Thread: Best theme parks to go to in Orlando???

Bronze
    Load Metric

Best theme parks to go to in Orlando???

Anybody have any advice

Load Metric
    Depends on what you like?

Kids rides with no thrills: WDW, Epcot. Disney Hollywood Studios (was MGM)
    Thrill rides: Universal
    Water rides: Wet n Wild, Aquatica, Blizzard Beach..
    Educational: Sea World, Epcot

It's been a minute since i've been to any of them, but i've been to all of them several times except Universal.

Load Metric
    Universal Studios is shit. They don't have "thrill rides" - they have movie-themed experiences. There is nothing thrilling about them. The "Islands of Adventure" is a separate theme park adjacent to Universal Studio. The Islands of Adventure has thrill rides. You can get a double park pass to go to both but you can safely skip Universal Studios.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Don't listen to him^^. He seems top feel you need shit in your drawers after getting off a ride, in order to have fun. Universal is GOD.

Load Metric
    A lot of people get confused by "Universal Studios" and "Islands of Adventure", as they're often jointly just called "Universal" or even "Universal Studios". They're attached, but you need separate tickets for them. The newest Harry Potter World (which just expanded) is actually in Islands of Adventure, even though you'll often see it advertised as being at Universal. Like 'The Shrink' says, Islands of Adventure is the better of the two parks, and if you don't chose to get a ticket for both, I would choose Islands of Adventure easily. But then again, I'm a big time Harry Potter nerd, and Harry Potter is sorta taking over IOA.

They're actually going to eliminate the two-park system very soon and just combine them in to one theme park (and of course jack up the price a decent amount). They're doing this because they're going to expand the Harry Potter section in to Universal and have a train (Hogwarts Express, obv) connect them.

I unfortunately lived in Orlando for 4 years, so I pretty much know what I'm talking about.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Shout out to Busch Gardens Tampa, which is what, an hour and a half out of Orlando?

Been a decade since I've been there, but I had a blast the day I spent there. Other than the fact that you have to walk soooooooo far to get to other sections sometimes, it might have been my overall favorite for rides.

As far as outrageously fat people go, there were way less at busch gardens than any of the other Orlando parks I was at. Still a lot tho.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Shout out to Busch Gardens Tampa, which is what, an hour and a half out of Orlando?

Been a decade since I've been there, but I had a blast the day I spent there. Other than the fact that you have to walk soooooooo far to get to other sections sometimes, it might have been my overall favorite for rides.

As far as outrageously fat people go, there were way less at busch gardens than any of the other Orlando parks I was at. Still a lot tho.

If you want to spend a day with hardcore n-words then go to Tampa. Leave the area after sunset at your own peril. That part of Tampa is Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Sea World has come a long ways since they upgraded their rides. Disney is disney. You will see a bunch of people who look so miserable you can't even stand yourself yet the moment their vacation is over they are booking their next trip to Disney. I'd take Disney if you are looking for the entire experience of staying on property, eating at the signature restaurants etc. If not, I'd head to Universal area.

Don't listen to PLOL's opinion. He's a gay.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Bush Gardens in Tampa is a locals hangout, hence less fatties. We get yearly passes for cheap and used to just go there to eat at the Festhaus and play videogames in the arcade. That neighborhood has gotten like really bad though in the past few years.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Just back from 2 weeks doing the parks in Orlando.

The Disney parks are geared at families with younger kids (not surprisingly). There are very few "thrill" rides. Expedition Everest is as white knuckle as Disney do but it is still pretty tame. EPCOT is a good day out at a slower pace.

Universal studios do a lot of motion (simulator) rides. Their latest coaster ride is Rip Ride Rockit - pretty intense. But when we went it broke down and we queued for 2.5 hours to get on.

Islands of Adventure have a couple of good coasters and water rides.

Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are great when the weather is hot.

The best for coasters is Busch Gardens in Tampa. Cheetah Run and Sheikra are great rides. Gwazi is fucking lethal. Falcons Fury looks crazy (it opened the week after we were there so couldn't ride). The other rides Montu, Kumba etc are all more intense than any of the disney rides so if you're into coasters don't miss this (about an hours drive from disney).

If you are going to Disney you need to download the mydisneyexperience app. This lets you book fast passes - but they book up in advance so plan ahead. You will need to use fastpasses or you'll spend your entire day queuing. The good thing about the fastpasses are that you get 3 per day at no extra cost.

You can get fastpass equivalents at universal/islands and busch gardens but you have to pay quite a lot extra on top of the regular ticket price.

If you want to eat out at Disney again book well in advance.

Disney Quest is worth a trip - tons of new and vintage arcade games. We had an all parks ticket so could get in but if you pay at the door its $45 each.

Be prepared to take lots of cash. Everything carries a tourist premium - parking at any of the parks is $17 per day, water is $3 a bottle etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Thread Information