Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox > Tigers

Load Metric
    Red Sox vs Tigers again.

Two teams that need a closer. Papelbon lottery will commence soon. Red Sox will try to correct another dopey move. Trade known closer cause he's getting older & pick up old, injury prone Bailey & Hanrahan. Team doctors are busy.

Tigers best starters in league but no closers.

Comments

Prodigal son: Nothing changes

Load Metric
    Another blown save by Bailey of Red Sox. In the battle of the bad bullpens, the Tigers win.

Red Sox Manager John Farrell said he's removing Bailey as a future closer. Of course, the loser ownership has no one to replace him. Let Papelbon go & replace him with two Baily & Hanrahan (DL surgery)

Good game.

Only wealthy ownership more inept are the Dodgers. They are willing to take the Red Sox mistakes off our hands.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tigers have sent Valverde on his way this afternoon. They have 10 days to trade or release him but lets face it unless your a shit team you shouldn't want this guy.

They still need to fix this bullpen otherwise it will come back to bite them later on in the season. JV needs to get his shit together as well he's not pitching that great this year compared to the past few seasons where practically every game he pitched at least 7 innings but is struggling to keep his pitch count lower. If I was an opposing team I always felt if you can find ways to run up the pitch count of a dominate pitcher to get them out of the game sooner then that can be very effective especially against a team with a vulnerable bullpen.

Peralta walk off last night was GOAT. Jhonny is having a great year and LOL at him being only 3rd in the voting for AL Shortstops. I can see JJ Hardy but come on Elvis Andrus is a struggling cancer on the Rangers with his .239 batting average.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Good thing china stayed away from betting the series otherwise he might not have been able to order that soap dispenser from barrys little things that make you feel rich thread

wp

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tigers have been solid at home this year but Verlander once again was sub par today. He just can't go deep in games this year.

Thanks to the umps as well that was definitely a catch in the 8th inning by Nava. What an insanely terrible shit the bed call but the Tigers will take it. That isn't to say how the game would have turned out since the Tigers scored a few runs in the inning and that call happened with no outs.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Good thing china stayed away from betting the series otherwise he might not have been able to order that soap dispenser from barrys little things that make you feel rich thread

wp

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    13 game hitting streak for Miggy and so far 2 for 2 tonight with both being long balls. #ballin

Scherzer going for 12-0! :makeitso

Banned
    Load Metric
    Cabbie just going ham tonight, kid is unbelievable. Scherzer again is fucking fabulous, first 12-0 starter since Clemens in 96.

BTW that bomb by Fielder tonight was redunkulous, I think it hit the back of the stadium and bounced back into play.

Fucking Tigers!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah too bad it it's in a dome I would have loved to see that Fielder home run play out.

Scherzer dealing hard since mid last year. He made a few mistakes but luckily he keeps people off the base so well that they were just solo homers.

Verlander better get it together tomorrow. He's been going over a lot of film with Tigers pitching coach to see what is going wrong and going to make some adjustments.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Found this classic clip of Leyland, I've never seen this before have you BNP? Might be my favorite ejection so far.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ^^^^ - yeah that is a classic clip. I remember watching that game live and laughing my ass off when Leyland his little walk in that.

SCHERZER IS GOD! Cabrera has a sore back but their lineup has an insane batting average vs. Josh Johnson who is pitching tonight for the Jays. Even though the sample size is small they rough up pitchers like this so I took Detroit RL tonight. This is the first baseball bet for me in a while and hope to cash it!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    13-0

Tigers RL =

Gold
    Load Metric

Banned
    Load Metric
    I've been busy but I wanted to say hi to all the haters who said Verlander was done, especially in last weeks radio chat!

Just for fun, I was at this game:

hi haters

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Verlander has had a down season for his standards of the past few years.

With that said he's still got decent stats if you compare him to other starting pitchers in MLB but it looks worse when Scherzer, Fister, and Sanchez have all been dealing hard this year.

The thing is Verlander gets very little run support compared to Scherzer which not to take away his 13-0 solid start but the guy gets more run support then anyone else in the American League and I believe the National League as well.

If Verlander got Schezer's run support his record wouldn't be 13-0 but it would be much better.

Comments

lewfather: I know what you're saying but I just like waving at the haters!

Load Metric
    for Lew and BNP, I was at this game:

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=13103651

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

I remember that game very well and it was one of the best games I've ever watched in a one game playoff to go to the playoffs.

The game was amazing to me even though it wasn't the outcome I wanted to see.

Tigers blew that division lead badly down the stretch that year so they put themselves in that situation they shouldn't of had to be in.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

I remember that game very well and it was one of the best games I've ever watched in a one game playoff to go to the playoffs.

The game was amazing to me even though it wasn't the outcome I wanted to see.

Tigers blew that division lead badly down the stretch that year so they put themselves in that situation they shouldn't of had to be in.
    It was probably the sickest sports vacation of my life. I flew back home to MN on Sunday of that week, with tickets already purchased to see the Monday Night Football game with the Vikings with Favre going against the Packers for the first time after he switched sides. Mid-flight was when the MLB regular season ended and tiebreaker announced, quickly hit up the tix office and got a couple 3rd base, low-upper deck seats. Vikings won on monday, Twins won the best baseball game I've ever seen live on tuesday.

I do remember getting pissed off in the 10th inning, after the Tigers scored their run, then Twins tied it and should have won if fucking Nick Punto could hit a sac fly properly. I really was wanting another beer. Really should have brought a flask for that game.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Avisail Garcia hits for the cycle down in toledo, good news for the tigers.

edit: just in case you are like who?

Avisail = Mini-Cabbie

Name:  11684554-large.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  61.1 KB

bring us home bnp, bring us home.

Comments

BeerAndPoker: Miggy & Garcia REP braj

Load Metric
    Red Sox > Tigers

Red Sox best record in baseball so I guess it's true.

A special thanks to the Dodgers and especially their GM Ned Colletti for making an almost certain miserable few years an instant memory.

Thread Information