Thread: Quality of Sleep

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Quality of Sleep

Over the past few years I feel the quality of sleep that I have gotten has gotten worse and worse. First, I have trouble falling asleep. I toss and turn and wake up probably every 2 to 3 hours. Try to get 8-9 hours of sleep and feel groggy when I wake up.

The only time I feel refreshed and get a great nights sleep is when I stay in a hotel. Was in Vegas a month ago and slept like a baby. 6-7 hours straight through and when I woke up I felt like GOD.

I like a firm mattress. My mattress at home is firm but not as firm as a hotels. Also the temperature in my house is definitely warmer than in a hotel room. Definitely can hear noises going on through out the house when I am in my room which is a problem because I don't sleep through much.

Currently I am 6'0 240lbs and have lower back pain. I'm sure losing 30lbs would help the issue.

I guess my question is what suggestions, if any, are there to improve my quality of sleep and what has helped you if you have had this same type of problem.

Load Metric
    I'm getting deja vu here.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    me feels for you OP maybe something here will help you

GL with 8-9 hours tho maybe aim lower, 6 hours is enough for me

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ighlight=sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE DOUBLE View Post
    Currently I am 6'0 240lbs and have lower back pain. I'm sure losing 30lbs would help the issue.

I guess my question is what suggestions, if any, are there to improve my quality of sleep and what has helped you if you have had this same type of problem.
    your problem is that you are master of your domain, as ...

Cubic Zirconia donk_tilt7.0Alpha's Avatar
    Load Metric
    a bedside fan and some melatonin to go with your new mattress.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Over the past few years I feel the quality of sleep that I have gotten has gotten worse and worse. First, I have trouble falling asleep. I toss and turn and wake up probably every 2 to 3 hours. Try to get 8-9 hours of sleep and feel groggy when I wake up.

The only time I feel refreshed and get a great nights sleep is when I stay in a hotel. Was in Vegas a month ago and slept like a baby. 6-7 hours straight through and when I woke up I felt like GOD.

I like a firm mattress. My mattress at home is firm but not as firm as a hotels. Also the temperature in my house is definitely warmer than in a hotel room. Definitely can hear noises going on through out the house when I am in my room which is a problem because I don't sleep through much.

Get yourself checked for sleep apnea. If you have sleep apnea and start using a CPAP, you will notice a considerable difference.

Also, do you have any pets? They might be keeping you awake without you even really realizing it. You talking about getting better sleep at a hotel made me think of this because I have had the same issue at times.

Load Metric

sleep apnea is a definite possibility, probably guess #1, if you have insurance, a sleep study could diagnose that

your mention of hearing noises in the house, waking every few hours almost sounds like hyper-vigilance, and could point to an anxiety issue. do you have any history of anxiety or depression?

as far as weight/back pain, i started swimming last year when i had a knee issue, and i can't emphasize how much better i feel. i was a horrible swimmer, really bad when i began. my ex-wife and my last girlfriend who was 5'3 both used to essentially lap me swimming, i was that bad. so it was embarrassing to start doing out in public, but i just stuck with it, and i can't tell you how good i feel. i always had neck issues, pain in between shoulder blades, and lifting a lot, i was always dealing with some annoyance even though i did a lot of stretching. since i started swimming, i just feel so loose, and my sleep, and any skeletal issues are just much better. you can basically eat anything you want without gaining also. my gym opened at 6AM, so often i stayed up until then and finished my day right when they opened. occasionally i started day with it, but it will make you hungry all day, which can hurt if you're trying to lose. you won't gain, but at 240, you could definitely drop a few. am cardio works for a lot of people, for me pm cardio and then bed works a lot better.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

sleep apnea is a definite possibility, probably guess #1, if you have insurance, a sleep study could diagnose that

your mention of hearing noises in the house, waking every few hours almost sounds like hyper-vigilance, and could point to an anxiety issue. do you have any history of anxiety or depression?

as far as weight/back pain, i started swimming last year when i had a knee issue, and i can't emphasize how much better i feel. i was a horrible swimmer, really bad when i began. my ex-wife and my last girlfriend who was 5'3 both used to essentially lap me swimming, i was that bad. so it was embarrassing to start doing out in public, but i just stuck with it, and i can't tell you how good i feel. i always had neck issues, pain in between shoulder blades, and lifting a lot, i was always dealing with some annoyance even though i did a lot of stretching. since i started swimming, i just feel so loose, and my sleep, and any skeletal issues are just much better. you can basically eat anything you want without gaining also. my gym opened at 6AM, so often i stayed up until then and finished my day right when they opened. occasionally i started day with it, but it will make you hungry all day, which can hurt if you're trying to lose. you won't gain, but at 240, you could definitely drop a few. am cardio works for a lot of people, for me pm cardio and then bed works a lot better.
    +1, otherwise you will pay about $4000 for you to go to a sleep center and have someone to watch you sleep for 8 hours...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Setup a laptop facing you while you sleep with the webcam recording the entire thing ftw.

I have weird sleep patterns as well that come and go. For example I'll be perfectly fine for month getting 6.5-8 hours of sleep a night then all the sudden I'll get insomnia for a week where the most I can sleep at one time is maybe 3 hours. It sucks when this happens since it ruins your whole day not feeling motivated to do a lot. Sometimes I just push through it but the worst feeling is laying their being tired trying to sleep yet not being able to do so. Not only does that suck but it's a waste of time in your day so I'd rather just wake up.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Setup a laptop facing you while you sleep with the webcam recording the entire thing ftw.

I have weird sleep patterns as well that come and go. For example I'll be perfectly fine for month getting 6.5-8 hours of sleep a night then all the sudden I'll get insomnia for a week where the most I can sleep at one time is maybe 3 hours. It sucks when this happens since it ruins your whole day not feeling motivated to do a lot. Sometimes I just push through it but the worst feeling is laying their being tired trying to sleep yet not being able to do so. Not only does that suck but it's a waste of time in your day so I'd rather just wake up.
    2 Advil PM FTW. Works every time for me. However make sure you allow about 8 hours of sleep for these pills to do their job- if you don't you might feel like a bag of shit when you wake up.

Load Metric
    Misread the title and thought this was gonna be a whacked out Wiz thread. Thought is said

Quality of Sheep.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

2 Advil PM FTW. Works every time for me. However make sure you allow about 8 hours of sleep for these pills to do their job- if you don't you might feel like a bag of shit when you wake up.
    I rather not take anything. I'm not a fan of pills in general even if it's only something for a headache. Relying on a medication to sleep is not something I want to do and I never know when will be one of these nights that I can't sleep so if it's a night I hit the booze too much then I'd definitely not want to pop a pill after that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Misread the title and thought this was gonna be a whacked out Wiz thread. Thought is said Quality of Sheep.
    LOL exact same thing happened to me.

To the OP - I find that vigorous exercise helps my sleep patterns tremendously. Try it - I promise it will help.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Thread Information