Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Iceman the movie

Load Metric

The Iceman the movie

No, not the fat black poker player but the mafia hitman. Just saw it today as was early release. Great movie. It will fly under the radar since it seems to be more of an independant movie but has some big name actors.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/the-iceman-2012/

For everyone that hasnt heard of this guy, you need to watch some of the documentaries of him in prison. Crazy shit.

Load Metric
    This crazy fuck makes any movie worth watching...
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    This crazy fuck makes any movie worth watching...
    He is obv god in boardwalk empire

Michael Shannon

Richard Kuklinski
    Winona Ryder
    Deborah Pellicotti
    James Franco
    Marty Freeman
    Ray Liotta
    Roy Demeo
    David Schwimmer
    Josh Rosenthal
    Chris Evans
    Mr. Freezy

Star studded cast for any movie let alone an indepedant.

Load Metric
    I second CMONEY's support of the Iceman documentary on YouTube; really incredible. I've never been left with such an uncomfortable feeling from an interview with a psychopath.

I like reading anything related to true crime. The book by Phillip Carlo (Confessions of a Mafia Killer, something like that) was excellent. He also wrote a great book called Gaspipe, chronicling the life of Anthony 'Gaspipe' Casso, former Lucchese boss or underboss.

I thought I remember hearing that Mickey Rourke was going to play Iceman in something, which would have been great. I am excited to see the guy from Boardwalk but I've always found him really awkward.

Load Metric
    watched this when it first aired on hbo, so good.

ill never forget the part about how he tied a dude up in a cave and put a video camera there focused on him, and let it run for 24 hours while the rats ate the dude alive. then he retrieved the camera, waited for his family to go to bed, and watched the tape while drinking a beer.

and thats when he realized he wasnt normal.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    also michael shannon is the perfect choice. hes physically large enough to carry the role; kuklinski often relied on his size during work.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    watched this when it first aired on hbo, so good.

ill never forget the part about how he tied a dude up in a cave and put a video camera there focused on him, and let it run for 24 hours while the rats ate the dude alive. then he retrieved the camera, waited for his family to go to bed, and watched the tape while drinking a beer.

and thats when he realized he wasnt normal.
    Had the camera on super EP mode?
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    security camera im guessing, shrug.

Load Metric
    And where the fuck was the power in a cave? I shouldn't be the only one asking these questions.

At least we can agree on Michael Shannon. Remember when he fucked Eminem's Mom in "8 Mile"?

Load Metric
    car battery.

Load Metric
    uh... shrug..?

Load Metric
    And where the fuck was the power in a cave? I shouldn't be the only one asking these questions.

At least we can agree on Michael Shannon. Remember when he fucked Eminem's Mom in "8 Mile"?
    That HBO show started off as a brag fest for him, then he realized being on HBO was better than doing time, so it turned into a BS fest.
    They couldn't find proof of like 90 guys that he said he killed, including that one.
    No one ever backed that story up, like it wouldn't be legendary in the Mob.

That said it was gruesome fiction.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

That HBO show started off as a brag fest for him, then he realized being on HBO was better than doing time, so it turned into a BS fest.
    They couldn't find proof of like 90 guys that he said he killed, including that one.

Agree I watched this ages ago but didn;t get through it for the same reasons. Surprised more people don;t state the obvious that the guy is exagerating so much. I've seen 13 year olds bragging about how much meth they do that have more credibility than this guy. surprised to hear that Sonatine thought this was so good.
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 05-01-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Load Metric
    finally decided to google the guy and foudn this right away.

Richard “The Iceman” Kuklinski died on this day, March 5th, in 2006 at age 70.

The 6’5″ (195 cm), 300 pound (135 kg) Kuklinski worked for Newark’s DeCavalcante crime family and New York City’s Five Families.

He claimed to have murdered over 100, or possibly 250 men (his recollections varied) between 1948 and 1986.

It probably should not be surprising that, in addition to being a killer, Kuklinski was also a habitual liar.

He did kill a lot of people, there is indisputable forensic evidence proving that. He did however also confess to quite a few murders (Including Jimmy Hoffa) that he could not possibly have comitted – Most likely just for attention.

He claimed to have personally killed Carmine Galante with a 357.Magnum but his claim was proven false when the pathologist said the cause of death was multiple shotgun wounds. He also claimed to have killed Paul Castellano personally although his role in the hit was as a backup shooter down the street nowhere near the Boss’ Lincoln.

In 1988, a New Jersey court convicted Kuklinski of five murders and sentenced him to consecutive life sentences, making him ineligible for parole until age 110.

Kuklinski died at age 70 at 1:20 a.m. on March 5, 2006. He was in a secure wing at St. Francis Medical Center in Trenton, New Jersey at the time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

Agree I watched this ages ago but didn;t get through it for the same reasons. Surprised more people don;t state the obvious that the guy is exagerating so much. I've seen 13 year olds bragging about how much meth they do that have more credibility than this guy.
    This is fair, but there's something about the way he deadpans that makes it seem convincing.

Someone like Ted Bundy would get all animated/excited when exaggerating; guys like Iceman and Dahmer just come across so cold.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Agree I watched this ages ago but didn;t get through it for the same reasons. Surprised more people don;t state the obvious that the guy is exagerating so much. I've seen 13 year olds bragging about how much meth they do that have more credibility than this guy.
    This is fair, but there's something about the way he deadpans that makes it seem convincing.

Someone like Ted Bundy would get all animated/excited when exaggerating; guys like Iceman and Dahmer just come across so cold.
    I don;t know maybe its because I interview young psychopaths occasionally but I find that even 15 year olds can spot this bullshit pretty quickly. I've seen so many young kids come in acting like this jackass and get torn apart. Contrary to popular belief most are not attention whores.

That being said he clearly is a psychopath but don;t think there is anything of value listening to a chronic liar.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good movies and saw them some years ago. As a kid and working for a bookie who was an associate of the outfit I knew these types existed, but what's admirable about him is that he was strictly business. However it can only go on for so long as after 100 killings his number came up. Still chilling the man is and indeed this movie depicts a monster to the max.

Load Metric
    Haven't seen the movie yet, but I read the book a couple years ago
    - http://www.amazon.com/The-Ice-Man-Co.../dp/0312938845

Book was super good, the way this guy talks about all his killings and shit with 0.0 remorse is sick.

Load Metric
    Guys I watched the 2012 Iceman movie last night and IT IS SERIOUSLY WEIRDLY GOOD.

Its on netflix, hollar at it. And fast forward through all the scenes with his family for good measure.

Load Metric
    Like its definitely 'based on' his life story loosely but the spirit of the thing shines through.

Thread Information