Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: This is how I feel about the 2013 Dodgers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Will be interesting to see if Greinke pitches well tonight.

Kershaw pitching well at home is pretty much a given.

BTW, one overlooked fact about Clayton Kershaw is that he appears to be a really good and wholesome guy.

He's married to the same girl that he's been with since age 15.

He is very active in charity work.

I doubt he cheats on his wife, both because he's a religious Christian and because he wouldn't have stuck with the girlfriend after getting his big signing bonus at age 18.

I think the dude has only had sex with one girl in his whole life.

Load Metric
    Posey seems like pretty much the same deal. super straight and narrow. If he got busted for roids I'd probably kill myself

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

BTW, one overlooked fact about Clayton Kershaw is that he appears to be a really good and wholesome guy.

I doubt he cheats on his wife, both because he's a religious Christian and because he wouldn't have stuck with the girlfriend after getting his big signing bonus at age 18.

All the more reason he'd like to pick up some strange. Lol @ being a religious Christian as a reason to believe he wouldn't cheat. Some of the biggest hypocrites I've ever met, when it comes to having affairs, were religious Christians.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post
    Same old Dodgers waste another great pitching performance from Kershaw cuz they cant hit or do the simple things like move runners over. Druff u r about to see why the Giants are better then your Redsox West team. It's called a Bullpen something your team doesn't have and in today's baseball you need. Especially when you have Ted Lilly and Billingsley as 2 of your starters. Enjoy fighting for that Wild card you non Tomato eating mother fucker they paid enough money to at least do that!!
    Putting aside this embarrassing Dewey Beats Truman moment of yours, I don't see why you're bitching about the bullpen.

The Dodgers bullpen is actually pretty good. Even if League can't handle the closer's job, Kenley Jansen is there to step in. If both pitch well, the team will have a great 8th-9th combo.

Lilly is on the DL. Ryu is the 5th starter right now. I don't know what they'll do with Lilly when he comes back -- maybe trade him.

I agree that the offense might be a problem again, especially with Hanley Ramirez out for 2 months.
    Fck head how is that moment tonight? I thought baseball was a 162 game season? I stick by what I said and I def know baseball better then you ever will Druff. Go Giants got em big tonight!!! Bullpen looks great for the Dodgers tonight bro. BTW Bitcoins is kicking your ass also. Free Micon!!

Just so we are on the same page I had Dodgers yesterday!! Kershaw won that game by himself. That's what 215 million gets ya.

Wager Type : Money Line
    Wager Status : WinRisk / To Win Amount : 480.00 / 331.03(USD)
    Accepted : 4/1/2013 1:03PM - PST
    Won : 331.03
    Amount Paid : 811.03
    Sport / Period : MLB Baseball / Game
    Selection : Los Angeles Dodgers
    Time : 4/1/2013 1:10:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -145
    Pitchers : M. Cain - R - Must Pitch / C. Kershaw - L - Must Pitch
    Game Notes : (ESPN)

Wager Status : PendingRisk / To Win Amount : 1030.00 / 1000.00(USD)
    Accepted : 4/2/2013 7:06PM - PST
    Selection : San Francisco Giants
    Time : 4/2/2013 7:10:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -103
    Pitchers : M. Bumgarner - L - Must Pitch / H.J. Ryu - L - Must Pitch
    Game Notes : (MLB)
    Last edited by badguy23; 04-02-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Load Metric

Not sure if serious. You sound like a 10-year old fan describing his hero.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

I am serious.

Maybe the guy is a hypocrite and lives a double life, but I just don't get that vibe from him.

For example, nobody would pressure or expect a young pitcher to get heavily involved in charity work. He doesn't even mention it much, so it's not a publicity thing. He's not even making huge money at this point, since he hasn't hit free agency yet, and the Dodgers haven't yet extended his contract. This is the sign of an unselfish person.

While it is true that some religious Christians end up being hypocrites, the ones you hear about are the publicity hounds -- the Ted Haggards and Jimmy Swaggarts. The typical unassuming devout Christian is less likely to cheat, because he has devoted a lot of his life and time to his faith, and fears the consequence of going to hell for his actions. That's not to say that some don't cheat anyway, but I believe the incidence of this is substantially lower -- just as the incidence of voluntary male virgins tends to be also closely tied to religion.

When I read about a popular married athlete, I often wonder, "Does he cheat on his wife?" When I read that the guy is also a religious Christian, that actually makes me believe there's a much higher chance that he stays faithful, whereas most other high-profile athletes I assume will cheat.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I doubt he cheats on his wife, both because he's a religious Christian...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post

Putting aside this embarrassing Dewey Beats Truman moment of yours, I don't see why you're bitching about the bullpen.

The Dodgers bullpen is actually pretty good. Even if League can't handle the closer's job, Kenley Jansen is there to step in. If both pitch well, the team will have a great 8th-9th combo.

Lilly is on the DL. Ryu is the 5th starter right now. I don't know what they'll do with Lilly when he comes back -- maybe trade him.

I agree that the offense might be a problem again, especially with Hanley Ramirez out for 2 months.
    Fck head how is that moment tonight? I thought baseball was a 162 game season? I stick by what I said and I def know baseball better then you ever will Druff. Go Giants got em big tonight!!! Bullpen looks great for the Dodgers tonight bro. BTW Bitcoins is kicking your ass also. Free Micon!!

Just so we are on the same page I had Dodgers yesterday!! Kershaw won that game by himself. That's what 215 million gets ya.

Wager Status : WinRisk / To Win Amount : 480.00 / 331.03(USD)
    Accepted : 4/1/2013 1:03PM - PST
    Won : 331.03
    Amount Paid : 811.03
    Selection : Los Angeles Dodgers
    Time : 4/1/2013 1:10:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -145
    Pitchers : M. Cain - R - Must Pitch / C. Kershaw - L - Must Pitch
    Game Notes : (ESPN)

Wager Status : PendingRisk / To Win Amount : 1030.00 / 1000.00(USD)
    Accepted : 4/2/2013 7:06PM - PST
    Selection : San Francisco Giants
    Time : 4/2/2013 7:10:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -103
    Pitchers : M. Bumgarner - L - Must Pitch / H.J. Ryu - L - Must Pitch
    Game Notes : (MLB)
    Bumgarner has killed the Dodgers recently. Last night was no surprise.

I also noted that the bats might be a problem this year, and this was before either of the first two games.

So explain where I have been inaccurate.

Load Metric

I am serious.

Maybe the guy is a hypocrite and lives a double life, but I just don't get that vibe from him.

For example, nobody would pressure or expect a young pitcher to get heavily involved in charity work. He doesn't even mention it much, so it's not a publicity thing. He's not even making huge money at this point, since he hasn't hit free agency yet, and the Dodgers haven't yet extended his contract. This is the sign of an unselfish person.

While it is true that some religious Christians end up being hypocrites, the ones you hear about are the publicity hounds -- the Ted Haggards and Jimmy Swaggarts. The typical unassuming devout Christian is less likely to cheat, because he has devoted a lot of his life and time to his faith, and fears the consequence of going to hell for his actions. That's not to say that some don't cheat anyway, but I believe the incidence of this is substantially lower -- just as the incidence of voluntary male virgins tends to be also closely tied to religion.

When I read about a popular married athlete, I often wonder, "Does he cheat on his wife?" When I read that the guy is also a religious Christian, that actually makes me believe there's a much higher chance that he stays faithful, whereas most other high-profile athletes I assume will cheat.
    Does it actually make you like him more as a player? Maybe i'm the crazy one, but I could not care less about what players on my team are doing away from the game. Just do your job, and do it better than the other guy/team is. Then go do some blow, fuck some uniform-chasers, and take that next dose of HGH. Or go home and pray and sleep with your wife. Whatever floats the boat.
    Last edited by gut; 04-03-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Load Metric
    Druff $20 a serious for the whole season?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    I guess it's going to be Dodgers vs. Giants in Dodger Stadium to open every year now.

Kershaw keeps winning these battles. He's the best pitcher in the NL right now.
    I agree with this. Kershaw is fucking god and owns our souls.
    Or $10 a game

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    I was @ 2 of the games, I'll post pic's when I can, i was like 10 rows behind Tommy Lasorda @ Magic Johnson.

I agree Kershaw is the best, he owns the G's, and the only time we played Verlander.....
    I'm saying he is the best pitcher in baseball.

This guy Cruz @3B (& SS?) is a phenomenal fielder.

Kemp is hit less in his last 25 AB's vs the Giants,

This Korean guy was lucky to get out of 1 jam after another.

Lincecum was lucky to get through 5 for the W, and the bullpen let us down in Game 1.
    Crawford showed last night why he will be Gold Glove.

I'd say on paper LA, (just like fantasy hitting) would be better, bu thay play on grass.

I think this is going to be a great LA-SF season.
    only 16 more games, (I think I heard they play 19 times this season)

Also, someone needs to take Gonzalez to a man saloon,
    he looks like Uncle Leo when Elaine burned off his eye brows and used a pen to color them back in.
    Name:  AG.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  25.5 KBName:  leo.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  14.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    I was @ 2 of the games, I'll post pic's when I can, i was like 10 rows behind Tommy Lasorda @ Magic Johnson.

I agree Kershaw is the best, he owns the G's, and the only time we played Verlander.....
    I'm saying he is the best pitcher in baseball.

This guy Cruz @3B (& SS?) is a phenomenal fielder.

Kemp is hit less in his last 25 AB's vs the Giants,

This Korean guy was lucky to get out of 1 jam after another.

Lincecum was lucky to get through 5 for the W, and the bullpen let us down in Game 1.
    Crawford showed last night why he will be Gold Glove.

I'd say on paper LA, (just like fantasy hitting) would be better, bu thay play on grass.

I think this is going to be a great LA-SF season.
    only 16 more games, (I think I heard they play 19 times this season)

Also, someone needs to take Gonzalez to a man saloon,
    he looks like Uncle Leo when Elaine burned off his eye brows and used a pen to color them back in.
    Name:  AG.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  25.5 KBName:  leo.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  14.5 KB
    Thanks for this fair report.

After watching this series, I am a little worried about the offense, even though it's just been 3 games.

Matt Kemp worries me the most. The guy was absolutely on fire to begin 2012 -- even better than he was in 2011 -- and then the injury hit. Then he was never the same. You saw a clear difference in his ability at the plate. It was like someone took old Matt Kemp away and new, sucky Matt Kemp replaced him. It wasn't a matter of pitchers figuring him out. It was more of a chance in Matt himself, which I think was half physical and half mental.

I thought that the long period of time in between seasons might cure this (especially the physical part), but it's just as bad, if not worse. He just isn't hitting the ball well. It's not like he's driving it to the wall but it's still getting caught for an out. He just doesn't look good, and that worries me.

Adrian Gonzalez doesn't look all that great, either, but better than Kemp.

Andre Ethier actually looks fairly good at the moment, as does AJ Ellis.

Luis Cruz is another player who isn't quite his 2012 self anymore. I was afraid of this, as Cruz really had an outlier second half compared to the rest of his career. He did have a great spring, so I still have some hope.

Carl Crawford is a pleasant surprise. I thought he was going to be a huge fail (and perhaps not even play for awhile in 2013), but he is really swinging the bat well so far. He looked great in the two games he played.

Kershaw was his usual great self, and Beckett, despite giving up 5 runs, actually didn't look that bad. He was better than Lincecum, but gave up key hits (especially two HR) while Lincecum walked 7 and danced out of trouble time and again.

Ryu did not look good at all. Might be first-MLB-start-jitters, but I was not impressed.

Bumgarner was a Dodger-killer as usual, and looked great.

Lincecum looks like he hasn't really recovered. His control was horrible.

Pablo Sandoval amazes me with his ability to hit and field despite his physique. He's the John Kruk of 2013. LOL @ him being listed at 240. Even Vin Scully laughed at that.

There needs to be a lot less Uribe and Schumaker in the starting lineup if the Dodgers want to win this year.

I understand why they put Posey at 1B when they want to give him a rest from catching (since you don't want him out of the lineup), but boy he sucks at 1B. I remember the Dodgers had the same dilemma with Piazza.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If the Dodgers could play the Pirates every day, they would finish every year like 150-12. They absolutely clobber that team, and have for the past 2 decades.

Anyway they have won their first two games against the Pirates so far, both 2-hit shutouts. Greinke and Kershaw pitched great.

The thing that concerns me is the offense. Dodgers are choking BIG TIME with runners in scoring position, and they have a grand total of two home runs this season -- one of which was from Kershaw.

Kemp is looking absolutely terrible. Tonight he was 0-for-4 with 3 Ks and one ground-into-DP.

Luis Cruz is batting .000 and is doing a lot of grounding and striking out.

And of course, there's no Hanley Ramirez for 2 months.

Adrian Gonzalez is looking okay so far, though he has no HR.

The only offensive success story thus far is Carl Crawford, who is hitting .438 and even stealing a few bases. I'm not convinced he won't get injured again soon, but for now he's looking very good.

Dodgers are like 6-for-50 with runners in scoring position, and have already blown a few bases loaded with 0/1 out situations without scoring.

They got away with it for the last two nights thanks to stellar pitching, but they're not going to throw a shutout every night -- even with Kershaw on the mound.

Speaking of which, the Dodgers have shut out the opposition 3 times in their first 5 games, and both times Kershaw started.

Greinke out with a broken collarbone.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Greinke out with a broken collarbone.
    Boy that's so frustrating.

There should really be stiff penalties against players who charge the mound and injure others in a brawl.

While it's true that Carlos Quentin has been hit 3 times now by Greinke in his career, Quentin also seems to intentionally get hit by pitches often. He's been hit 116 times in his career already.

This is really a killer, because the Kershaw-Greinke combo was something the Dodgers were counting on to make them losing-streak-proof. The rest of the rotation hasn't been particularly impressive thus far.

I'm sure Ted Lilly is happy, as he will probably have a spot in the rotation for awhile now.

Load Metric
    What I think is funny watching that is it doesn't seem like AJ Ellis cares much about stopping Quentin from rushing Greinke. Greinke has never been known as a popular guy in clubhouses from what I've read.

Also, is Matt kemp just embracing the role of the craziest fucker in the league now when it comes to brawls? I understand he got plunked earlier in the game, but still didn't he do this a few times last year also? becoming the central figure in a brawl that he was not the batter in.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What I think is funny watching that is it doesn't seem like AJ Ellis cares much about stopping Quentin from rushing Greinke. Greinke has never been known as a popular guy in clubhouses from what I've read.

Also, is Matt kemp just embracing the role of the craziest fucker in the league now when it comes to brawls? I understand he got plunked earlier in the game, but still didn't he do this a few times last year also? becoming the central figure in a brawl that he was not the batter in.
    I think Kemp is letting his struggles since last year's injury get to him.

Thread Information