Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New "Smoking Gun" UB Tapes have Russ Hamilton admitting cheating!

Load Metric
    Didnt Micon mention in an episode of DD after the Makar appearance that he cant tell what he has seen but that Makar showed him something (documents, recordings?) that indicates that A. Duke did a lot of good stuff (for the community) or something along those lines? #

Just seems odd if she knew about the god mode and used it with a 15min delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWright View Post
    Not that I believe your story but who the fuck ever gave you permission to use charitable funds for the good of your cock.

Annie Duke is pure filth. lol @ Russ justifying cheating players out of money because he put a lot of his own money into "UB promotions".

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by pavoe View Post
    Didnt Micon mention in an episode of DD after the Makar appearance that he cant tell what he has seen but that Makar showed him something (documents, recordings?) that indicates that A. Duke did a lot of good stuff (for the community) or something along those lines? #

https://twitter.com/annieduke

LMAO first tweet in a month

Annie Duke ‏@AnnieDuke 55m
    Great time raising money for Boston Children's Hospital Thurs night. My 7th year hosting. Great groupof guys put us over $4m total raised!

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Crossposting same thing i said in the 2+2 thread regarding the "Annie Duke used godmode on a delay" accusation:

Just want to point out, as the researcher who collected UB client software and decompiled/examined it at great length to understand the specific cheating mechanism, I can tell you it never appeared to function on a "time delay"; i.e. revealing hole card data only after a certain period of time had elapsed. The cheat code appeared to reveal opponent's hole cards in real time as a hand was being played. I suppose one could have recorded a table using the cheat client and made the recording available to someone on a delay, but that seems like quite a bit of effort and at the very least, someone doing so would be quite aware the ability to cheat existed and chose not to come forward/be complicit in keeping the cheat ability secret for their own gain.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Even if someone is ghosting and seeing a game being played on a delay if they are someone who plays on UB they can get a lot of information against a player. If they are able to see the entire game being played with hole cards face up you can pickup additional timing tells, bet patterns with particular hands,etc. that even if someone goes to play that person later on they have additional information about opponents that they shouldn't have.

It's one thing to data mine without playing which I'm not a big fan of but NOBODY EVER should be allowed to play on a site if they are able to view hole cards in this particular way.

Load Metric
    I haven't kept up on this story. Has Russ Hamilton been playing in Vegas recently? I can't imagine he would show his face at the WSOP after this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by XR71WhiteFish View Post
    Crossposting same thing i said in the 2+2 thread regarding the "Annie Duke used godmode on a delay" accusation:

Just want to point out, as the researcher who collected UB client software and decompiled/examined it at great length to understand the specific cheating mechanism, I can tell you it never appeared to function on a "time delay"; i.e. revealing hole card data only after a certain period of time had elapsed. The cheat code appeared to reveal opponent's hole cards in real time as a hand was being played. I suppose one could have recorded a table using the cheat client and made the recording available to someone on a delay, but that seems like quite a bit of effort and at the very least, someone doing so would be quite aware the ability to cheat existed and chose not to come forward/be complicit in keeping the cheat ability secret for their own gain.
    Auditmonster was a ServerSide account designed to have access to realtime data but that had a 15 minute delay built in to it for obvious security purposes. The cheating started once that delay was removed. This has nothing to do with the silly client piece that made it easy for a cheater to use the client to display on the table what it was the Server side Auditmonster account was viewing. The first iteration cheating was using the normal client and a seperate login session to view the Auditmonster log. It was hard to match up the information from Auditmonster in time for the cheater to know who had which cards and then act in a reasonable amount of time. A programmer was then put onto the task of making that process more userfriendly for the cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

Auditmonster was a ServerSide account designed to have access to realtime data but that had a 15 minute delay built in to it for obvious security purposes. The cheating started once that delay was removed. This has nothing to do with the silly client piece that made it easy for a cheater to use the client to display on the table what it was the Server side Auditmonster account was viewing. The first iteration cheating was using the normal client and a seperate login session to view the Auditmonster log. It was hard to match up the information from Auditmonster in time for the cheater to know who had which cards and then act in a reasonable amount of time. A programmer was then put onto the task of making that process more userfriendly for the cheaters.

Fair enough. This does not look good for Annie regardless, and raises the question that if she used the "first generation" auditmonster, who's to say she didn't have access to the real-time code later?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

Fair enough. This does not look good for Annie regardless, and raises the question that if she used the "first generation" auditmonster, who's to say she didn't have access to the real-time code later?
    I agree. Accounts like auditmonster should have significant security protocol's around their usage as well as a regularly reviewed log of its usage. There is no way that a site pro should ever have had independent access to it. Annie has since exposed herself as a shady character and should be granted her own display case in the poker hall of shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    I haven't kept up on this story. Has Russ Hamilton been playing in Vegas recently? I can't imagine he would show his face at the WSOP after this.
    A year or so ago I think he was playing in card rooms in FL. Not sure about lately. PLOL?
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Why? Someone might give him a dirty look or something?

Load Metric
    2nd sound clip is up here:

https://soundcloud.com/professionalp...ub-recording-2

In it, Russ talks about how he has a friend at interpol, and is getting copies all of the emails that trambopoline and Nat Arem were sending talking about the cheating.

Also how he could win the British open using only 1 club lol

Comments

Pooh: He was talking about playing the 18th hole you dumbfuck
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just in case the Soundcloud thing goes down or runs out of bandwidth, here is meeting #2, permanently hosted here:

MP3 file: http://pokerfraudalert.com/radio/ub-scandal-meeting2.mp3

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Annie is the ultimate limousine liberal.

She is a self-styled hippy and pats herself on the back for all of the charity tournaments she runs.

In the meantime, she screws the common man -- the one she is supposedly working so hard to help through charity -- in order to enrich herself.

She kept promoting UB all the way until 2011, and helped peddle the lies about the "new ownership" after the scandal. She did not have any moral reservations with doing this, and with encouraging people to continue putting money on a site that had cheated everyone and clearly did their best to cover it up (and never paid full refunds). If you tried to bring this up to her, it fell on deaf ears.

She also was a big part of the Epic (Fail) Poker League, and pocketed a very nice mid-six-figure salary while many of its blue collar employees never got paid. Annie never offered to make this right, but instead just blamed a failed business model.

I don't believe Annie directly cheated with the AuditMonster tool, but obviously using it with a delay (which I believe) is still wrong and gives you an additional advantage.

And that's what Annie is all about.

She isn't a straight-up thief like Russ Hamilton, who steals because he can.

Annie likes to pretend she's a good person, so she engages in secondary cheating (using the tool to view holecards on a delay), promoting obviously shady companies (UB, Epic Poker League), and stiffing "bad people" like Russ Hamilton on personal loans. The loan thing is not verified, and is just a rumor, but I believe it. It is said that Russ Hamilton loaned Annie $2 million to buy her house. While I agree that she should not pay Hamilton himself back (for obvious reasons), if she really owes him $2 million, she should pay it back into a fund that helps pay back UB cheating victims. Obviously Annie is too selfish to do this.

Annie always engages in behavior she can morally rationalize in some twisted way:

"Viewing holecards isn't wrong as long as I can't see them during the hand."

"UB and Epic Poker League failed, but that was the fault of the people running it, not mine. I was just a paid spokesperson."

"I'm not paying a scumbag back like Russ Hamilton $2 million since he's a thief and doesn't deserve the money."

The above are not quotes from her, but I bet they're pretty much in line with the way she thought about these issues.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'd say Annie should have taken then $2 million from Russ and ran a freeroll on UB to anyone who was screwed out of at least $100 but it would be a moot point since that money wouldn't have been paid out to the players anyways.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    https://www.iovation.com/company/board/

GREG PIERSON
    CEO AND CO-FOUNDER

Greg has over 20 years of experience focused on building real-time business systems. As the co-founder and CEO of iovation, Greg is the visionary leader behind the use of reputation systems to prevent fraud and abuse of online services. He has an active role in iovation’s business development and strategizing the company’s fraud management services to the marketplace on a global scale. A serial entrepreneur, Greg previously founded ieLogic, a pioneer in online community technology within the online gaming market. He has a strong passion for developing leading fraud fighting solutions that make the Internet a safer place to do business and communicate. A forward-thinker in the areas of Internet security, online privacy and fraud management, Greg is a frequent speaker at industry trade shows across the globe, where he speaks on various topics including fraud management and emerging technologies that protect online environments against fraud and abuse. Greg holds a B.S. in business administration and a B.S. in economics from Oregon State University.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

She is a self-styled hippy and pats herself on the back for all of the charity tournaments she runs.

In the meantime, she screws the common man -- the one she is supposedly working so hard to help through charity -- in order to enrich herself.

She kept promoting UB all the way until 2011, and helped peddle the lies about the "new ownership" after the scandal. She did not have any moral reservations with doing this, and with encouraging people to continue putting money on a site that had cheated everyone and clearly did their best to cover it up (and never paid full refunds). If you tried to bring this up to her, it fell on deaf ears.

She also was a big part of the Epic (Fail) Poker League, and pocketed a very nice mid-six-figure salary while many of its blue collar employees never got paid. Annie never offered to make this right, but instead just blamed a failed business model.

I don't believe Annie directly cheated with the AuditMonster tool, but obviously using it with a delay (which I believe) is still wrong and gives you an additional advantage.

Annie likes to pretend she's a good person, so she engages in secondary cheating (using the tool to view holecards on a delay), promoting obviously shady companies (UB, Epic Poker League), and stiffing "bad people" like Russ Hamilton on personal loans. The loan thing is not verified, and is just a rumor, but I believe it. It is said that Russ Hamilton loaned Annie $2 million to buy her house. While I agree that she should not pay Hamilton himself back (for obvious reasons), if she really owes him $2 million, she should pay it back into a fund that helps pay back UB cheating victims. Obviously Annie is too selfish to do this.

Annie always engages in behavior she can morally rationalize in some twisted way:

"UB and Epic Poker League failed, but that was the fault of the people running it, not mine. I was just a paid spokesperson."

"I'm not paying a scumbag back like Russ Hamilton $2 million since he's a thief and doesn't deserve the money."

The above are not quotes from her, but I bet they're pretty much in line with the way she thought about these issues.

What I meant by 'it seems odd..' is why did Makar supposedly show Micon some material that clears Annies name in some way although he (Makar) obv knew that Annie knew about the existence of the god mode.

Makar is acting very strange but after hearing the tapes I can understand that he is very upset about the UB crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWright View Post
    Not that I believe your story but who the fuck ever gave you permission to use charitable funds for the good of your cock.

Load Metric
    #1 -- Annie Duke has had a terrible reputation for angle shooting and poor behavior since the 1990's. Evidence can be found on old RGP posts or simply reading Positively Fifth Street. The fact that she would hole-card someone (on a delay) shouldn't be surprising.

#2 -- knowing there was god-mode and having used it on a delay is damning because when the UB scandal was breaking she said nothing despite knowing of its existence. This should be enough to get her blackballed from poker in my opinion. She knew there was a God Mode but sat back quietly while UB at first denied it. Had she spoken up as soon as the scandal broke things might have worked out differently with the investigation going from "Are the y cheating" to "What do they owe" quicker. In fact she has never stated that she knew there was a God Mode, which has me wondering just how deep her connection in the cheating was (*speculation alert*)? In reality she would be the perfect person for Russ to approach about cheating because of her already poor, angle-shooter/cheater reputation.

#3 -- She was more than a big part of the EPL Fail, she was running the league AND she lied to the poker community regarding the League's solvency. She said there was a scheduling conflict when they canceled the last event, when the truth was they were trying to sell the thing to Pinnacle. She said they had multiple years of operational funds ready and this was a long-term project from jump-street which was obviously untrue since they never made it through Season 1.

***EDIT*** Remember this? http://www.guidetopoker.com/annie-du...-tournie_16259 Funny that her Boyfriend at the time won this tournament. Wonder if she had access to the "AuditMonster" during this event?
    Last edited by Steve-O; 05-12-2013 at 03:32 AM.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

The above are not quotes from her, but I bet they're pretty much in line with the way she thought about these issues.[

Annie's boyfriend won a 1k tournament for 250k coasting through a final table with ease. And you really going sit there and post that she didn't use the audit monster hahahahahaha. Are you scared of being sued by her or maybe your friends with her boyfriend? You saying you don't think she cheated really makes me wonder about you..............

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Scandals
    Annie's boyfriend won a 1k tournament for 250k coasting through a final table with ease. And you really going sit there and post that she didn't use the audit monster hahahahahaha. Are you scared of being sued by her or maybe your friends with her boyfriend? You saying you don't think she cheated really makes me wonder about you..............
    FYP so it's actually readable
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information