Thread: Netflix losing 1800+ titles this month

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Netflix losing 1800+ titles this month

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/30/42...rting-tomorrow

The original programming they have been adding is great but if you lose this much shit your going to have a lot of public outcry

Banned
    Load Metric
    Does 1800 sound like a lot to you? How many titles would you guess that Netflix has available for streaming?

Licensing deals come and go. I was miffed when they lost Stargate, but I understand those deals don't last forever. In the last several months Netflix inked new deals with Time Warner subsidiaries and Disney. They're still spending billions per year on this stuff.

The same thing happens on premium cable networks. This might seem more noteworthy for Netflix because it's mostly known for syndicated shows and licensed movies. Nobody really cares when HBO loses the rights to a particular catalogue of movies, because very few people sign up with HBO to watch movies or even their old shows. Netflix is probably trying to position itself similarly, making its main attraction original hit shows. In the meantime, I imagine their streaming library will remain very robust.

Load Metric
    glad i dumped them over a year ago, had signed up with netflix when they first started
    even spent $350 for a top of the line blueray player with internetz when they first came out, now they are so cheap it's a jopke but good for consumers
    Last edited by Rollo Tomasi; 05-01-2013 at 02:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Does 1800 sound like a lot to you? How many titles would you guess that Netflix has available for streaming?
    It all depends on the quality of newer stuff they add. They have put a whole lot of junk on their lately except for a few things like House of Cards.

Load Metric

Licensing deals come and go. I was miffed when they lost Stargate, but I understand those deals don't last forever. In the last several months Netflix inked new deals with Time Warner subsidiaries and Disney. They're still spending billions per year on this stuff.

The same thing happens on premium cable networks. This might seem more noteworthy for Netflix because it's mostly known for syndicated shows and licensed movies. Nobody really cares when HBO loses the rights to a particular catalogue of movies, because very few people sign up with HBO to watch movies or even their old shows. Netflix is probably trying to position itself similarly, making its main attraction original hit shows. In the meantime, I imagine their streaming library will remain very robust.

Its literally 1800+ of their best movies, aka obscure masterpieces that you cant torrent. Did you read the article?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Bronze
    Load Metric

I saw an interesting invterview on Fox Business yesterday regarding Netflix and the recent bump in subscriptions with the show 'House of Cards'. Guy was basically saying that Netflix was a "House of Cards" since they had such a poor structuring deal regarding the show and its rights compared to other broadcasting companies like HBO, Showtime etc. Also talked about how they do a poor job with putting the whole season out at once (ie, I can watch it all for a free trial), they don't own the rights when it goes to DVD, and its already slated to be picked up by broadcast TV since the episodes are made specifically for it but Netflix only owns the rights for 3 yrs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post

I saw an interesting invterview on Fox Business yesterday regarding Netflix and the recent bump in subscriptions with the show 'House of Cards'. Guy was basically saying that Netflix was a "House of Cards" since they had such a poor structuring deal regarding the show and its rights compared to other broadcasting companies like HBO, Showtime etc. Also talked about how they do a poor job with putting the whole season out at once (ie, I can watch it all for a free trial), they don't own the rights when it goes to DVD, and its already slated to be picked up by broadcast TV since the episodes are made specifically for it but Netflix only owns the rights for 3 yrs
    Which article are you referring to?

I'm assuming this one: http://www.foxbusiness.com/technolog...ar-24-percent/

But there's also this one from a day prior: http://www.foxbusiness.com/technolog...eaming-growth/

Neither of them accurately fit your summary.

Check out this article from a month prior: http://articles.marketwatch.com/2013...cials-roku-box

Experts are mixed on Netflix, but I think its simple. They're historically innovative and there's high demand for their product; I envision them continuing to pioneer the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Its literally 1800+ of their best movies, aka obscure masterpieces that you cant torrent. Did you read the article?
    You're being overly dramatic. Its literally 1794 titles, the vast majority of them not obscure masterpieces, rather forgetable. Netflix goes on.

Here's the list, linked from the article: http://instantwatcher.com/titles/expiring/

Load Metric
    Blonde and Blonder 2007 PG-13 2.6 expiring May 5 Pamela Anderson, Denise Richards 1:35

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Is there a difference from the apple tv netflix compared to whatever other type of netflix service their is? The Apple TV one has such few new movies it's a joke.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    No, I didn't read it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Highbrow View Post
    Here's the list, linked from the article: http://instantwatcher.com/titles/expiring/
    limitles, is this true?

Un Chien Andalou 1929 NR 3.6 expiring May 15 0:16 | play queue

WWE: Bobby The Brain Heenan 2010 NR 3.6 expiring May 15 HD 0:50 | play queue

Breaking the Code: Chris Jericho 2010 NR 3.8 expiring May 15 Chris Jericho HD 1:46 | play queue

WWE: Hart & Soul: Hart Family Anthology 2010 NR 3.7 expiring May 15 1:37 | play queue

WWE: The John Cena Experience 2010 NR 3.6 expiring May 15 John Cena HD 1:56 | play queue

WWE: The Rise & Fall of WCW 2009 NR 3.7 expiring May 15 1:44 | play queue

WWE: Top 50 Superstars of All Time 2010 NR 3.8 expiring May 15 Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Big Show, John Cena, Randy Orton HD 3:30 | play queue

WWE: Twist of Fate: Matt & Jeff Hardy 2008 NR 3.8 expiring May 15 Jeff Hardy 5:22 | play queue

May 16
    Limitless 2011 PG-13 4.1 NYT Review expiring May 16 HD Cc 1:45 | play queue

http://instantwatcher.com/titles/expiring/2

Load Metric
    As long as they still have Doctor Who, it's all good people.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    Umm no

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    mo money yall

Bronze
    Load Metric
    One of the problems with Netflix is their current selection of movies available to stream online. They are stilli missing numerous classic movies from their streaming library, whether it has to do with a licensing agreement, or they do have the right but are slow to update their library.

Thread Information