Thread: Kentucky Derby to PFA Freerolls

Load Metric

Kentucky Derby to PFA Freerolls

With my winnings from the Master's Freeroll and Detroit pushing his third place winnings this way, I am going to make a pool to bet on the Kentucky Derby where winnings will be used to fund the PFA Radio Freerolls.

Our winnings total $65.

We will be buying the following tickets.

1 - $1 4 Horse Tri-Box - $24
    4 - $1 Key One Horse over Three Horses Tri - $6 x 4 =$24
    1 - $1 4 Horse Exacta Box- $12
    5 - $1 Straight Trifectas (They used to allow $.50 then raised them to $1 if they raise to $2 this year we will adjust)

I wll be letting forum members pick all 5 straight $1 Trifectas and two of the four $6 Trifectas.

That means 7 forum members will be responsible for making bets.

I will probably just draw names out of a hat unless somebody has a better idea on how to pick the 7 people who get to make the picks?

I will update the thread with Derby Updates and pics of the tickets once they are in hand.

If you want to participate just drop a line in the thread.

Now for disclaimers....

Winnings will be net of any taxes I may incur.

If winnings were to exceed $3,715 (52 weeks of freerolls minus taxes) we will see if Druff will allow us to buy pieces of him for the WSOP and those winnings would then be rolled into future giveaways that Druff deems appropriate.

If winnings were to exceed $20,000 a small adjustment may need to be made due to me getting hammered by AMT (shouldn't be more than 3% or 4%).

Last edited by abrown83; 04-15-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    With my winnings from the Master's Freeroll and Detroit pushing his third place winnings this way, I am going to make a pool to bet on the Kentucky Derby where winnings will be used to fund the PFA Radio Freerolls.

Our winnings total $65.

4 - $1 Key One Horse over Three Horses - $6 x 4 =$24
    5 - $1 Straight Trifectas (They used to allow $.50 then raised them to $1 if they raise to $2 this year we will adjust)

I wll be letting forum members pick all 5 straight $1 Trifectas and two of the four $6 Trifectas.

I will probably just draw names out of a hat unless somebody has a better idea on how to pick 7 people to get to make the picks?

I will update thread with Derby Updates and picks of the tickets once they are in hand.

Now for disclaimers....

If winnings were to exceed $3,715 (52 weeks of freerolls minus taxes) we will see if Druff will allow us to buy pieces of him for the WSOP and those winnings would then be rolled into future giveaways that Druff deems appropriate.

If winnings were to exceed $20,000 a small adjustment may need to be made due to me getting hammered by AMT (shouldn't be more than 3% or 4%).

Is this going to be all for 1 or perhaps more "special" freeroll or $50 at a time assuming you win like a boss? I think it should be a "special" since the money to make the bets came from a "special" contest this is of course assuming a substantial amount of $.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Our winnings total $65.

4 - $1 Key One Horse over Three Horses - $6 x 4 =$24

I will probably just draw names out of a hat unless somebody has a better idea on how to pick 7 people to get to make the picks?

I will update thread with Derby Updates and picks of the tickets once they are in hand.

Now for disclaimers....

Is this going to be all for 1 "special" freeroll or $50 at a time assuming you win like a boss? I think it should be a "special" since the money to make the bets came from a "special" contest this is of course assuming a substantial amount of $.
    I assumed it could fund the $50 at a time, that should help the freerolls be consistently larger than $50 if people still give.

Plus I want to push if we somehow fund an entire year that we get to redo the banner ad in the poker room to something of our choosing but haven't cleared with Druff yet.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    best time of the year.

all eyes will be on the negro jockey from the caribbean. you're going to hear so much about him you'll prolly end up rooting against him.

Load Metric
    When is the Kentucky Derby this year? May 25th?

Edit: I see it's May 4th. I was thinking of the Indianapolis 500 on May 26th.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Based on what Johnny said in this post-race interview, and also based on his Wood win, My Derby pick is Verrazano.
    GL all.

Load Metric
    I love this idea. I also know nothing about the horses so I will not volunteer to pick one of the tickets.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain39 View Post
    Based on what Johnny said in this post-race interview, and also based on his Wood win, My Derby pick is Verrazano.
    GL all.

i watched the vid. seems like you're basing your pick on him because he never hit the horse. he didn't say much else,..and nothing he said to me makes me cream. not that verrazano can't do it, mind you. if i do use him, i won't be betting him because of what johnny v said.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    derby past performances

Code:
      http://www.kentuckyderby.com/sites/kentuckyderby.com/files/u64720/20130415%20Derby%20Leaderboard.pdf

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    derby past performances

Code:
      http://www.kentuckyderby.com/sites/kentuckyderby.com/files/u64720/20130415%20Derby%20Leaderboard.pdf
    Lots of favorite early speed.

Having spent a couple days on these I am willing to explain a positive or negative position for any horse in the race.

I will personally be keying the majority of my bets around Itsmyluckyday....calling the Florida Derby his bounce race, I expect to see 107-110 Beyer type race out of him.

Distance is the only question.

Load Metric
    Bump

Platinum
    Load Metric
    goooo beedlebaum!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I like your choice of the 12, would box with the 3 and I think you have to use the 16....fwiw

Load Metric
    Good luck

Orb ran down itsmylucky day in the FL derby, not so sure he can do it again on a sloppy and longer Churchill Downs. Seems lots are picking Verazano, obv. trending. Good pick.

Load Metric
    i like 16-12-14

orb to win is my play, we'll have to see in the slop if he can do it, but that's my pick

i am just not feeling revolutionary, so he'll probably smoke the field

if i had to throw long shots in, palace malice or oxbow at 22-1 and 23-1

i obv. don't know shit and haven't followed horse racing seriously for years, just total amateur dart throwing looking at past results

Load Metric
    I took 9 and 17 both to win. I really like 9 overanaylize, but I dont even look at the favs.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    i like 16-12-14

orb to win is my play, we'll have to see in the slop if he can do it, but that's my pick

i obv. don't know shit and haven't followed horse racing seriously for years, just total amateur dart throwing looking at past results

Favorite but still good call.

http://www.tsn.ca/other_sports/story/?id=422404
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    i like 16-12-14

Favorite but still good call.

http://www.tsn.ca/other_sports/story/?id=422404
    There was no clear cut fav in this race!! I will take a 6-1 fav any day of the week. Oh wait I did take orb good call bcr.. BCR's pick saved this thread.

Load Metric
    Since nobody got really excited about this and couldn't get it going.

Detroit can get his $15 back and my $50 can just roll into the next PFA freeroll.

Thread Information