Properties'
    5) Click 'Enhancements'
    6) Tick 'Disable All Enhancements'
    7) Click 'OK'
    Just did all of this, but no change.

Load Metric
    Bypass the sound system and plug directly into PC for headphone use?
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    No positive change.

One note is that for example VLC player, which is my primary player for playing back downloaded videos, has a sound boost feature which brings sound up to 200% more than normal. This works great for me, even with headphones. So I guess my thought is that there has to be a good general sound booster program somewhere out there that is simple to download/use.

I should add, even though I know either way my headphone volume on my PC is quieter compared to say my smartphone for example (which seems to have a good sound boost with Headpones) , I do have a hearing impairment that doesn't help things either way. If you have never had a hearing impairment...it sucks balls - don't get one. I have a hard time sometimes getting through basic shit in life with a hearing loss. I have been labeled by an audiologist as being about 70% - 75% deaf. I know this sounds funny when I am here complaining about volume, but I can assure you that either way my headphone volume is just not loud enough for anyone, and I have had other friends who have tested it that can confirm it for me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    No positive change.

One note is that for example VLC player, which is my primary player for playing back downloaded videos, has a sound boost feature which brings sound up to 200% more than normal. This works great for me, even with headphones. So I guess my thought is that there has to be a good general sound booster program somewhere out there that is simple to download/use.

I should add, even though I know either way my headphone volume on my PC is quieter compared to say my smartphone for example (which seems to have a good sound boost with Headpones) , I do have a hearing impairment that doesn't help things either way. If you have never had a hearing impairment...it sucks balls - don't get one. I have a hard time sometimes getting through basic shit in life with a hearing loss. I have been labeled by an audiologist as being about 70% - 75% deaf. I know this sounds funny when I am here complaining about volume, but I can assure you that either way my headphone volume is just not loud enough for anyone, and I have had other friends who have tested it that can confirm it for me.
    Buy a headphone amplifier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    What type of headphones/headset?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I really hate to make a gay thread asking this, but i am having no luck and it is starting to tick me off

I have windows 7 with a soundsystem which I have headphones plugged in to. The problem is that the sound coming through the headphones just isn't loud enough. Without the headphones plugged in, the speakers crank out plenty of sound.

Im figuring there has to be a trustworthy program or something out there to boost sound volume [through headphones]. any ideas?
    Good quality headphones are often >30ohms and need an amp.

Buy a cheap sound card like the Asus Xonar DG with built-in headphone amp... only about $25 and much better sound quality then on-board anyway.

Load Metric
    Did you try a different set of headphones?

Load Metric
    I'm on board with everyone else. Try using some cheap earbuds or even powered speakers and see if they work. If they do and yours don't, you need an amp to use your headphones.

Thread Information