Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the best dating site?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdwst Hstlr View Post

He uses that for hookers sometimes. He is currently looking for non-hooker companionship. Last time I looked, the Backpage personals didn't have anything.
    Using personals on any site frequented by hookers is LOL.
    Craigslist used to be decent for actual dating, and it was crawling with hookers.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

Using personals on any site frequented by hookers is LOL.
    Craigslist used to be decent for actual dating, and it was crawling with hookers.
    How is that possible?

Whenever I looked at it, the men seeking women was full of actual dudes looking to meet women (some for sex, some for relationships), and women seeking men was mostly hookers and fakes. I am imagining that every female ad on Craigslist got hundreds of responses per day, and the dudes placing ads were probably lucky to get one.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

How is that possible?

Whenever I looked at it, the men seeking women was full of actual dudes looking to meet women (some for sex, some for relationships), and women seeking men was mostly hookers and fakes. I am imagining that every female ad on Craigslist got hundreds of responses per day, and the dudes placing ads were probably lucky to get one.
    It was pretty easy to spot the fakes. They'd follow a pattern of generic templates or have weird indentation (from copy/pasting). Being able to recognize this and focus on the real ones gave you an advantage. I've met a few girls from Craigslist, but this years ago. I don't know what it's like now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This advice is obsolete, because they're pretty much all gone, but chat rooms were the best if you had the right routine down. The key was subtlety. If you came out there looking like you were just there to meet chicks, you would fail miserably.

The best part about meeting girls on chat rooms was that the guys there were absolutely awful, so the competition was about nil. This was very different than dating sites, where you were frequently up against a number of guys who were good looking/smart/interesting. The girls, on the other hand, were at least as good as the ones on dating sites, if not better.

None of this matters anymore because chat rooms are, for the most part, a thing of the past. Not sure why, but they fell out of favor. Yahoo was the last big one standing, and that's also gone now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdwst Hstlr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    backpage.
    He uses that for hookers sometimes. He is currently looking for non-hooker companionship. Last time I looked, the Backpage personals didn't have anything.
    It was a joke, but it has effectively brought real discussion and derailed the thread, yw.

Thread Information