Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best dating site?

Bronze
    Load Metric

What's the best dating site?

My roomate wants to join a dating site and he is pretty retarded when it comes the sorting through all the scams and spams out there. I know there has been discussion on here and Donkdown about plenty o fish and other sites(I can't find any foums at Donkdown anymore). Has anyone here had any recent expeience on these dating sites. Any recommendations or stories?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Use Plenty of Fish for the shotgun approach, mass messaging and one-night stands. Lots of airheads and fat chicks. Use OKCupid for coffee dates with pretentious liberal hipsters. I have no idea what Match or Zoosk have to offer.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Use Plenty of Fish for the shotgun approach, mass messaging and one-night stands. Lots of airheads and fat chicks. Use OKCupid for coffee dates with pretentious liberal hipsters. I have no idea what Match or Zoosk have to offer.
    I'm being a bit facetious there, btw. Both sites are very vigilant about combating spam, so there isn't much to worry about in terms of Nigerians and cam whores. OKCupid has more depth and tends to attract the college crowd. You can learn a lot about people before meeting them. POF has much higher traffic but far less information.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Airheads are definitely more his cup of tea opposed to the coffee house type. I've been seeing Match and Zoosk come up alote in top 10 type lists but know no one who has tried them. My roomate is 43.

Load Metric
    "my roommate"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    "my roommate"

That was my 1st thought, he should have said the guy down the street, and he just bought his 1st computer.

Load Metric
    ChristianMingle.com

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. - Psalms 37:4

http://www.christianmingle.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Hstlr,

If your friend has any game at all, have him go on POF. I wouldnt expect much though, like Srsly said...its more for hookups.

If he is seriously just looking to meet nice people, have him go to match.com and pay for a few months to see how it goes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Instaban

Load Metric
    Tell your roommate to try this one.

http://www.blackpeoplemeet.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    "my roommate"

That was my 1st thought, he should have said the guy down the street, and he just bought his 1st computer.
    Im not tring to imply that I'm above dating sites at all as a matter of fact my roomate probably has a better chance for hookups on one than me based on physical appearance but he is a ding bat and always needs help with this shit. I wish I could find that guide that scammer Jasep wrote and just give that to him.
    I usually get a hooker when I need laid and it doesn't bother me to admit that so making up a pretend roomate for this thread would be silly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdwst Hstlr View Post
    Airheads are definitely more his cup of tea opposed to the coffee house type. I've been seeing Match and Zoosk come up alote in top 10 type lists but know no one who has tried them. My roomate is 43.
    Wow. Is your roommate Jewdonk? Roommates are fine......when you're in college. If I'm ever 43 and have a roommate I will kill myself.
    Last edited by Muck Ficon; 03-21-2013 at 10:59 PM.
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Banned
    Load Metric
    If he's 43, try eHarmony I guess.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Wow. Is your roommate Jewdonk? Roommates are fine......when your in college. If I'm ever 43 and have a roommate I will kill myself.
    He is a friend who lands here everytime he fucks up in life. The first time he landed here I taught him how to beat online sngs and I stake him whenever he comes back untill he gets on his feet.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    If he's 43, try eHarmony I guess.
    To old for POF?

Load Metric
    backpage.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have barely used dating sites.

However, I have many friends that have. And yes, I really do mean friends -- if it was my own experience, I would admit it (and probably have more detailed feedback).

Here is what I have been told:

OKCupid - Best by far. Tends to have the best looking women (by dating site standards) who are actually willing to meet and don't have ridiculously high standards. There are a number of phonies/fake accounts on there, though.

Plentyoffish - The best for one-night-stands, but most of the girls are ugly, and the few that aren't tend to ignore you.

match.com - Huge selection, but that actually works against you because there's too much competition for any decent girls on there.

eHarmony - The whole "find your perfect match" thing is BS, as their matching system is very generic and does a poor job really pinpointing those with a lot in common with you. This is the most relationship-centric site, meaning that you will meet women who are looking for something serious, and probably won't put out unless you pretend you want the same thing (which I think is a fucked up thing to do).

JDate - Even if you're Jewish, stay away from this garbage site. You know those really bitchy Jewish girls who have ridiculously high standards and think the world of themselves, despite having very little to offer? That's who you'll meet there, for the most part.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

Wow. Is your roommate Jewdonk? Roommates are fine......when your in college. If I'm ever 43 and have a roommate I will kill myself.
    He is a friend who lands here everytime he fucks up in life. The first time he landed here I taught him how to beat online sngs and I stake him whenever he comes back untill he gets on his feet.
    That's mighty white of you.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    backpage.
    He uses that for hookers sometimes. He is currently looking for non-hooker companionship. Last time I looked, the Backpage personals didn't have anything.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    backpage.
    He uses that for hookers sometimes. He is currently looking for non-hooker companionship. Last time I looked, the Backpage personals didn't have anything.
    Using personals on any site frequented by hookers is LOL.

Thread Information