Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vikings

Load Metric
    i completely agree about ecbert, he was a great character and boy o boy do we not have a replacement on the horizon.

the sooner floki gets back to iceland, the more faith ill have in the direction this show is going.

truth be told ive kinda written off this season at this point. ivar needs to get a cold and die, harald needs to dispatch lagartha and unify the realm, and then suddenly we have harald, bjorn, floki (hopefully), and rollo YES ROLLO aka the fucking first king of normandy on the stage and that has a lot of potential imo.

like at that point (in real world history between 870 and 885 AD), alfred has 'defended' england from the vikings, harald ascends to the throne, floki has a settlement in iceland, and vikings again attack paris but fail to breach the walls, and are granted passage on the seine which gives them access to burgandy etc. and for a bonus round, vikings have a flourishing settlement in russia of all places.

thats pretty fucking fertile ground, least of all since Ivar the Overacting will be moldering under the earth and with him, a lot of shitty set pieces and grossly unrealistic plot twists.

so yeah im settling in for the ride but im also tempering expectations.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    also not for nothing but vikings were prolific travelers / adventurers and we constantly find weird viking artifacts in places that essentially create a rewrite of history. we 100% know that at least one viking had 'allah' tattoo'd on him, for example. on top of which, muslims basically invaded italy in 825 AD and owned most of southern italy by 840 AD. so again its not at all unrealistic for bjorn to travel to italy and from there to africa, its just somehow been made boring.

but yeah point being, the showrunners clearly understand their history, its not an accident that floki discovered iceland and he's clearly based on the real life floki.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    oh, look. Tine is criticizing the writing of a show he never misses, again.

If only Santa could bring us Game of Tines the world would be right again

C’mon, man. Either get something better in production or give it a fucking break already.

also, merry Xmas

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    oh, look. Tine is criticizing the writing of a show he never misses, again.

If only Santa could bring us Game of Tines the world would be right again

C’mon, man. Either get something better in production or give it a fucking break already.

also, merry Xmas

Name:  a4256568346_5.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  78.9 KB

Load Metric
    I guess druff is allowing users to post private photos again?

this is what happens when the site owner allows no mods

Load Metric
    so, seriously? that was bjorn's big adventure?

also the bromance between JRM and ivar is questionable.

weirdly im looking forward to the next season once we thin the fucking heard a bit, character wise.

Load Metric
    cool a battle where absolutely no principle characters got hurt.

Load Metric
    dont get me wrong, im not like fuck this show, i _think_ i still enjoy it.. but between the road warrior armor and a lot of people doing a lot of shit that doesnt quite make sense, im hoping that whatever happens after the next two eps wrap up is going to bring something compelling to the table.

Load Metric
    theory:

next season, floki and pals bump into the irish monks who have an established colony in iceland and floki realizes that this prooooobably isnt actually land of the gods so he sends everyone back to kattegat and is like 'yeah ill catch up just gotta tidy up a bit' and then he goes on a walkabout to the mediterranean, takes hash in a mosque, finds peace with allah, and realizes that makes him... exactly what athelstan was. you know, the guy whose throat floki slit for corrupting ragnar's faith in floki's old gods.

Load Metric
    UHHHHH THIS SHOW IS INCREDIBLE

Comments

wrenchjockey: that pass to Diggs WAS miraculous.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Im currently on i think the third or fourth ep of season 4. I would be forever grateful if anyone could find me a torrent download or whatever of all of season 4 and on with captions. I found captioned torrents for the first couple of seasons but that was all i could find. I know HULU carries Vikings but they really pissed me off, so id like to find another medium...especially one I can just download.

I cant hear worth a shit and am really used to having captions even though I now have hearing aids.

Thanks

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Im currently on i think the third or fourth ep of season 4. I would be forever grateful if anyone could find me a torrent download or whatever of all of season 4 and on with captions. I found captioned torrents for the first couple of seasons but that was all i could find. I know HULU carries Vikings but they really pissed me off, so id like to find another medium...especially one I can just download.

I cant hear worth a shit and am really used to having captions even though I now have hearing aids.

Thanks
    Season 4
    Nice quality, mostly 1080P with subtitles included. (separate English.srt files not hard coded)
    https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/171...elistContainer

Comments

Gordman: THANK YOU!

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    They will probably win on sunday because of the whole home field in the Superbowl thing. Plus the eagles won't score any points thing

Comments

Tellafriend: so much this ^

wrenchjockey: Best show on TV

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Thanks
    Season 4
    Nice quality, mostly 1080P with subtitles included. (separate English.srt files not hard coded)
    https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/171...elistContainer
    Thank you sir I really appreciate it!

I dont know how i couldnt find this before

I havent downloaded it yet because ive been busy the last couple of days, but it looks good.

Load Metric
    bumping for season finale tomorrow night.

i have absolutely no idea what to expect. like none.

rollo sending troops to support ivar is such a weird fucking wildcard ..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

They have run out of story lines -

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

<--- points at literally history

ivar did raid england for years and eventually died there, we think we found his burial mound a few years ago iirc.

harald actually did become the first king of a unified norway.

rollo became the first ruler of normandy, his son was william longsword ruled after him and eventually ruled normandy and sicily among other territories.

my point here is that there is a lot of fertile ground to explore in season 6, which is going to be 20 eps, without it going entirely to shit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

<--- points at literally history

ivar did raid england for years and eventually died there, we think we found his burial mound a few years ago iirc.

harald actually did become the first king of a unified norway.

rollo became the first ruler of normandy, his son was william longsword ruled after him and eventually ruled normandy and sicily among other territories.

my point here is that there is a lot of fertile ground to explore in season 6, which is going to be 20 eps, without it going entirely to shit.

I guess i did a poor job of saying what i meant. in a nutshell, all the stuff that made it great seems to be lost or diminished. Bjorn's exploration of the med was just stupid. they could have done so much there. religion is only something that floki takes the time to ponder. and what a weak backstory to how they set up this new community in Iceland. the new priest has sworn allegiance to anyone who will listen and bangs a queen w/n minutes -- oh, and they are all treating him like Ragnor did Applestan. (Forgive misspellings) Everyone simply picks sides and fights. Meh. Was a big fan of the earlier seasons. Now just a consumer.

Load Metric
    Did the king really die from a bee sting?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    Did the king really die from a bee sting?
    Yes. Odd he’d never been bit before. And his weird laugh when stung— he had just used that as analogy for whipping the Vikings. Now the make the inexperienced kid king. Judith should have kept it.

Thread Information