Thread: Terrence Chan can take a punch. He may just take the whole arm.

Load Metric

Terrence Chan can take a punch. He may just take the whole arm.

Event begins at 6:00, Terrence Chan's entrance at about 7:40, fight at 11:40.

TChan fought up in Canada for Battlefield FC a few months ago, but it was an amateur fight, I guess, because this is listed everywhere as his pro debut. The dude he's fighting is bigger, stronger, and has more fighting experience.

from the LegendFC site:
    Alex Lee

Like many Hong Kong fighters, Lee’s initial inspiration to learn martial arts came from the late Bruce Lee. He began his training in Karate and Wing Chun as a teenager, but it was his discovery of Muay Thai at Hong Kong’s famous Tiger Gym that led him to competitive combat sports. Lee has represented their fight team in more than 20 Muay Thai contests, winning several Hong Kong titles and championships, as well as taking a bronze medal at the 2010 World Kickboxing Championship. Seeking new challenges, Lee also began competing in Sanda and Boxing tournaments before discovering MMA in the form of Japan’s Pride Fighting Championships. Shortly afterward he began training in Brazilian Jiujitsu and is now based out of Hong Kong’s Triquest MMA Academy. As the first native Hong Kong fighter whose MMA training has taken place exclusively in our city, he is proud to represent Hong Kong and hopes to serve as an example for future Hong Kong fighters seeking to pursue an MMA career.
    The organization itself is pretty big in Asia, I think. I've seen a few of their events on either Fuel or Versus or one of those channels late night before, and its got some pretty good fights. Uses a ring, full Unified Rules with the addition of knees to the head on the ground allowed (still no stomps or soccer kicks to head of a downed opp), and no draws/judges always pick a winner.

Load Metric
    Actually really good fight.

Load Metric
    I like adding knees on the ground. I'm not sure of the weight difference, but a Chan vs Robl grappling exhibition during the WSOP would make for a good ESPN segment.

Load Metric
    Chan is really impressive. He is completely methodical.

Load Metric
    The Luongo jersey, Karate Kid fight music and Canadian flag were nice touches. eh?
    What's up with TWICE getting swept and reversed from mount? Overall, excellent effort -- impressive showing for his pro debut!

Thread Information