Views: 248
Size:  318.5 KB

Comments

sonatine: got us

gimmick:
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Load Metric

dec 4 yall
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Started watching this on hulu.

You son of a bitch, I'm in.

Load Metric
    by the by there is going to be a vikings sequel on netflix called vikings: valhalla or something.

make of that what you will, but im fucking feeling the lack of commercials plus the lack of pressure to rope in advertisers, which could very well translate into the kind of moody, laconic, thoughtful examination of viking culture that made the first 2 seasons so brilliant.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    quick reminder that floki was arguably the one character that tied together the entire series from bell to bell and they literally had him get buried under a christian monastery in iceland during an earthquake and the next time we saw him, ragnars son found him in a treehouse in oregon and then they talked some shit while watching the ocean and the series ended.

never forget what they took from us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    by the by there is going to be a vikings sequel on netflix called vikings: valhalla or something.

make of that what you will, but im fucking feeling the lack of commercials plus the lack of pressure to rope in advertisers, which could very well translate into the kind of moody, laconic, thoughtful examination of viking culture that made the first 2 seasons so brilliant.
    I made it through 10 minutes of this piece of shit spin off.

Netflix is a perfect representation of the American Regime. Everything it touches turns to shit.

Comments

sonatine: it was pure uncut trash yes

Gold
    Load Metric
    quick reminder that floki was arguably the one character that tied together the entire series from bell to bell and they literally had him get buried under a christian monastery in iceland during an earthquake and the next time we saw him, ragnars son found him in a treehouse in oregon and then they talked some shit while watching the ocean and the series ended.

Thoughts on the new series that featured Leif Erickson and the black woman as a Viking king? If you ignore the fact all the female characters somehow being stronger than the male ones (which is to be expected in most martial stories nowadays) I thought it was enjoyable enough.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Thoughts on the new series that featured Leif Erickson and the black woman as a Viking king? If you ignore the fact all the female characters somehow being stronger than the male ones (which is to be expected in most martial stories nowadays) I thought it was enjoyable enough.

i didnt watch it. im sure it meant well but it just did nothing to get me interested.

i can almost guarantee ill roll the dice on it and about 3-4 minutes in be like 'yeah you know what? fuck this' but if things go better than expected ill ping back here im sure.

Load Metric
    just taking a quiet moment to reflect on what a dumb dicked soap opera this show turned into.

like really they basically nerfed floki's entire arc because ragnar's children were so poorly written and developed that following through on even a single one of the half dozen floki adventures they teased us with would have immediately turned the rest of the show into filler.

real life: omg we found a viking with 'allah' tattood on him.

the show: floki wanders into a mosque during prayer and experiences the existential power of a monolithic god religion for the first time in his entire life.

the show's focus: OH NO RAGNARS CLINICALLY INSANE PARALYZED SON CANT KNOCK UP HIS GIRLFRIEND AND HES SUPER STRESSED ABOUT IT.

Silver
    Load Metric
    just taking a quiet moment to reflect on what a dumb dicked soap opera this show turned into.

like really they basically nerfed floki's entire arc because ragnar's children were so poorly written and developed that following through on even a single one of the half dozen floki adventures they teased us with would have immediately turned the rest of the show into filler.

the show: floki wanders into a mosque during prayer and experiences the existential power of a monolithic god religion for the first time in his entire life.

the show's focus: OH NO RAGNARS CLINICALLY INSANE PARALYZED SON CANT KNOCK UP HIS GIRLFRIEND AND HES SUPER STRESSED ABOUT IT.
    As much well deserved hate as GOT gets for going from brilliant to trash I think a case can be made that this show has an even bigger delta between brilliant peak to trash trough.

And the trash trough lasted longer than GOT too. I hate myself for finishing the series. Zero point zero chance I ever watch any sequels, spin-offs, movies etc.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post

As much well deserved hate as GOT gets for going from brilliant to trash I think a case can be made that this show has an even bigger delta between brilliant peak to trash trough.

And the trash trough lasted longer than GOT too. I hate myself for finishing the series. Zero point zero chance I ever watch any sequels, spin-offs, movies etc.

yeah theres iron in these words.

im not sure which implosion im more bitter over. vikings, at least there was a logic to it; ad execs at history channel wanting to milk their cash cow.

GOT is by far the uglier bag fumble. GRRM has proven himself to be a coward hack who clearly wants to pull a frank herbert and die before the series is done so no one can dab on the ending, and the show runners, according to GRRM, just cut him out of the creative narrative completely and then started flirting with disney/star wars money. neither parties motives are clear and neither parties agendas entirely make sense. im waiting for a definitive breakdown of what happened there and until that happens, its like a bad rash that wont go away.

vikings.. at least i got closure there, theres no real mystery about that one.

Thread Information