Thread: Parkour and Freerunning

*giggling*
    Load Metric

Parkour and Freerunning

just wondering if anyone had participated in Parkour and Freerunning?

on this forum, who am i kidding? *giggling*

met a couple of guys who are training for some competitions and they invited me to tag along during their training

these guys are fuckin amazing, from their lack of fear, athleticism, flexibility, strength...just amazing athletes

Load Metric
    thats far and away the worst soundtrack for anything ever.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    What's with the guy sitting down? Isn't that a crutch attached to his arm or is that some kind of device to help do tricks?

I guess I'll just watch the video even though I'm fucking lazy.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Great video with enjoyable soundtrack. Wrong forum for this type action
    Martin Curacao 95.5 KWNR Radio Host "We see 192 000 miles for your car. How did you put on that many miles since 2005?"

2005 Chevy Impala owner "Drove it"

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by offthetop View Post
    Great video with enjoyable soundtrack.
    amazed at the quality of the video..was shot with DSLR camera

Bronze
    Load Metric
    The light suit stuff has lots of potential.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    My 5 year old parkours all over the furniture when American ninja warrior is on

Load Metric
    Parkour made gymnastics cool. Absolutely amazing what these guys can do. Nto the best video below but I remember this being the first parkour video I ever saw. amazing almost 10 years ago...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Absolutely amazing what these guys can do.
    This. These guys amaze me. I can't believe they don't get hurt more.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by offthetop View Post
    Great video with enjoyable soundtrack.
    why does this amaze you? most hd videos are shot with dslr cameras these days.

also lol at the lack of fear. we could debate the difference between lack of fear and stupidity all day, but just to lay it all out it's stupidity not lack of fear.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

also lol at the lack of fear. we could debate the difference between lack of fear and stupidity all day, but just to lay it all out it's stupidity not lack of fear.

i was news cameraman years back shooting on betacam cameras costing around 70k, also shot on 16mm film, and comparing the end results one can achieve with a $500 body coupled with a few lenses, well, that amazes me, my slightly hostile friend

fearlessness or stupidity? totally subjective, but i tend to lean to the former, but you have to understand what makes these guys tick

Load Metric
    I guess Mario and Luigi were based on true characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric

i was news cameraman years back shooting on betacam cameras costing around 70k, also shot on 16mm film, and comparing the end results one can achieve with a $500 body coupled with a few lenses, well, that amazes me, my slightly hostile friend

fearlessness or stupidity? totally subjective, but i tend to lean to the former, but you have to understand what makes these guys tick
    http://www.youtube.com/devinsupertramp

this guy shoots most of his videos with dslr's and no they aren't 500 dollar bodies. decent cameras are 1500-2500 and sometimes more. decent lenses usually start at 1k but can go up into the 10k's.

*giggling*
    Load Metric

this guy shoots most of his videos with dslr's and no they aren't 500 dollar bodies. decent cameras are 1500-2500 and sometimes more. decent lenses usually start at 1k but can go up into the 10k's.
    you can get comparable quality with the cheaper bodies, all you need are quality prime lenses

only problem with cheaper bodies is overheating if filming for prolonged periods

Load Metric

you can get comparable quality with the cheaper bodies, all you need are quality prime lenses

only problem with cheaper bodies is overheating if filming for prolonged periods
    you shouldn't film for longer than 15 minutes at a time for most of them, even with higher end camcorders.

also, the sensor is just as important as the lens. the sensor on cheaper bodies isn't always going to be able to keep up with the quality of the lens.

Thread Information