Thread: Lock Poker closes an account & confiscates money based on a transfer that never happened!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Lock Poker closes an account & confiscates money based on a transfer that never happened!

Yet another fail by Lock.

efdrummer89 made this post, accusing Lock of closing his account based upon a false trading scam report:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...2&postcount=29

Another person, apparently unrelated to efdrummer89, brought attention to the situation in a new thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/19...funds-1318033/

Basicaly, here's the cliffs of the story:

- efdrummer89 agrees to send some other guy Lock money in exchange for Paypal, with the other guy sending the Paypal first.

- efdrummer89 claims to have never received the Paypal, so he never sent the Lock money.

- The guy claimed he DID send the Paypal, complained to Lock support, supposedly sending "screen shots and chat logs".

- Lock believed the guy and closed efdrummer89's account, and confiscated his money.

Now it's very possible that efdrummer89 was the actual scammer here, but that's not the point. I don't care who was right or wrong in this situation.

But here's the problem:

Why is Lock getting involved if no money ever changed hands on their site?!

They closed someone's account simply based upon a Paypal transaction log (which can easily be faked) and a chat log (which can also easily be faked).

If the transfer occurred on Lock, it makes sense that they have to get involved and make a decision regarding a potential scam.

But no money was ever sent on Lock! It should have been between the complainant and Paypal, and Lock should have never touched this one!

Here's another way of looking at it:

Here's another example:

Let's you post that you need $1,000 in Wells Fargo, and I respond telling you that I will trade for $1,000 in Bank of America. I ask you to transfer first, and you send me the money on BofA. Then I never send you the money on Wells Fargo. Could you go into Wells Fargo, show them chat logs and your BofA records, and get them to take $1,000 out of my account?

No. Wells Fargo would tell you to GTFO, and to take it up with either the police or Bank of America -- where the actual money changed hands. Wells Fargo has no moral or legal liability to get involved, since they were never part of any transactions here.

Same with Lock.

People should not be able to get others' accounts closed and/or money confiscated in situations where no transfers occurred on Lock.

Load Metric
    People bright enough to make the right decision in cases like this are not dumb enough to be working for Lock Poker. Nobody should be surprised when their incompetence shows up in every branch of their business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Thread Information