Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: sick Vice video on 3D printed guns.

  1. #1

    sick Vice video on 3D printed guns.



    Crazy shit. If you make it to the end of the video, they make a lower receiver that fires over 600 rounds without fail.

    The not so distant future is going to be a crazy, fucked up place.

  2. #2
    I always love how gun people rationalize guns not being a problem. "They would have found some other way to massacre". Fuckin bugs me to no end. Just say, "it is a trade off we as society have to deal with". Gun people never do this though, they always want to say guns are not a problem which is ridiculous.

    That being said.. this isn't going to do much. So ATF will start regulating barrels and not just lower receivers. I'm not a mechanical engineer, but goodluck ever printing out the barrel. The printer guy makes the lower receiver because it is "a gun" so it makes for a compelling story, but it just happens to be that way because laws. ATF could work around this by regulating parts that will never be able to be printed out and will if this ever becomes feasible. If ATF had regulated barrels, then his project wouldn't really be very interesting, because he could never "print a gun" without buying a regulated barrels.

  3. #3
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5295
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,097
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    I always love how gun people rationalize guns not being a problem. "They would have found some other way to massacre". Fuckin bugs me to no end. Just say, "it is a trade off we as society have to deal with". Gun people never do this though, they always want to say guns are not a problem which is ridiculous.

    That being said.. this isn't going to do much. So ATF will start regulating barrels and not just lower receivers. I'm not a mechanical engineer, but goodluck ever printing out the barrel. The printer guy makes the lower receiver because it is "a gun" so it makes for a compelling story, but it just happens to be that way because laws. ATF could work around this by regulating parts that will never be able to be printed out and will if this ever becomes feasible. If ATF had regulated barrels, then his project wouldn't really be very interesting, because he could never "print a gun" without buying a regulated barrels.

    go back to bed you hick faggot.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  4. #4
    Gold LLL's Avatar
    Reputation
    202
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Karen Ave.
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    I always love how gun people rationalize guns not being a problem. "They would have found some other way to massacre". Fuckin bugs me to no end. Just say, "it is a trade off we as society have to deal with". Gun people never do this though, they always want to say guns are not a problem which is ridiculous.

    That being said.. this isn't going to do much. So ATF will start regulating barrels and not just lower receivers. I'm not a mechanical engineer, but goodluck ever printing out the barrel. The printer guy makes the lower receiver because it is "a gun" so it makes for a compelling story, but it just happens to be that way because laws. ATF could work around this by regulating parts that will never be able to be printed out and will if this ever becomes feasible. If ATF had regulated barrels, then his project wouldn't really be very interesting, because he could never "print a gun" without buying a regulated barrels.

    go back to bed you hick faggot.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    I always love how gun people rationalize guns not being a problem. "They would have found some other way to massacre". Fuckin bugs me to no end. Just say, "it is a trade off we as society have to deal with". Gun people never do this though, they always want to say guns are not a problem which is ridiculous.

    That being said.. this isn't going to do much. So ATF will start regulating barrels and not just lower receivers. I'm not a mechanical engineer, but goodluck ever printing out the barrel. The printer guy makes the lower receiver because it is "a gun" so it makes for a compelling story, but it just happens to be that way because laws. ATF could work around this by regulating parts that will never be able to be printed out and will if this ever becomes feasible. If ATF had regulated barrels, then his project wouldn't really be very interesting, because he could never "print a gun" without buying a regulated barrels.
    You should have just started and ended your post with this - you would have sounded MUCH smarter.

  6. #6
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5295
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,097
    also for the record that hipster aspie gun nerd wearing the tactical gloves at the end of the video made my skin crawl.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    I always love how gun people rationalize guns not being a problem. "They would have found some other way to massacre". Fuckin bugs me to no end. Just say, "it is a trade off we as society have to deal with". Gun people never do this though, they always want to say guns are not a problem which is ridiculous.

    That being said.. this isn't going to do much. So ATF will start regulating barrels and not just lower receivers. I'm not a mechanical engineer, but goodluck ever printing out the barrel. The printer guy makes the lower receiver because it is "a gun" so it makes for a compelling story, but it just happens to be that way because laws. ATF could work around this by regulating parts that will never be able to be printed out and will if this ever becomes feasible. If ATF had regulated barrels, then his project wouldn't really be very interesting, because he could never "print a gun" without buying a regulated barrels.
    i am a mechanical engineer and i say you're wrong.

  8. #8
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648
    Someone tell this idiot that the machine that prints only some parts of an entire gun costs like $3000+. That's more than just buying the gun OUTRIGHT. You can't print a whole gun out of that stuff because it will self destruct on the first trigger pull.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Someone tell this idiot that the machine that prints only some parts of an entire gun costs like $3000+. That's more than just buying the gun OUTRIGHT. You can't print a whole gun out of that stuff because it will self destruct on the first trigger pull.
    I think you might be missing the point. The lower receiver is generally the regulated part of the gun. The way I see it, cost isn't really a big factor anyway - the printer isn't going to fall apart after printing one item.

  10. #10
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5295
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,097
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Someone tell this idiot that the machine that prints only some parts of an entire gun costs like $3000+. That's more than just buying the gun OUTRIGHT. You can't print a whole gun out of that stuff because it will self destruct on the first trigger pull.

    i believe $3000 is a luridly conservative estimate. you need something that works in high end acrylics with great precision, those are low five figures and up. makerbots pretty much use the same material thats used to create soda bottles, in fact you can recycle soda bottles to extrude material for most of the low end desktop printers.

    in 5 or 6 years tho, who knows.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Someone tell this idiot that the machine that prints only some parts of an entire gun costs like $3000+. That's more than just buying the gun OUTRIGHT. You can't print a whole gun out of that stuff because it will self destruct on the first trigger pull.

    i believe $3000 is a luridly conservative estimate. you need something that works in high end acrylics with great precision, those are low five figures and up. makerbots pretty much use the same material thats used to create soda bottles, in fact you can recycle soda bottles to extrude material for most of the low end desktop printers.

    in 5 or 6 years tho, who knows.


    anyway it wouldn't necessarily self destruct if you use the right vibrational dampening techniques.

  12. #12
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5295
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,097
    its also worth noting that while creating a barrel for a .308 sniper rifle might be prohibitive in terms of precision and tolerance, ak47s dont even have rifled barrels. ak47s basically fire bullets out of a fucking pipe. id not be shocked to see a fully functional 3d printed from the ground up ak47 in the very near future, especially considering you can get one made while you wait by just about any pashtun with a fire and some slag handy.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  13. #13
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    its also worth noting that while creating a barrel for a .308 sniper rifle might be prohibitive in terms of precision and tolerance, ak47s dont even have rifled barrels. ak47s basically fire bullets out of a fucking pipe. id not be shocked to see a fully functional 3d printed from the ground up ak47 in the very near future, especially considering you can get one made while you wait by just about any pashtun with a fire and some slag handy.
    The even easier route would be to have our attorney general give you the ok to just buy whatever you wanted and take it across the border. Too soon?

  14. #14
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5295
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,097
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    its also worth noting that while creating a barrel for a .308 sniper rifle might be prohibitive in terms of precision and tolerance, ak47s dont even have rifled barrels. ak47s basically fire bullets out of a fucking pipe. id not be shocked to see a fully functional 3d printed from the ground up ak47 in the very near future, especially considering you can get one made while you wait by just about any pashtun with a fire and some slag handy.
    The even easier route would be to have our attorney general give you the ok to just buy whatever you wanted and take it across the border. Too soon?

    fair yet tough.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  15. #15
    Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Reputation
    736
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    its also worth noting that while creating a barrel for a .308 sniper rifle might be prohibitive in terms of precision and tolerance, ak47s dont even have rifled barrels. ak47s basically fire bullets out of a fucking pipe. id not be shocked to see a fully functional 3d printed from the ground up ak47 in the very near future, especially considering you can get one made while you wait by just about any pashtun with a fire and some slag handy.
    yea, the ak sure as shit aint a smooth bore

  16. #16
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5295
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    23,097
    maybe im thinking of Saigas... fuck it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    I always love how gun people rationalize guns not being a problem. "They would have found some other way to massacre". Fuckin bugs me to no end. Just say, "it is a trade off we as society have to deal with". Gun people never do this though, they always want to say guns are not a problem which is ridiculous.

    That being said.. this isn't going to do much. So ATF will start regulating barrels and not just lower receivers. I'm not a mechanical engineer, but goodluck ever printing out the barrel. The printer guy makes the lower receiver because it is "a gun" so it makes for a compelling story, but it just happens to be that way because laws. ATF could work around this by regulating parts that will never be able to be printed out and will if this ever becomes feasible. If ATF had regulated barrels, then his project wouldn't really be very interesting, because he could never "print a gun" without buying a regulated barrels.

    go back to bed you hick faggot.
    I've obviously sickly tilted you so much you put me in every post you make. I have no idea why. I am sorry for calling you out for being a person of presentation yet lacking any real critical or original thought. Feel free to act like an authority on things you are consistently clueless about... If you do it in the right places, no one ever knows, because they lack the capacity.

    BTW If you are that guy in the picture passed around, then you're some chubby double chinned internet cave lurker, so stfu.

  18. #18
    AKs have rifled barrels. What fucking nonsense. I called out Sonatine for being full of shit before even reading his contributions in this thread. I nailed it.

    Saigas are NICELY made AKs. Infact, they're the most quality AKs you can get alongside Norincos which I'm not sure are even manufactured anymore.

    Lol at any rifles in this day and age being made with a smooth bore.

    Sonatine, you're a fucking moron and a scrub. STFU. Did you even go to college ?
    Last edited by donkdowndonedied; 03-26-2013 at 11:36 AM.

  19. #19
    Gold LLL's Avatar
    Reputation
    202
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Karen Ave.
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    AKs have rifled barrels. What fucking nonsense. I called out Sonatine for being full of shit before even reading his contributions in this thread. I nailed it.

    Saigas are NICELY made AKs. Infact, they're the most quality AKs you can get alongside Norincos which I'm not sure are even made.

    Lol at any rifles in this day and age being made with a smooth bore.

    Sonatine, you're a fucking moron and a scrub. STFU. Did you even go to college ?
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    I always love how gun people rationalize guns not being a problem. "They would have found some other way to massacre". Fuckin bugs me to no end. Just say, "it is a trade off we as society have to deal with". Gun people never do this though, they always want to say guns are not a problem which is ridiculous.

    That being said.. this isn't going to do much. So ATF will start regulating barrels and not just lower receivers. I'm not a mechanical engineer, but goodluck ever printing out the barrel. The printer guy makes the lower receiver because it is "a gun" so it makes for a compelling story, but it just happens to be that way because laws. ATF could work around this by regulating parts that will never be able to be printed out and will if this ever becomes feasible. If ATF had regulated barrels, then his project wouldn't really be very interesting, because he could never "print a gun" without buying a regulated barrels.
    i am a mechanical engineer and i say you're wrong.
    What school did you go to ? What is your current work?

    I think you're full of shit. Good luck printing a barrel. They barely get lower receivers working... The chamber/barrel take far far more energy/heat. Meh, I could go on.. but I'm not going to educate you. Not my job.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mistakes NL players make at limit, and vice-versa
    By Dan Druff in forum Casinos & Las Vegas
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-26-2015, 09:17 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 03:41 PM
  3. VICE: Undercity Las Vegas
    By yaahello in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 10:04 PM
  4. Sam Trickett running sick in Macau
    By shortbuspoker in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 12:33 PM
  5. Josh Hamilton This guy is SICK
    By Hockey Guy in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 06:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •