Thread: Carbon apparently poker cheated users in "Last Man Standing" competition

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Carbon apparently poker cheated users in "Last Man Standing" competition

The following was PM'd to me by a longtime user here:

Hey Druff,

Wanted to bring this to your attention...

Carbon had a Last Man Standing contest in February and March where you had to rake an increasing amount everyday to continue in the contest...I got down to the final 10 and was playing on March 27th when the software became unplayable...I shut my computer off, uninstalled and reinstalled the software and nothing...I play PLO8/PLO and there were multiple times were I folded AAxx hands because the software lagged so badly that it didn't recognize my raise...I was a little bit more than halfway past raking the $500 I needed to to continue in the contest when I had to stop playing because I was worried that I might be disconnected in a key situation and possibly lose my stack...

There was a thread on the Carbon Internet Poker forum on 2+2 called something along the lines of "Carbon Lagging"...In the thread there was another player who stated that he couldn't continue in the contest becuase the lag was just too horrible to deal with... http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...ostcount=17856

I emailed Carbon support, VIP support, and the reps on 2+2 and heard nothing that day and was bounced out of the contest...I told them I would have completed the contest the next day with the $750 rake day and then bow out as there is really no way for me to get to $1,000, $1,500, and $2,500 of rake in the last 3 days of the contest...I asked if they would bump me up a couple of spots (which would have been the difference between getting $650 and $1,000) since they could see by my play that I could achieve the $750 of rake in a day and it was their shit software that caused me to be bumped from the contest (and after having raked about $12,600 for them during the contest)...I just got a PM today (after having sent 3 to follow up) basically saying, 'tough shit, everybody else didn't have a problem'...That is obviously not the case as can be seen from the above linked post...

I'm not crying over this by any means, but I would venture to guess that I rake the most out of any PLO8 regular that they have on their site and considering there aren't a lot of people who a) play the game b) start games it would have been nice...Seems like a really shitty and shortsighted way to run a business especially when there were mulitple complaints about this lag problem...I'd be willing to bet that if this was Stars they'd somehow make this right, but I guess when you are the only game in town you can tell your customers to basically "fuck off" and they really can't do anything about it, which really sucks...Just wanted to bring this to your attention so you might be able to call Carbon out for being a bunch of fucking retards...I think everybody already knows that, but just another point of evidence...
    For those of you that are too lazy to read the above, the author was playing in the 2-months-long Carbon Poker "Last Man Standing" Promotion, where you have to rake an increasing amount with each passing day. If you fail to do so, you get eliminated.

This guy was careful to play every single day and rake the required amount, and made it all the way through February and most of March. The contest was apparently over at the end of March.

He needed to rake $500 on March 27th to stay in, and there were 10 people left. He was on pace to do it, and the Carbon software was suddenly lagging for him and became unplayable. He had raked over $250 that day, but couldn't do any more due to the lagging, which affected others, as well.

He e-mailed support and honestly stated that he would have been able to complete the $500 and likely the next day's requirement of $750 (given his raking pace), but admitted he would not have made it past that anyway, as the rake requirements of March 29-31 were too high. He claimed he would have cashed for an extra $350 in the promotion -- $1000 instead of $650.

Carbon blamed it on his internet connection and told him to go kick rocks.

I think that was a terrible way to treat a high-raking customer who had been at this every day for nearly 2 months, especially when multiple people apparently had problems on the 27th.

Players in these long-running contests can only complete rake requirements if the software and network are functioning as expected. If there are technical issues on Carbon's end (or even verifiable internet issues between the user and Carbon's server), they should make allowances.

This player was at Carbon's mercy to keep their servers running properly. When they failed, he should have been kept in the contest if all signs pointed to that he would have made it if these problems did not occur.

I am going to PM CarbonChris (the Carbon Poker rep with an account here) and see if he can help.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    what was the outcome? oh let me guess.....1 guess.....he got beat. fk carbon poker

Thread Information