Thread: snake in the grass is gone, quadjacks under new management

Load Metric

snake in the grass is gone, quadjacks under new management

Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    i guess the snake in the grass couldnt take it any more.. gg hope it turns into a good site now

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    i guess the snake in the grass couldnt take it any more.. gg hope it turns into a good site now
    Glad to see the real brains back in control. Wonder if SS will rejoin the fun in some form or fashion. Maybe they finally deported Zacs ass back to Canada (one too many misdemenor DWIs can cause that to happen actually). Then again Zacs been so busy with his supposed wannabe model gf. QJ had a great product initally after Black Friday.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm glad for Marco that now he's the owner and not the bitch. The site actually has a chance with him to becoming successful again since he was the face of it.

I find it funny how Marco left, Zachary hoped to keep it alive, and then he goes silent after it's brought to light that he rolled SrslySirius out of money for a website Srsly created. Once that info came out Zack disappeared along with very minimal activity on the QJ site before he realizes his cheap labor work horses (Marco and Srsly) aren't around anymore so it's time to give up on the site.

Hopefully Marco didn't get rolled by Zack Hart when he obtained all assets of QJ and if anything Zack should of just gave him the site for all the work Marco put into it.

Regardless, while Marco and Srsly gave the labor they did at it worked out for them in landing other jobs.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Interesting and surprising.

I thought Marco left on bad terms, but just kept quiet about it to avoid public drama.

Weird that he would go back and purchase it from Zac, especially considering that Zac is not the type of guy to let it go cheap.

I am wondering if Zac retains some secret ownership % but has agreed to be hands-off, hoping to make money through Marco's good rep while removing his own bad rep from the equation.

Otherwise this doesn't make a lot of sense. Why wouldn't Marco just start up his own site? It's not like Quadjacks still had a lot of traffic. It has a rank of nearly 2 million in Alexa, which is horrendous.

BTW, speaking of has-been sites, pokerroad.com is now offline. Guess Sebok couldn't afford the server bills while crushing hella grapes for a living.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Marco Valerio ‏@AgentMarco 5m

In case you were wondering, yes, my return to @QuadJacksDotCom equals my departure from @GlobalPokerIndx. Many thanks + best of luck to GPI.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Some quick research reveals that Marco does not own QuadJacks, but there is indeed a new owner. This would explain why his title is General Manager.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Some quick research reveals that Marco does not own QuadJacks, but there is indeed a new owner. This would explain why his title is General Manager.
    That was my second theory.

Interesting.

This was probably all the doing of a third party, who bought out the site and then gifted some of it to Marco in exchange for his pahticipation again.

Banned
    Load Metric
    When things were going well, Zach claimed many times that he would not take $1 million for QuadJacks. I'm not sure how serious that was. But I'm very curious how much he tried to sell it for after its collapse. I don't think it was worth very much.

Load Metric
    When things were going well, Zach claimed many times that he would not take $1 million for QuadJacks. I'm not sure how serious that was. But I'm very curious how much he tried to sell it for after its collapse. I don't think it was worth very much.

so canadians think valuation is 10,000x earnings?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Placing a value on websites is very tough, and it's made tougher by the fact that the existing owner usually has an emotional attachment to it.

A guy who put a shitload of work into a website when he had big dreams is unlikely to let it go for $1,000, even if it's really worth only $200.

At the same time, a person looking to a buy a website will find every reason to state why it isn't really worth anything.

I went through this mess when trying to determine what DD was actually worth when I was selling my 26.4% there and getting out. Unfortunately I wasn't exactly dealing from a position of strength there, as I was looking to wash my hands of the whole thing. As was well-publicized in the following year, I sold my 26.4% for $1200, which seems like a great deal for me at this point, but was actually quite low based upon the site's sales and activity in 2011.

And of course, we all know about Jasep selling parts of VPR/Filthy Limper for outrageous sums of money.

I really wonder what Zac got for quadjacks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW, speaking of has-been sites, pokerroad.com is now offline. Guess Sebok couldn't afford the server bills while crushing hella grapes for a living.
    Name:  8667349324_9f0de433eb_m.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  18.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain39 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW, speaking of has-been sites, pokerroad.com is now offline. Guess barryg couldn't afford the server bills while crushing hella grapes for a living.
    Name:  8667349324_9f0de433eb_m.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  18.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Thread Information