Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virus Removal From Firefox Download

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Virus Removal From Firefox Download

I downloaded firefox last night and did it pretty quick and must have added some extension cause I got 3 or 4 more icons on the home page which I uninstalled and I also uninstalled firefox

So now when I open chrome there is something called isearch.fantastigames which just takes over my home page

I ran AVG and it found nothing

I had free malwarebytes but bought the full version and it found a trojan and removed it.

I tried uninstalling chrome then restarted after tghe virus removal and when I open chrome nothing shows up on my home page but I have all my bookmarks etc....

So now if I google something from the chrome bar I get this message

Unable to access the network
    Google Chrome is having trouble accessing the network.

This may be because your firewall or antivirus software wrongly thinks Google Chrome is an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the Internet.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
    Error 138 (net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED): Unable to access the network.

and this shows up in the chrome bar when I get this message I have broke up the link below so noone clicks it

h ttp: //isearc h.fant astigames.co[/url] m/web?src=crb&gct=ds&appid=107&systemid=465&q=dd

I have tried searching for removal tools but a lot of the shit is these assholes trying to get you to fuck up your pc bad by doing other shit.

Anyone have an idea how I get rid of this garbage?

Load Metric
    if you are unabl eto uninstall the unwanted software, you may have to boot into safe mode to remove it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    if you are unabl eto uninstall the unwanted software, you may have to boot into safe mode to remove it.
    Nothing shows up on the scans anymore, and if I boot into safe mode what do I remove?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Nothing shows up on the scans anymore, and if I boot into safe mode what do I remove?
    are the programs installed to your PC? like if you go to control panel and check the programs list and see if they show up. if they do try to remove them. if its gives you some BS excuse boot into safe mode and do the same thing it should let you do it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

are the programs installed to your PC? like if you go to control panel and check the programs list and see if they show up. if they do try to remove them. if its gives you some BS excuse boot into safe mode and do the same thing it should let you do it.
    i removed every program that came with the firefox download , it is some sort of redirect that is installed somewhere on my pc

maybe they changed some registry keys or something I dunno

Load Metric
    Pretty sure its a trojan

if you've already tried malbytes, try "hitman pro" a free program

when i was having virus problems 6 months ago - some very similar to what you have now, I would run malaware bytes + hitman at same time - 1 or both would find + delete it.

Then I would restart computer and run both programs again until everything is clean.

I am not an expert in this stuff, but this method worked for me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    Pretty sure its a trojan

if you've already tried malbytes, try "hitman pro" a free program

when i was having virus problems 6 months ago - some very similar to what you have now, I would run malaware bytes + hitman at same time - 1 or both would find + delete it.

Then I would restart computer and run both programs again until everything is clean.

I am not an expert in this stuff, but this method worked for me.

run malbytes if you havent already.

Load Metric
    This actually happened to me once, it's a long process to remove the virus, but it works. It can infect most browsers and doesn't show up in anti-virus software.

The following link is what I used and it worked.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5842581_remo...ect-virus.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Beebs9Dizzle View Post
    This actually happened to me once, it's a long process to remove the virus, but it works. It can infect most browsers and doesn't show up in anti-virus software.

"TDSSserve.sys", that is not on the list

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Beebs9Dizzle View Post

"TDSSserve.sys", that is not on the list
    Well that idea went to shit real fast.

Load Metric
    China, have a look at these forums http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ They deal with this daily and know most of them by description and have specific tools to get rid of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    i know no one here is willing to hear this, but you need to low level format and reinstall.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    the reason why 'go to such and such forum' is generally terrible is because actors spend more time on those forums than any of us, and they pick up on the latest trends, install an extremely stealthy, light weight rat, and use it to upload various synthesized versions of popular malware.

victim 'removes' malware, rat stays in place.

actor waits hours/weeks, uploads a new trendy piece of malware.

this can go on for years.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the reason why 'go to such and such forum' is generally terrible is because actors spend more time on those forums than any of us, and they pick up on the latest trends, install an extremely stealthy, light weight rat, and use it to upload various synthesized versions of popular malware.

victim 'removes' malware, rat stays in place.

actor waits hours/weeks, uploads a new trendy piece of malware.

this can go on for years.
    I'm picturing Tom Cruise in a cheap apartment mining bitcoins and setting malware traps for people.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    spybot s&d, works a charm.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Obvious check is the proxy server settings, in IE tools/options/connections/lan settings and make sure there is no proxy set (all unticked).

Run msconfig and check startup, look for anything suspect and disable / remove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    sounds like someone tried to surf the darknet and came back with the clap

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    spybot s&d, works a charm.
    is always worth a try

First thing I see when I google:

You have downloaded CCleaner from page that bundles downloads with various toolbars. So while you are not infected with malware, you got a PUP - potentially unwanted application. What you should do: 1. Go through your addons list and remove everything you do not recognize 2. Reset your search providers in Firefox AND in other browsers (it is likely to affect all main browsers on your PC, no mater which one you use) For firefox: [[Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page|https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...refox-search]] For other browsers you can try this one 3. Scan with anti-adware programs
    from http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/949206
    This person had downloaded CCLEANER with Firefox and got the crud. I think the Firefox advice is a little pollyannish. This is adware/malware, so Spybot should get it.

Load Metric
    Somebody shine the meth errrr bat signal and alert our resident expert.

Load Metric
    I downloaded firefox last night and did it pretty quick and must have added some extension cause I got 3 or 4 more icons on the home page which I uninstalled and I also uninstalled firefox

So now when I open chrome there is something called isearch.fantastigames which just takes over my home page

I ran AVG and it found nothing

I had free malwarebytes but bought the full version and it found a trojan and removed it.

I tried uninstalling chrome then restarted after tghe virus removal and when I open chrome nothing shows up on my home page but I have all my bookmarks etc....

So now if I google something from the chrome bar I get this message

Unable to access the network
    Google Chrome is having trouble accessing the network.

This may be because your firewall or antivirus software wrongly thinks Google Chrome is an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the Internet.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
    Error 138 (net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED): Unable to access the network.

and this shows up in the chrome bar when I get this message I have broke up the link below so noone clicks it

h ttp: //isearc h.fant astigames.co[/url] m/web?src=crb&gct=ds&appid=107&systemid=465&q=dd

I have tried searching for removal tools but a lot of the shit is these assholes trying to get you to fuck up your pc bad by doing other shit.

Anyone have an idea how I get rid of this garbage?
    So bubbles told me that you were having problems with your link, so I pasted it back together, and clicked the link.......they asked for my Full Name, address, DL#, Soc#, mothers maiden name, blood type etc.....all the normal shit.

After clicking submit, now all the sudden you all have my mugshots (where I got caught blowing zebra down at the zoo after hours)?

Now, what the fuck is going on with you people at this site! Fucking hackers, dark souls like BaronVonStupidfucker said! Let he who has not blown random creatures throw the first stone!

I think bubbles and Dean Daft aka Rod Bitterest have some splaining to do.

Bizerk (Toby Smith, 2215 country fair drive, tempe Az, 555-342-5542, former-zoo-employee) out.

Thread Information