Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sopranos was overrated.

Load Metric
    OMG AJ PARKED HIS HUMMER ON SOME LEAVES YOULL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    OMG AJ PARKED HIS HUMMER ON SOME LEAVES YOULL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
    Next time I play cards with him, I will make sure to tell him of such disrespect. Disgraciad.

Load Metric
    OMG YOU GUYS REMEMBER WHEN THEY MADE LIKE 3 STRAIGHT SEASONS ABOUT HOW MEAN CARMELLA WAS AND HOW THE KIDS LET TONY BUY THEIR AFFECTION?

SUPER COMPELLING SHIT.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    OMG YOU GUYS REMEMBER WHEN THEY MADE LIKE 3 STRAIGHT SEASONS ABOUT HOW MEAN CARMELLA WAS AND HOW THE KIDS LET TONY BUY THEIR AFFECTION?

SUPER COMPELLING SHIT.

Remember when they had the most bad ass character ever in Furio Junta absolutely brilliantly written into the series at the perfect time to continue on the shit kicking mayhem everyone wants to see.....

..... and turned him into a gigantic faggot and wrote him off a season later because they fucked up so bad.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

SUPER COMPELLING SHIT.

Remember when they had the most bad ass character ever in Furio Junta absolutely brilliantly written into the series at the perfect time to continue on the shit kicking mayhem everyone wants to see.....

..... and turned him into a gigantic faggot and wrote him off a season later because they fucked up so bad.

remember when they shoehorned in an explanation for his absence via 6 seconds of dialog in yet another fight between carmella and tony? oh also remember how they would just whip up another fucking fight between tony and carmella every single time they needed to resolve a plot cul-de-sac and were too uninspired to address it via actual story telling / world building?

furio was a classic example of the writers starving a character of relevance/opportunity/depth because the second they let anyone (looking at you ralph) obtain a measure of depth beyond HURRR IM A HUGE FUCKUP CLOWN it suddenly exposed the character of tony as absolutely nothing but a cartoon character who had absolutely no motivation beyond getting his dick wet and hoarding money which btw they constantly alluded to (russians) but absolutely never actually explained beyond HURRRR RUSSIANS.

like remember in the wire when they had the whole prop joe / marlo / money laundering arc and in about 30 minutes explained the entire process up to and including marlo flying to fuckin aruba or something to literally check his bank account?

but the best the sopranos could do is show tony handing a duffel bag to a russian followed by 46 consecutive hours of carmella whining about how she was no more informed about his money than the fucking audience?

super great sophisticated insightful stuff.

Load Metric
    OMG FURIO CANT HELP HIMSELF WITH CARMELLA BECAUSE SHES SOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL AS OPPOSED TO THE 23 YEAR OLD STRIPPERS HE HAS ON SPEED DIAL

Load Metric
    The Sopranos creator David Chase accidentally reveals what really happened to Tony Soprano in the series' final scene

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-Soprano.html

Okay, if the last episode of the Sopranos, had Tony’s “death scene” in the diner then who killed him?

Comments

Tellafriend:

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    IDK, I guess all those Emmy's the show and Galofini(Tony) and Falco(Carmella) were all a MIRAGE and bunch of horseshit.
    The acting was brilliant by many of the characters in this show, and the final 13 episodes were great. So many shows suck in the end. In my opinion, the Sopranos was not one of them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Okay, if the last episode of the Sopranos, had Tony’s “death scene” in the diner then who killed him?
    The guy in the member's only jacket.

Load Metric
    what a vapid, stupid show.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs13.3 View Post
    IDK, I guess all those Emmy's the show and Galofini(Tony) and Falco(Carmella) were all a MIRAGE and bunch of horseshit.
    The acting was brilliant by many of the characters in this show, and the final 13 episodes were great. So many shows suck in the end. In my opinion, the Sopranos was not one of them.
    They did manage to pull it together that last season. Love or hate the ending it’s talked about to this day.

Just don’t ask me to give them much of a pass on what they did starting with season 3 and working its way through to just before the final season.

Comments

Tellafriend: after my initial irritation, i found the ending to be what it needed

Silver
    Load Metric
    Wasn't there a seaon of this show where Tony was in a hospital bed and half the season was a dream sequence?

Talk about milking the cow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Wasn't there a seaon of this show where Tony was in a hospital bed and half the season was a dream sequence?

yeah and the amazing plot twist was OOOO HES TOTALLY A NORMAL DUDE IN HIS DREAM WORLD

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Viewers have different perspectives when watching shows. No doubt the show had ebbs and flows. If you enjoy podcasts, I recommend Talking Soprano's hosted by Michael Imperoli and Steve Schrimpia. They breakdown every episode and give excellent information how the entertainment industry works.

Silver
    Load Metric

yeah and the amazing plot twist was OOOO HES TOTALLY A NORMAL DUDE IN HIS DREAM WORLD
    You could throw a dart at TV guide and be a coin-flip to find a better TV Drama than this.

All the music choices and the entire 1st season (especially the pilot) were very good though.

Load Metric

You could throw a dart at TV guide and be a coin-flip to find a better TV Drama than this.

All the music choices and the entire 1st season (especially the pilot) were very good though.

yeah but are we really awarding style points for something that scorcese not only pioneered, but did so in the same genre?

Load Metric
    so how fat do you want ur statue to be the budget is going to ur calves so far

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I would have fucked Flynn real good.

Load Metric
    I agree w/Sonatine on a lot, this is not one of them.

There is a new podcast, hosted by I'm sure a PFA, favorite Jemele Hill
    and some dude from TMZ for "The Wire"
    I haven't watched it since it came out, but
    The Wire and Sopranos are just off on an island as the top 2.

If you asked me 15 years ago, what are your favorite drama series'
    1 Sopranos
    2 The Wire
    3 NYPD Blue

You ask me today, only GOT and Narco's slip into # 3 & #4
    The 1st like 4-5 seasons of NYPD Blue, if it was on cable, and didn't need a separate crime to
    be solved every week, would be top top.
    I haven't seen everything, but my rankings (from top 50 list) would include Breaking Bad, the Shield SOA, Oz,
    Peaky Blinders, Deadwood, Band of Brothers, Boardwalk Empire, & Madmen,

The 50 Best TV Shows of All Time
    https://wealthygorilla.com/best-tv-shows/
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    ha ha ha chris killed her dog but its funny because he was high when he did it.

Thread Information