Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asshole Arizona Diamondbacks owner makes "visible" Dodgers fans change clothes

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Asshole Arizona Diamondbacks owner makes "visible" Dodgers fans change clothes

http://deadspin.com/dodgers-fans-at-...s-or-472797108

A family bought a behind-the-plate suite for $3000 (actually seems like a good deal when you see the size and location of it) for Sunday's Diamondbacks/Dodgers game in Phoenix, but Diamondbacks owner Ken Kendrick noticed the fans wearing Dodgers gear in the first inning.

He came down to the suite personally and bitched at the fans, demanding that they either change clothes or move to another suite. After threatening to have them kicked out for not complying, they backed down and changed clothes, which were provided by the Diamondbacks. This includes a 7-year-old girl wearing Dodgers gear.

They changed clothes and it looked like this:

Asshole move, especially since they got there way before the game, were seated by ushers, and nobody said a thing. Also, they could not find anywhere printed on their tickets that there was a rule against dressing in opposing teams' gear.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That is a dick move for sure! It's not offensive clothing that for TV purposes that you wouldn't want people to see it's just these people who paid a nice amount of money to support their team which happens to not be the home team.

What would seats like that (or the best possible ones for a group that size) cost at Dodger stadium?

I'm sure even adding in the travel expenses whether they flew or drove up together it's less money and easier to obtain those tickets in Arizona for obvious reasons.

Load Metric
    First off 3k is steep 2nd fck that I'd sue this fucker if possible and at the very least get my money back for my suite. You can sit Lexus club at Pirate games for 180 seats are right behind home plate!! I have sat in Giants gear b4 no problems hell I even had a beer with Ed Rendell and you are seen on TV every pitch. I dont get this at all?? The lexus clubs are not considered suites though. I think thats complete bs especially if you paid 3k for the suite. Looks like about 13 ppl sitting there so 230 a seat? FCKIN BS
    Last edited by badguy23; 04-16-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    gonna catch hell from selig

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    http://deadspin.com/dodgers-fans-at-...s-or-472797108

A family bought a behind-the-plate suite for $3000 (actually seems like a good deal when you see the size and location of it) for Sunday's Diamondbacks/Dodgers game in Phoenix, but Diamondbacks owner Ken Kendrick noticed the fans wearing Dodgers gear in the first inning.

He came down to the suite personally and bitched at the fans, demanding that they either change clothes or move to another suite. After threatening to have them kicked out for not complying, they backed down and changed clothes, which were provided by the Diamondbacks. This includes a 7-year-old girl wearing Dodgers gear.

They changed clothes and it looked like this:

Asshole move, especially since they got there way before the game, were seated by ushers, and nobody said a thing. Also, they could not find anywhere printed on their tickets that there was a rule against dressing in opposing teams' gear.
    I hate to say this but it also looks like they changed the heavier girls hair color from brunette to blonde. This owner must be hanging with the Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio if he thinks can get away with this bs!! In his defense her tits are huge and all I see is the A from the Dbacks logo when I look at the second picture guy is a great marketer!! Lousy Host!!
    Last edited by badguy23; 04-16-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post
    First off 3k is steep 2nd fck that I'd sue this fucker if possible and at the very least get my money back for my suite. You can sit Lexus club at Pirate games for 180 seats are right behind home plate!! I have sat in Giants gear b4 no problems hell I even had a beer with Ed Rendell and you are seen on TV every pitch. I dont get this at all?? The lexus clubs are not considered suites though. I think thats complete bs especially if you paid 3k for the suite. Looks like about 13 ppl sitting there so 230 a seat? FCKIN BS
    My cousin married some rich guy that gets these kind of tickets for Astros games. I got to go once. Right behind homeplate, nice little dining hall, met the owner of team, all that jazz. Same section George and Barbara Bush always sit in, but they weren't there that day. I wish he had been more of a football fan, or even basketball, but whatever. Most baller thing I've ever gotten to do.

I don't think the face value of the tickets were quite $3k, but it was definitely in the 4-figures. I'm pretty surprised to hear that any baseball club has luxury seating that cheap, but I guess if any team did it would be the Pirates. lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post
    My cousin married some rich guy that gets these kind of tickets for Astros games. I got to go once. Right behind homeplate, nice little dining hall, met the owner of team, all that jazz. Same section George and Barbara Bush always sit in, but they weren't there that day. I wish he had been more of a football fan, or even basketball, but whatever. Most baller thing I've ever gotten to do.

I don't think the face value of the tickets were quite $3k, but it was definitely in the 4-figures. I'm pretty surprised to hear that any baseball club has luxury seating that cheap, but I guess if any team did it would be the Pirates. lol
    With all due respect The Houston Astros are shitty as hell and they probably hand those tickets out for free since nobody wants to watch them mutts play.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

With all due respect The Houston Astros are shitty as hell and they probably hand those tickets out for free since nobody wants to watch them mutts play.
    No offense taken. The Astros are dogshit and I was never much of a baseball fan anyway.

I don't know how much they sell those tickets for now, but at the time Houston had just appeared in a World Series appearance and made deep playoff runs for several years. Like I said, face value of those tickets were pretty steep.

Even now that the Astros are horrible, I imagine that they're probably not cheap. Houston is a pretty big city and has some very wealthy people. And for some reason that I can't fathom, a lot of people still go to their games. I guess it's just a "baseball city", sort of like how the hapless Cubs never seemed to have problems selling tickets.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No offense taken. The Astros are dogshit and I was never much of a baseball fan anyway.

I don't know how much they sell those tickets for now, but at the time Houston had just appeared in a World Series appearance and made deep playoff runs for several years. Like I said, face value of those tickets were pretty steep.

Even now that the Astros are horrible, I imagine that they're probably not cheap. Houston is a pretty big city and has some very wealthy people. And for some reason that I can't fathom, a lot of people still go to their games. I guess it's just a "baseball city", sort of like how the hapless Cubs never seemed to have problems selling tickets.
    I'm sure when they were good they were at a hefty price especially in the playoffs since all baseball tickets are at that point especially the close ones and suite tickets. Houston is a massive city though so you could be right on the price even though I wouldn't pay much to see their horrible team play.

Banned
    Load Metric

I'm sure when they were good they were at a hefty price especially in the playoffs since all baseball tickets are at that point especially the close ones and suite tickets. Houston is a massive city though so you could be right on the price even though I wouldn't pay much to see their horrible team play.
    Some teams/markets might justify higher prices than others. But in general, I'm pretty sure premium seating accounts for a very significant portion of revenue in all American sports these days. Even if the team sucks, you can't be giving those away. Maybe Pittsburgh Pirates are an exception.

Back to the topic at hand, this is a pretty good reason not to be a jerkoff to the people buying those seats.

Load Metric
    I heard those fans had been going there for 2 years without a problem, also.

Load Metric
    You seem to have a misconception that ticket prices are primarily based upon the performance of a team.

That isn't the case.

The average household income for the city of Detroit in 2009 was $26k. The Tigers went to the World Series last year and still rank below MLB average in both ticket prices and ticket sales for this year.

The average household income for the city of Houston in 2009 was $43k. The Astros lost 107 games last year and still rank above MLB average in both ticket prices and ticket sales for this year.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Detroit-Michigan.html
    http://www.city-data.com/city/Houston-Texas.html
    http://www.kshb.com/dpp/sports/baseb...baseball-teams
    http://www.thebaseballnexus.com/most..._in_season.php

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Highbrow View Post
    You seem to have a misconception that ticket prices are primarily based upon the performance of a team.

That isn't the case.

The average household income for the city of Detroit in 2009 was $26k. The Tigers went to the World Series last year and still rank below MLB average in both ticket prices and ticket sales for this year.

The average household income for the city of Houston in 2009 was $43k. The Astros lost 107 games last year and still rank above MLB average in both ticket prices and ticket sales for this year.

Detroit tickets have been surprisingly low for years now yet payroll has boomed up hard on the team so they gradually make increases.

I don't rank it primarily on the team but it can have something to do with price tickets depending on the market. The Cubs are what we'd consider one of "America's teams" when it comes to baseball. It don't matter how many games they lose people will still come out whereas the White Sox have to do extremely well to draw.

All I know is if my team sucked as bad as the Houston Astros I wouldn't shell out money for tickets but then again if you compare it to Detroit the people in that city paid a shitload for season tickets for the Detroit Lions football team for several years as bad as they have been. It makes you really think why should an owner spend a lot to improve a team if people are still turning up for the games?

Banned
    Load Metric
    My understanding is that Cub fans are typically from the more affluent areas of Chicago whereas White Sox fans are more blue collar types. Is that not the case? It would make your observations consistent with the point Henry is making.

Load Metric

That isn't the case.

Detroit tickets have been surprisingly low for years now yet payroll has boomed up hard on the team so they gradually make increases.

I don't rank it primarily on the team but it can have something to do with price tickets depending on the market. The Cubs are what we'd consider one of "America's teams" when it comes to baseball. It don't matter how many games they lose people will still come out whereas the White Sox have to do extremely well to draw.

All I know is if my team sucked as bad as the Houston Astros I wouldn't shell out money for tickets but then again if you compare it to Detroit the people in that city paid a shitload for season tickets for the Detroit Lions football team for several years as bad as they have been. It makes you really think why should an owner spend a lot to improve a team if people are still turning up for the games?
    I agree. I'm a Cubs fan, but have gone to more White Sox games over the past eight years; they simply have the much better product of the two teams. It's fair to assume the Cubs front office doesn't care to win.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    gonna catch hell from selig

ain't gonna fly.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    My understanding is that Cub fans are typically from the more affluent areas of Chicago whereas White Sox fans are more blue collar types. Is that not the case? It would make your observations consistent with the point Henry is making.
    This is definitely true.

I've been to around 15 parks throughout life and Cubs and White Sox fans are the drunkest/rowdiest.

Cubs fans, however, are fun-loving and there to have a good time.

White Sox fans are hardcore, blue-collar Italian/Polish assholes who go to get fucked up and blow off steam.

US Cellular field (White Sox) is one of the worst baseball atmospheres I have ever been in.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    This is definitely true.

I've been to around 15 parks throughout life and Cubs and White Sox fans are the drunkest/rowdiest.

Cubs fans, however, are fun-loving and there to have a good time.

White Sox fans are hardcore, blue-collar Italian/Polish assholes who go to get fucked up and blow off steam.

US Cellular field (White Sox) is one of the worst baseball atmospheres I have ever been in.
    I'm sure Steve Bartman would agree.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

That isn't the case.

Very few people from the city of Detroit go to either the baseball or football games. Most everyone is from the outer suburban areas, but I don't disagree with your point.

Thread Information